Is this powdery mildew or something else?

• Thread starter Caniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caniac

Caniac

Thanks aqua....I've removed the leaves....if it is pm. I've heard 9 parts water to 1 part milk in a foilar spray what do you think?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks aqua....I've removed the leaves....if it is pm. I've heard 9 parts water to 1 part milk in a foilar spray what do you think?
I have heard it works also but if it were me in veg I would go with sulfer foliar. But I would wait for someone to chime in. Like I say I have never dealt with it but maybe some of these folks can help give you a better Idea @MIMedGrower @Burned Haze @oldskol4evr @Jimster @Dirtbag @PlumberSoCal. There are several more I'm sure have the right advice and even in this thread.

Like I say not 100% sure it is powdery mildew but better safe than sorry.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ive had PM a few times and that is 100% not PM. Looks like either hard water residue or some other shit got on your leaves somehow.

Regardless, milk has nothing on sulphur for controlling PM. Sulphur is death to PM spores. Regalia is another pesticide showing good results with PM prevention.

Caniac

Caniac

Thanks for the reply dirtbag your a grizzled vet respect your opinion...i cant figure it out I'm completely lost gonna let it go and see what happens...just wanted to be ahead of the game. Where would I get hard water residue? Filling jugs at around ph of 8.0 giving some ph down till around 6.5 7.5 organic soil with buffer. Have been seeing this for about 4cweeks but in very small dosages

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol grizzled vet.. I'm not sure about that but appreciate the compliment. The best theory honestly is bird shit, it especially looks like that in the second pic. Is there a tree or anything above it?

I'd just wash it off with a spray bottle of compost tea or sulphur if you want to be safe that it doesnt cause a fungal infection. Or just remove it like you did.

Also doesnt look like leafhopper damage to me really. I'm fighting this bouncy pricks right now. They're actually kind of fun to mess with because you can tell they see you and walk around the stem to hide.. lol

Caniac

Caniac

It ain't bird shit. I'll keep an eye on it and bump the thread if it gets worse. Thanks for all the advice everyone greatly appreciated.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is pm
I'll ... bump the thread if it gets worse. Thanks for all the advice everyone greatly appreciated.
If it's p.m. it will get worse, and quickly

I just saw this exact same type thread on grasscity, first they said is this p.m.? then someone said bird poop, and then they said spider mites yata yata yata; exactly what's going on here!

Can you get a better close up of some of that white stuff, I think it will help!

This is pm
Screenshot 20190831 025253 Google
Screenshot 20190831 025404 Google
Screenshot 20190831 025232 Google

Latest posts

Top Bottom