is this possible?!?! light cycle trick!?!

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

critical

[DISCLAIMER]: This information is provided as experimental data and not fact.

The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was the following photoperiod adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the "sun" only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant's metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won't see 49 - 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed.

The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other enviromental conditions are kept optimal.

The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don't have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system's capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don't be afraid!

Day 1 - Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 - Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 - Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 - Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 - Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm
Last modified: 22:56 - Dec 03, 2000

faq:607 "How do I manipulate the photoperiod for larger yields?"

C

critical

im thinkin of tryin it but i wana hear from sum peeps thats used it with success b4 i try incase i ruin my beloved crop

please any1 who has tried with success post yer input, many thanks

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
A lot of us have read this post, and none of us has had the cajones to give it a try. Maybe you can be the first.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have tried it with a one plant grow with no adverse effects. I did not no a side by side at the time to compare yields though. Didnt notice any bigger size or yield though.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when I was in Holland in 93 growers were talking about 12 hour days - so veg would have been 8/4 and flower would have been 6/6 - they insisted you could cut harvest time in half from seed to finish

I never did see how that would work unless you bred plants to acclimate to those hours - obviously it was a passing fad because I never hard anything more about that

though this is a different schedule altogether it reminded me of debating 12 hour day technique with the growers then

you better have some real stable genetics if your gonna fuck with the light cycle

G

Gaval

they sell 18 hr timers so your plants get 6 hrs of light an 12 hrs of dark, my uncle was using them an stopped the yields werent good they finished a week or so earlier tho

C

critical

when I was in Holland in 93 growers were talking about 12 hour days - so veg would have been 8/4 and flower would have been 6/6 - they insisted you could cut harvest time in half from seed to finish

I never did see how that would work unless you bred plants to acclimate to those hours - obviously it was a passing fad because I never hard anything more about that

though this is a different schedule altogether it reminded me of debating 12 hour day technique with the growers then

you better have some real stable genetics if your gonna fuck with the light cycle

hey motherlode, u a legend on the farm, ive seen some of your work and tips so i think it would be wise to listen to you even though i appretiate and respect every1s advice n input, do you think mr nices critical mass (cuttings), emerald triangles super sour og kush (from seed) and dna genetics recon (from seed) would be stable enough strains to give it a go? the super sour og is meant to be a hardy plant n loves to be tide down apparently, the recon is meant to be easy to grow and its a big yielder again apparently, and i know that my critical mass cuttings reacted well to super cropping last time n handled stress quite well so would this mean they would all deal with the stress of this of this method and be stable enough strains?

G

Growing247

I'm not very impressed by "EMERALD TRIANGLE" I bought about 400 bucks worth of gear from them, and while everything sprouted I'm not seeing the stability I had hoped for. Some strains love the soil I am using "sunshine #4" while others got burnt by it and are just now recovering and looking good. I didn't plant straight into potting soil either, I cut the soil with 2 bags of LIGHT WARRIOR and a bag of happy frog to mellow it out but still I got burnt leaves bad. Maybe it was the light dose of VERMI-T I gave them? From now I'm only going wit DNA, RESERVA, or CALI CONNECTION, or WORLD OF SEEDS for my landrace and autoflower fixxes.

Dunge

Dunge

It is my understanding that it takes darkness to keep a plants hormonal condition in flowering status. 12 hours of dark seems to be what growers have settled on to do this.
It then follows that maximizing the period of light, so long as it does not revert to veg, would increase growth.
I believe this might work.
Might not a demonstration be more easily made using a 48 hour day length.
36/12
One of you hearty lads with a small tent should be able to provide a data point for us without putting too much at risk.
I am not that guy, but I am very interested in this subject.

C

critical

I'm not very impressed by "EMERALD TRIANGLE" I bought about 400 bucks worth of gear from them, and while everything sprouted I'm not seeing the stability I had hoped for. Some strains love the soil I am using "sunshine #4" while others got burnt by it and are just now recovering and looking good. I didn't plant straight into potting soil either, I cut the soil with 2 bags of LIGHT WARRIOR and a bag of happy frog to mellow it out but still I got burnt leaves bad. Maybe it was the light dose of VERMI-T I gave them? From now I'm only going wit DNA, RESERVA, or CALI CONNECTION, or WORLD OF SEEDS for my landrace and autoflower fixxes.

o ok, my super sour og's are lookin great so thats a surprise to me, vigorous growth, nice healthy full bright green leaves n thick stems n after 3.5 weeks of veg already has nice aromas about them and are a good foot or foot n a half tall, im using alpha mix soil made of worm castings and stuff all organic,and all my plants looks great the ss og, recon and critical mass, thats what i always start in n then repot into bat mix in bigger pots just before i switch to flower, works well n leaves stay green to the end, didnt even use 1 drop of nutrients last time, completely organic n the best critical mass every1 i know had smoked n the taste, smell, look n effect was proof of it :) maybe you should try it, thanks for your input n sorry u didnt have as much joy with emerald as me, dont worry though i have my fair share of bad luck to budy trust me lol anyway peace out..

N

nitrobob

howdy doody Growing247 im doin the emerald triangle super sour og sorry to hear bout problems with ur lot but dont write emerald triangle off just yet im doin 14 fem in all and nearly all are lookin like same pheno but mine are thriving just put in to flower after 2 month veg coz they all started sproutin flowers in 24/0 light yeh geeza all 14 are female yeah :movie:icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26: iv never had a strain that i aint burnt or gone a bit yellow round the edges but these mutha thrusta's are doin brilliant in cheapo soil too all are dark green in colour 12 are 2.5 feet tall and 2 are 3.5feet tall under 6 t5 bulbs
i thinka ama gonna sticka with this badboy strain ifa the popo donta come knockin i shouldnt get my hopes up coz dont know much bout the yeild or strength of the weed but if the dry yeild is super and sour and tastes like og og il be happy actually more than happy il be fuckin stoned:banana1sv6: nitrobob out safe

C

critical

howdy doody Growing247 im doin the emerald triangle super sour og sorry to hear bout problems with ur lot but dont write emerald triangle off just yet im doin 14 fem in all and nearly all are lookin like same pheno but mine are thriving just put in to flower after 2 month veg coz they all started sproutin flowers in 24/0 light yeh geeza all 14 are female yeah :movie:icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26: iv never had a strain that i aint burnt or gone a bit yellow round the edges but these mutha thrusta's are doin brilliant in cheapo soil too all are dark green in colour 12 are 2.5 feet tall and 2 are 3.5feet tall under 6 t5 bulbs
i thinka ama gonna sticka with this badboy strain ifa the popo donta come knockin i shouldnt get my hopes up coz dont know much bout the yeild or strength of the weed but if the dry yeild is super and sour and tastes like og og il be happy actually more than happy il be fuckin stoned:banana1sv6: nitrobob out safe

lol exactly same feedback from me bro and dont worry iv checked this strain out n basicly from what iv read its a realy potent lemeny sort of kush that you get the slight sour deisel and blubery taste but it faids in an out of the main taste which is prodomenently a lemony og kushy flavour, aparrently, n by the size n bushyness of mine, i would say its guna be a nice yielder fo sho , it did say medium to large yield i think, every 1 of my nodes that have grown out have already got around a meter in lenth!! full plant hieght bout 1.75 meters before flower has even properly begun with same veg time as u (8 week)and been in flower now for a week! and also already got tip buds forming ! ! just like the critical mass that got put in at same time! which is astounding as iv never seen any other strain grow with the speed of the critical mass, my recon which is same veg n flower timewise looks a lil bit behind them both though, but none the less it also looks like guna be a big yielder as promised by dna genetics, and hopefully as strong as they say 2, i did love the la confadential in dam's grey area cafe so that mixed with the cannalope haze n then back crossed with more la confadential should be nice fo sho to, realy musky n thick is what i am hopeing for tastewise, but it might be a lil sweet as cannolope haze has a mellony taste apparently... anywayz piece out dudes

C

critical

all that being said, back to what we was ment to be talking bout, i think i would defo try this light cycle trick with the super sour og and the critical mass as they dont realy give a shit bout nufin n are never stressed no matter what i do to em, they just thrive, BUT the recon seems to stress out n crimp all its leaves up at the slightest thing?! i duno if i just got an unlucky batch or what coz there is 2 outa the 6 that show good stress tolerence n good vibrent growth so it might just be a bad batch but we will see, im guna have to wrap dna's recon in bubble wrap though this time i think if i dont want any hermys fukin up my project... might try another batch n see next time if any better, at least all fem seeds turned out female from emerald and dna so not all bad..

Top Bottom