Is this plant starting to flower ?

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

Is this plant starting to flower ? 4 weeks old in ffhf soil. 2nd plant a couple days behind. Looks normal. Still on 18/6 for another week or so based on tent size. 4x4x80". Medical ac/dc. Last one is white widow. None supposed to be autos.

Is this plant starting to flower
Is this plant starting to flower 2
Is this plant starting to flower 3
Is this plant starting to flower 4
Is this plant starting to flower 5
Is this plant starting to flower 6
Is this plant starting to flower 7
Is this plant starting to flower 8
Last edited:
Panhead59

Panhead59

Absolutely in flower mode
Yeah, thanks. It's just been another 4 hrs. Or so and now it's real obvious. Shooting for sky also. Wonder how that happened ? Light been on timer 18/6, no elec. Issues, been home all weekend. If u look close, top leaves have a little taco effect with dark. Pointed up tips. Any idea what that could be ?

Panhead59

Panhead59

Yeah, thanks. It's just been another 4 hrs. Or so and now it's real obvious. Shooting for sky also. Wonder how that happened ? Light been on timer 18/6, no elec. Issues, been home all weekend. If u look close, top leaves have a little taco effect with dark. Pointed up tips. Any idea what that could be ?
Reset timer for 12/12. Lux all the way up. Light 18-24" up. Mars 2000 (light), 300w. Any thing i need to do different now in flower ? Only been fed about 1 week ago, 1st time. Ff nutes. Should i start bloom nutes ? Pretty excited ( 1st grow) can u tell !!!!!

Panhead59

Panhead59

Reset timer for 12/12. Lux all the way up. Light 18-24" up. Mars 2000 (light), 300w. Any thing i need to do different now in flower ? Only been fed about 1 week ago, 1st time. Ff nutes. Should i start bloom nutes ? Pretty excited ( 1st grow) can u tell !!!!!
These were not autos. But flowering now, it is what it is i guess. Time for second feeding (4+ weeks old) tomorrow
Using ff trio nutes. Use all three now that they r in flower ? Anything else to keep an eye on ? Tks.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is this plant starting to flower ? 4 weeks old in ffhf soil. 2nd plant a couple days behind. Looks normal. Still on 18/6 for another week or so based on tent size. 4x4x80". Medical ac/dc. Last one is white widow. None supposed to be autos.
I've read that AC/DC is not a seed based pheno, rather a 1:20 pheno of Cannatonic. I've tried to grow it from seed and I've never gotten the same plant twice.

It's possible they slipped an auto in there maybe, since there really should not be AC/DC seeds - only clones - so who knows what you have?

I dunno but I wish you better luck than me, may your CBD cup overflow.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I've read that AC/DC is not a seed based pheno, rather a 1:20 pheno of Cannatonic. I've tried to grow it from seed and I've never gotten the same plant twice.

It's possible they slipped an auto in there maybe, since there really should not be AC/DC seeds - only clones - so who knows what you have?

I dunno but I wish you better luck than me, may your CBD cup overflow.
So since it's flowering, it needs more nutes now ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

They don’t look hungry to me. You could start the traditional shift to PK over N but I don’t think you need more just the right kinds and proportions. But don’t listen to me there are lots of soil growers here that know way more than me on the subject. I’m hydro and if this were my grow I would not change until the plants started asking for it.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Dang I would be annoyed if I were you. Definitely email the seed company and complain they should compensate you if they are at all reputable. If not roast them on trust pilot. If it were me I’d give it a little flush and switch to bloom formula. It’s an auto so you don’t have to switch to 12/12 but I def understand if you want everything on the same schedule. I’ve never personally grown an auto so I can’t offer much advice on that front. Moe is right though just watch the plant they look healthy.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Tks. For the replies. 1st time grower so I didn't really know what to expect. 2 are the ac/dc, which are flowering. The other is a white widow that I'll just flip now. A little early.
Don't like it anyway, to short and fat. Not many bud sites compared to the others. Tks again.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Did you get these AC DC from Pacific Seed Bank by any chance?

You are doing great for your first grow. Those plants will yield for you and you will only get better with experience. My best advice for next grow is find quality seeds.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Did you get these AC DC from Pacific Seed Bank by any chance?

You are doing great for your first grow. Those plants will yield for you and you will only get better with experience. My best advice for next grow is find quality seeds.
Growbuds seeds. I bought 3 ea. Of medical ac/dc, white widow, acopulco gold. 1st grow was 2 ac dc, 1 ww, and 1 a. Gold. Out of the 4, the 2 ac dc look to be autos and the a. Gold never germinated !!! At $10 a pop you should get what u pay for. Got any recommendations on seed companies ? I'm high energy, so going with sativas from now on. Tks 4 encouragement, it helps.

Last edited:
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

North Atlantic seed bank has done me good. Neptune is also good. They have mephisto genetics auto flowers right now that are super popular and sell out real quick. I’m thinking about trying one out.

SmokeRings900

SmokeRings900

Hello you are doing well for your first grow each grow is a new chapter.... If you want the Dankest genetics go to Neptune from this link and get a discount there are so many strains to choose from all different top breeders.
GROW STRONG~ PEACE
neptuneseedbank.com/?ref=299&campaign=Breezy

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Growbuds seeds. I bought 3 ea. Of medical ac/dc, white widow, acopulco gold. 1st grow was 2 ac dc, 1 ww, and 1 a. Gold. Out of the 4, the 2 ac dc look to be autos and the a. Gold never germinated !!! At $10 a pop you should get what u pay for. Got any recommendations on seed companies ? I'm high energy, so going with sativas from now on. Tks 4 encouragement, it helps.
So generalizations - I've learned the hard way that you need to get to the source for the best chance at the best genetics. Often times that means ordering from Europe and waiting. Ace seeds and Seedsman are a couple I have used successfully.

By the source, I mean the original breeder. Take any stain you have heard a lot about - pick any. Like White Widow. There are tons of copycats out there since there is money in seed. But buying from Greenhouse Seeds on that strain - the original breeder - gives you the best possible chance of a stabilized line that is as close to what you are expecting as possible.

Panhead59

Panhead59

So generalizations - I've learned the hard way that you need to get to the source for the best chance at the best genetics. Often times that means ordering from Europe and waiting. Ace seeds and Seedsman are a couple I have used successfully.

By the source, I mean the original breeder. Take any stain you have heard a lot about - pick any. Like White Widow. There are tons of copycats out there since there is money in seed. But buying from Greenhouse Seeds on that strain - the original breeder - gives you the best possible chance of a stabilized line that is as close to what you are expecting as possible.
So how do you find that out. When they advertise do they say that they are the original breeder ? I would think that would be great bragging rights. Research and ask around i guess. Tks for info, I'm learning a ton !!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just googled "White Widow Original Breeder"

Here is the top hit:

Among the most famous strains worldwide is White Widow, a balanced hybrid first bred in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. A cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica, White Widow has blessed every Dutch coffee shop menu since its birth in the 1990s.

So when you go to order seeds, make sure they are from that breeder in original packaging. Good seed banks will tell you where they are from and provide the real thing. I'll bet there are more than 20 companies selling White Widow, as an example.

SmokeApotamus

SmokeApotamus

Listen to what they are saying about the seed bank it’s so true. Another thing that happened to me and then I actually found some research on it was when I topped my feminized plants it triggered a couple of plants to start flowering. I know you mentioned that none we’re supposed to be auto. That’s a good thing because A LOT of things apparently can trigger auto flower to flower. Whether it’s inconsistent lighting, temperature fluctuating to much or a certain nutrients mixed together etc... I think your grow looks good I just think a rather unfortunate chain of events took place and there really isn’t anything to do now other then Flowering the beautiful ladies and get ready to cure your crop in a few weeks!!!

Panhead59

Panhead59

Listen to what they are saying about the seed bank it’s so true. Another thing that happened to me and then I actually found some research on it was when I topped my feminized plants it triggered a couple of plants to start flowering. I know you mentioned that none we’re supposed to be auto. That’s a good thing because A LOT of things apparently can trigger auto flower to flower. Whether it’s inconsistent lighting, temperature fluctuating to much or a certain nutrients mixed together etc... I think your grow looks good I just think a rather unfortunate chain of events took place and there really isn’t anything to do now other then Flowering the beautiful ladies and get ready to cure your crop in a few weeks!!!
Cool. Yes i will listen. Luckily, researching, learning, organizing, planning etc. Come quite naturally for me. I've learned pretty much on my own my whole life, (63 now) and this forum and internet makes it sooooo much easier. I'm enjoying this, as it should be. I can't even smoke the stuff till I retire in 2 1/2 yrs. Truck driver. Just getting prepared, get a little experience under my belt. And hopefully help the wife with her fybromyalia pain. Now I'll start researching the drying/curing process. Tks again to everyone for the input, its really appreciated!!!!!!! This is what they look like now, at 2 days shy of 5 weeks total.

20210609 165742
20210609 165803
20210609 165810
20210609 165839

Latest posts

Top Bottom