Is this powdery mildew or normal?

• Thread starter rockyracoonface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

There is brown on the leaves around the buds? When I take a picture that I can enlarge it looks like the actual leaf changed color.
Is this powdery mildew or normal

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
It mostly looks like the start of some "fall coloring" to me, and I definitely don't see any powdery mildew. What strain is that?

Here's a granddaddy purple of mine that changed color on my pretty quickly, and the leaves looked similar to yours when they first started to change.

Tent194

Last edited:
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Thanks, It is White Widow autoflower. I hadn’t considered that they change color.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Thanks, It is White Widow autoflower. I hadn’t considered that they change color.

I can't speak to the WW genetics, but I just took at look in my tent (probably letting in more cat hair) and one of my GDP's has leaves that are virtually identical to yours. That doesn't necessarily mean yours are okay, as I suppose that would depend on your plants genetics and what prompted the fall colors to show. I'm very much a beginner so I'm sorry I can't help more than that. 😅

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

No problem, my leaves are kinda lime colored as well. It is a learning process. I’m trying to stay away from anything that may change my ph. I think I have perfect ph in my well so I don’t want to start fooling with it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Many strains will change color right when they are ready for harvest or just before.
Temps also have a lot to do with that.

Chem77

Chem77

Looks like a nutrient issue to me. Buds should be way bigger and farther along before you see color changing leaves. They look quite yellow from the pic.

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

The plant is eight weeks old. It may be 4 weeks into flower. I don’t really know how you start counting. I agree it is yellow. It has only had the original soil of FFOF, side dressing of worm castings and FFOF Big Bloom.

Chem77

Chem77

The plant is eight weeks old. It may be 4 weeks into flower. I don’t really know how you start counting. I agree it is yellow. It has only had the original soil of FFOF, side dressing of worm castings and FFOF Big Bloom.
Not really familiar with fox farm, used it 20 years ago, might need some nitrogen.
It’s really hard to diagnose someone’s plant as without knowing everything to a T that you’ve done.
Definitely not bud rot or pm, it’s a nutrient issue.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

it all depends on the gentics and stress.
Some start changing colors 3 weeks into flower while others closer to harvest.

Do not be seduced by the pretty colors ; ya gotta get up close and personal.
check trichomes

Chem77

Chem77

They are yellow at week 4 of flowering, something is wrong, I don’t think that’s from cold temps.

Beza

Beza

Ya that brown is purple. Just grew some that had a bunch of that here is a harvest pic (can see some purple if look close):
HibJabba

IMO you did what I do sometimes. Pulled up late short of Nitrogen. Hate it when my timing is off on feeding. Don't like to feed close to harvest myself but if I was you I would feed em an organic nitrogen. I usually have mine too dark (IMO) at harvest. Nitrogen tastes like crap! The purple if not temperature related then some small amount of a purple strain got into your WW.

Edit: too me (need loop to check trichs for amber) they look like they have at least two or maybe even three weeks to go.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your other option is to feed them.

One of these is great to have. USB Microscope

Microscope
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Ya that brown is purple. Just grew some that had a bunch of that here is a harvest pic (can see some purple if look close):View attachment 1172858

IMO you did what I do sometimes. Pulled up late short of Nitrogen. Hate it when my timing is off on feeding. Don't like to feed close to harvest myself but if I was you I would feed em an organic nitrogen. I usually have mine too dark (IMO) at harvest. Nitrogen tastes like crap! The purple if not temperature related then some small amount of a purple strain got into your WW.

Edit: too me (need loop to check trichs for amber) they look like they have at least two or maybe even three weeks to go.
What would be good as an organic nitrogen? I put some worm castings on the top this morning. The bag says it has some nitrogen in it. My temp is in the 70s ….mostly 74. I’m not against something not organic …. but I am trying to keep it simple

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Your other option is to feed them.

One of these is great to have. USB Microscope
I am going to fry to feed it. I have two other plants that going down the same road two weeks younger that will benefit. The microscope looks like a cool tool and toy. I have bought a jeweler’s loop. I was surprised how much the tricomes show up in the phone camera.

Beza

Beza

What would be good as an organic nitrogen? I put some worm castings on the top this morning. The bag says it has some nitrogen in it. My temp is in the 70s ….mostly 74. I’m not against something not organic …. but I am trying to keep it simple
worm casting high in Nitrogen...that may do it. This close to harvest be careful not to overdo it. I have an organic liquid I mix with water that I bought at Walmart but I don't think they carry it anymore. I usually don't have to feed because I add so much to my base soil, "Happy Frog,". When I have had to use it I usually see results in just a few days. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom