Is this powdery mildew or normal?

• Thread starter rockyracoonface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think you got a bit to go there, actually. I would try to darken it up a tad, with some N, and K+, not too much, but certainly some. Those outside (purpling) edges are likely strain, or temp dependent, but it's a form of K+ deficiency, IMO. Note how it's all in the top new growth areas. Clearly, the plant needs to green up some.

Last edited:
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Considering it is a learning experience for me I am going to experiment with adding some cal mag to my water. My water is slightly soft and when I gave my tomatoes tomatoe fertilizer in the garden this year for the first time we had a bumper crop of tomatoes. I know I know nothing but that is what a dream told to do and it has little downside. My plants have been somewhat yellow from day one but they grew fairly well. Maybe it is something secondary.

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Here is a follow up. I am sure I was slow to address the issue. I tried cal mag on two of my plants in my watering rotation and seemed to make them worse or didn’t help any. Now, I have bought some General Hydroponics and it seems to be slowing down my problem. I think I notice some of the damaged leaves getting some green in them. I’m doing a really low dosage because I am a noob.
2DFDA1C2 06D0 40F6 BBFB A7B20D10F865

Top Bottom