Is this nute burn? Please help

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

this my candy kush auto. She is about 2 and a half weeks old. Today I noticed a couple of the leaf tips are yellow and there is a little white/yellow speck on one of the leaves. I haven't given her any nutrients other than whats in the soil (better homes and garden natural and organic). Thank you anyone!
20211014_175024.jpg
I feel that I need to address this quickly.
Is this nute burn please help 2

Last edited:
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Take a breath 😉, give the plant some plain water no added nutes and give her a couple days and see what she looks like then. That's what I'd do at least.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Take a breath 😉, give the plant some plain water no added nutes and give her a couple days and see what she looks like then. That's what I'd do at least.
Thankslol I'm probably over cautious/worried. Just my first auto and I want to try to stay on top of things. But I will take your advice. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Yeah, I think it's pretty common to get freaked out at times but you gotta remember, weed is a weed. Typically it's over or under caring for it that causes problems. It's still a young plant so it's working hard to get established, the less interference at this point, the better I think.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Yeah, I think it's pretty common to get freaked out at times but you gotta remember, weed is a weed. Typically it's over or under caring for it that causes problems. It's still a young plant so it's working hard to get established, the less interference at this point, the better I think.
Ok man. I wasn't going to worry about the speck I noticed yesterday but today I noticed the tips and was like yikes. I will calm down lol I was going to start training in about a week or so.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Water spots can cause minor issues. I've burnt a few leaves from sloppy watering on my current grow.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Looks a little soggy there, sure you're not overwatering?

How much and how often is it getting watered?

What's the pot size?
I water about every other day. Thats usually when the soil looks dry. I just watered her yesterday and she's in a 3 gallon grow bag. Gave her probably about 3 or 4 cups of water if my guess is right.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Water spots can cause minor issues. I've burnt a few leaves from sloppy watering on my current grow.
I've been bad about getting water on the leaves when I water and I take a paper towel and lightly wipe the water off. I bet it wouldn't take much moisture left on the leaves to cause a burn like that now that you mention it.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Looks a little soggy there, sure you're not overwatering?

How much and how often is it getting watered?

What's the pot size?
See, to me it looks bone dry except for some spots right around the canopy of the plant. If that's a fabric pot, I would thoroughly water it ever time and put a fan on it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ok man. I wasn't going to worry about the speck I noticed yesterday but today I noticed the tips and was like yikes. I will calm down lol I was going to start training in about a week or so.
Very simple solution that will take all the guess work out of when to water. You need to water thoroughly when you water and then not water again until it's dry. Use one of these inexpensive meters to tell you when to water. I like this one because it shows several levels of dryness ... I water when the meter reads between 2 and 3.

Moisture Meter

DevinA95

DevinA95

Very simple solution that will take all the guess work out of when to water. You need to water thoroughly when you water and then not water again until it's dry. Use one of these inexpensive meters to tell you when to water. I like this one because it shows several levels of dryness ... I water when the meter reads between 2 and 3.

View attachment 1178937
I've not seen this before. I will look into getting one. Definitely would be useful.

DevinA95

DevinA95

See, to me it looks bone dry except for some spots right around the canopy of the plant. If that's a fabric pot, I would thoroughly water it ever time and put a fan on it.
When I water her I just pour it around the base of the plant. I was thinking thats what I was supposed to do with a seedling. Is that a bad move by me? The outer part of the pot is definitely bone dry.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I've not seen this before. I will look into getting one. Definitely would be useful.
Just get the moisture meter though. Some come with PH readers which are garbage and light meters which are OK I guess but not really needed. I have a water meter too and it is handy.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I bought mine on Ebay and I think it was around $10 shipped. I can't find it right now, but one of our regulars here has a thread using this method ... If I find it, I'll post it for you.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
When I water her I just pour it around the base of the plant. I was thinking thats what I was supposed to do with a seedling. Is that a bad move by me? The outer part of the pot is definitely bone dry.
Her roots are the primary focus right now so they are growing strong. You could dump a half gallon on her easy, set a fan by the pot and wait a couple days to check again.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Her roots are the primary focus right now so they are growing strong. You could dump a half gallon on her easy, set a fan by the pot and wait a couple days to check again.
I'm about to give her a half gallon now unless you think i should wait until tomorrow for her regular watering day?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Roots won't penetrate dry soil. Over-watering really is usually watering too often. Not allowing time for the soil to dry before watering again. Water thoroughly and then wait for the soil to dry out.

Top Bottom