Is this plant to small for 7 weeks, or am I right on board with this plant?

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

hey growers,
I was lookin at my gurls today and came to the concluson that my plants are to small for 7 weeks and 4 weeks, let me explane...
The first plant i had in this setup was the only lonely seed that worked out of all 5 that i ordered back in april, with that i contacted the company and wham-o i had 5 more crystal feminized seeds, once i planted all these everyone of them took right off and are doing great,
now my question is, the first plant i had that only 1 worked, thats now 7 weeks and only 10inches tall, i topped this plant at the 6th internod and instead of one main cola site, i now have 2 cola sites thats grown in place now.
The second set of crystal feminzed plants which are 5 plants in all and at week 4 on thursday and 4 of the 5 plants are at 7inches tall, and 1 plant is only at 4 maby 5 inches tall.. they are look very healthy and get feed filtered water with a ph of 6.0 on the dot.
The plant thats at week 7 shes been getting some nutes this past 3 waterings from Grow, Micro, Bloom advanced nutrients, and shes responding great to it, still i want to use all of these plants as mom plants and cut as many clones as possible, pick the best 8 clones and fill my 8 plant hydroponic DWC sprayer system that will veg for 4 weeks then flip to HPS to 12 & 12 for bloom inwhich ill be useing a scrog that is 3x3ft in size,
the same size of the tent im going to be growing in under a 400watt aircooled light kit with a digital ballast, inside the tent i have a inline fan thats pushing air in the tent from the nextroom, and an exhaust fan thats sucking hotair and bad air and blowing it into an other room thats enclosed in..
the plants right now that i am growing for mom plants right now are growing in miracle gro soiless mix for the week 7 plant, and Moisture + soil for the 5 other plant, in my own opinion, the moisture + is the best out of those 2, these plants really took right off after 4 weeks,
im going to add the photos of the plants, i explaned every aspect of the grow op above there so i can get this mystrey solved, im worryed to the point that after looking at hafe the plants on this sit, as week 7, there plants are hitting near 2 feet or more, and mines not even 1 foot, its only 10 inches, am i doing something wrong, is this the right height for soil grows, this is my first time growing indoors, so its my firsttime every dealing with plants in soil and hydro systems, can someone help mee!!!:worried:worried

Is this plant to small for 7 weeks or am i right on board with this plant
Is this plant to small for 7 weeks or am i right on board with this plant 2
Is this plant to small for 7 weeks or am i right on board with this plant 3
jagle

jagle

look at my grow in my sig. the bottom pic in the last post is my room, biggest is 2 weeks into 12/12, 7 weeks from seed going in ground, so what, 5 weeks veg.
other 2 biggest are 2 weeks 12/12 and 4 weeks veg, tho they are suffering some problems at the moment.

what kinda lights you using? im using ghetto cfl's 6 of em a few inchs from the plant tops

C

caperfarmer902

i got a luma 400 digital ballast aircooled light kit, both hps and mh hooked up to the light is a 6inch exhaust fan that leads into an other room nowhere near my grow room, or near the room my fresh air is coming from..

jagle

jagle

strange your grow setup seems a hella lot more precise then mine, yet my ko kush plant is much better then yours, overall id say yours are doing well tho, maybe move the light a bit closer? use the old hand test and see how that gets on, closer the lights the more lumens

C

caperfarmer902

and what is this rule of hand for putting the light closer, this seems like the thing i needed to get better results...

jagle

jagle

use your hand to see if the lights are burning the plants, put your hand at the level of the canopy, if it warms your hand ok, its fine, if it starts to hurtm too close

OttomanFarmer

OttomanFarmer

use your hand to see if the lights are burning the plants, put your hand at the level of the canopy, if it warms your hand ok, its fine, if it starts to hurtm too close

hehe what a coincidence, just learned that rule yesterday too :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
they look fine to me...have you topped them?

C

CHILKaT

It's hard for me to judge what size your plants should or shouldn't be. You're using a soiless mix, a different strain, lighting, etc. Your plants look okay.

I don't grow in soiless mix and have never ventured into hydro. I have two plants that are now 4 weeks from seed. I start my seeds in rockwool cubes, I've found it to be the best medium to start from, they sprout with first leaves within 48 hours. I leave them in cubes for a few days then plant them into 1 gal homemade smart pots with my reused organic soil mix. They are only watered, never fed. My plants are healthy and vigorous, due in part to landrace genetics and my soil.

The first is 17", not topped, clones taken from lower branches. The second is 24" has been topped once, but will have to be topped again as it's sitting on my lights already. These are two different strains, the smaller one has been slow and steady. I grow under T5's now and love the growth I get from these lights.

M a 01 05 01 11
P a 01 05 01 11
jyip

jyip

Cfarmer,
i'm am like you, zero experience in soilmix indoors, but have been successful outdoor w/same container/soilmix w/great success, go figure,
anyhow, I was only letting you know I hah/have a 430hps light ihave used on n off for years... After your plts are used to the light you can get as close as six inches, at least i had, and if you start 12-15 inches is plenty, and i loved that light cuz it grew like crazy, i had it over a turbo garden, a 2x3 ft ebb n flo on 25 gal res,,,enuff lite 4 ur 3 x 3 also
your plts look fine, like others posted, strain, soil, light,n othe variables make it impossible to say they are not well, but we always want them bigger n better huh? I think they r fine, in u will finetune as u move forwrd,, Moderation being the key here, IMO anyhow, cuz i tend to feed more than i should

chillkat,
what kind of strains ya growin there ? i think the top one, it looks super healthy! that reminds of a hindu kush i had, and the bottom looks like white widow i had,, same serrated fan leaves, again IMO only...nice lookin plts tho indeed

goodluck there capefarmer

C

CHILKaT

Cfarmer,
chillkat,
what kind of strains ya growin there ? i think the top one, it looks super healthy! that reminds of a hindu kush i had, and the bottom looks like white widow i had,, same serrated fan leaves, again IMO only...nice lookin plts tho indeed

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but to answer your question: The first is a Nepalese Sativa x Afghani, a purple pheno crossed back to my Afghani male. The second is a 70's Colombian Gold x Unknown Indica crossed to my Nepalese Sativa x Afghani. Just a test run to get an idea.

C

caperfarmer902

Hey Jyips,
And thanks for answering my questions and understanding what position im in here,
Right now i have more plant since my last post, i have 6 crystal, 8 DominionRepublic marijuana seeds, and 5 ak48 plants, the plant above and the oldest are crystal, the others are only babies. All the photos above are all crystal fron nirvana, and feminized, it has white widow and northorn lights in it..

Top Bottom