Is this powdery mildew or something else?

• Thread starter Caniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caniac

Caniac

Been getting these white spots on my outdoor plants. Grown in promix with destiny complete grow system amendments in veg and gaia green power bloom in bud. I have Tons of wind coming through the backyard and it hasn't been that wet I'm kinda stumped. Maybe some kind of bug?
Is this powdery mildew or something else 2
Is this powdery mildew or something else

Mattyice

Mattyice

Could be spots left from leaf hoppers, looks like what I had.

Caniac

Caniac

Lol its definitely not bird crap. Mattyice I think you might be on to something I definitely have leaf hoppers passing thru, should I be worried?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Lol its definitely not bird crap. Mattyice I think you might be on to something I definitely have leaf hoppers passing thru, should I be worried?
This is leafhopper damage
Screenshot 20190830 193549 Google

Last edited:
Mattyice

Mattyice

Not if you can kill them. Look around your plants and start smushing them. I found the big female and killed her, and all I could find. It seemed to do the trick. I also moved my girls inside so it was easier to keep under control.

Mattyice

Mattyice

You can read some of my posts between saf there’s some good info in there. Also depending on where you are you’re outside temperature should be dropping soon ( a little at least) this will help, de-earther will work good. It dries them up 👍

Mattyice

Mattyice

When they suck on the plants they will get a build up of resins and saliva on them, and when they hop around they leave drops of what looks like water on the leaves. When It dries it looks just like that.

Madbud

Madbud

When they suck on the plants they will get a build up of resins and saliva on them, and when they hop around they leave drops of what looks like water on the leaves. When It dries it looks just like that.
The nymph stage also leaves residue.

teejacks

teejacks

I just noticed these spots on my plants as well today, not as white though. They were only spotted on the shady side of the plant so I assumed mildew build up. I do have some leafhoppers around my grow too. Push onward!

Steve705

Steve705

I have some outside autoflower plants that had those exact marks (little white spots that looked like mildew). Had it happen a few times. Turns out it was from the morning dew that builds up on the leaves and stuff. The sun beats down on it and that’s what I got. I started giving the plants a little shake in the morning to get all the dew off and it went away. Didn’t have any kind of damage to the plants either.

B

Burned Haze

Since outdoors sometimes (if shit/stuff happens) you gotta “swirl-clean” your plants before you dry them or trim them, you don’t want the bugs, and contaminates of the outdoors . If your truly growing outdoors any bug or bird can shit, get involved ( so why not give it a little wash like food before drying if it’s not even that small of a % lose, I don’t like smoking bird shit or bug larvae .

A simple based h2o2 swirl can be the difference of contaminated and clean bud . People think swirling a harvested bud in water would lose its trich’s, well the oil’s and as long as you don’t overswirl don’t make the trich’s are damaged in anyway or lost. and key is to only make small batches of water ( a good method is every 1-3 plants change the water)

Video is just a good example, I use 5 gallons ( his kinda a goober but supplies some info )

Last edited by a moderator:
Caniac

Caniac

Thanks everyone. Still not sure what it is...(I think leafhoppers!!!) Gonna let it go and see what happens....most bugs jump on the plants and then jump off with no major damage....hope this works out the same way

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like it could be powdery mildew to me but not 100% sure. I have been fortunate enough not to have to deal with it. Does it run off? I would remove the affected leaves just as a precaution the plant will be fine without them.

Sulfur is from what I have seen a good treatment option in veg but hopefully someone with experience using it chimes in on that.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Let's microscope the white and see if there are any living things in it like spider mites. You try washing it off or wiping it off?

Caniac

Caniac

I've been wiping it off it doesnt seem to be affecting the growth in any major way...I dont think its spider mites but it could be I've seen nothing under the scope. Leaning towards mildew but again I've got great airflow. Just hoping it doesnt get worse...dont wanna spray with pesticides either. Thanks again for all the great brainstorming

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like it could be powdery mildew to me but not 100% sure. I have been fortunate enough not to have to deal with it. Does it run off? I would remove the affected leaves just as a precaution the plant will be fine without them.

Sulfur is from what I have seen a good treatment option in veg but hopefully someone with experience using it chimes in on that.
Should say rub off.... Dam auto correct

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been wiping it off it doesnt seem to be affecting the growth in any major way...I dont think its spider mites but it could be I've seen nothing under the scope. Leaning towards mildew but again I've got great airflow. Just hoping it doesnt get worse...dont wanna spray with pesticides either. Thanks again for all the great brainstorming

Yeah it's not mites but I would remove the affected leaves as a precaution. Like I say I can't say it's 100% pm but removing a few leaves will not hurt the plant and hopefully rid you of the problem

Top Bottom