Is this Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter matamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
matamus

matamus

I am assuming this is, not quite sure, this is only showing up on the plants that are in veg room, scoured the flowering girls and saw nadda on them so far. I hear Greencrue is suppose to be da bomb.

Powdery mildew 003jpg
Powdery mildew 004jpg
Powdery mildew 008jpg
Venom818

Venom818

O yeah bro its pm green cure is only a temp fix bro u need to find a cure that will get rid of it for sure do a search on pm u will find some good info.

matamus

matamus

so shall I toss all of them that have it, I have already cut off the parts that had signs and tossed them. I have been reading found an abstract about using mono-potassium phosphate as a foilar spray could this be considered a systemic cure for PM

also thinking of getting some UV-C lights they are supposedly the germicidal UV light

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Sm90, DM Zone and Penetrator, Canadian Xpress PMT are all good preventative and controlling treatments.

There is essentially NO systemic PM killer that works with Cannabis. I have researched loads on this as I recently had it.

Firstly, dispose of all plants in the room. It is likely that ALL your plants will now have PM.

Then strip the room, clean everything and rebuild. Burn a sulphur candle . Also address your ventilation and air movement. Lack of good airmovement and recirculating air is a big cause as is wet conditions and massive temp differentials between night and day.

And from then on I would suggest a weekly spray with PMT and you should then be fine.

IMVHO, PM is about as bad as infestations get. Mites are an absolute doddle compared to PM.

B

been

I wouldn't throw away a girl because she gets PM. Is it really so dire? I've seen a lot of people post how the Sweet Pink Grapefruit is susceptible and I know some people cull it. I also know theres a bunch of folks who cherish her.

I think you can grow a plant to help itself. What Tehherb says about temp fluctuations seems a likely culprit. At least that's what I've experienced too. What temps were you guys reading when your girls went down? Were any of you using preventative sprays at the time or was that how you learned?

fractaLz

fractaLz

I can't stand PM, I would agree with herbalizor that mites are easier to deal with from my experience.

The number one thing is to make sure your environment is as hostile to those spores as possible. Dehumidifier, sulphur burner, greencure, and make sure ventilation and airflow are on full-tilt. If you have some money, grab a nice HEPA filter and throw that in there too.

Venom818

Venom818

If u really love your plants and dont want to get rid of them here's what i bought on advice from keyplay dude know's his stuff and i havent seem pm since i bought this stuff

I Feel your pain, brother. You are really too late in the game to alleviate your PM problem completely without screwing up your flowers. PM is systemic, so its in the plant. It might have been there before you flipped.

Banner Maxx is a excellent source for prevention and irradication:

Do a run off in your 2nd or 3rd week in flower using 1/2 tsp per gallon. This will kill the bad pathogens in your plant and you will not have any problems throughout the rest of your cycle. Use protective gear!.

Try Quantum Growth for excellent results:

I mix 15 ml of Quantum Growth with the Banner Maxx and a drop of dishwashing detergent. Killer results! Microorganisms to the rescue as a back up.

matamus

matamus

Loaded the arsenal

So because I hate this shit and do not like dealing with any sort of fungus or insect infestation at all I got banner maxx, and quantum growth, greencure, a UVC light to hang in there, Also got some neem seed meal to amend into my soil mix, i hear it has a good npk value as well as immunity boosting agents. None of this PM has been found on any flowering plants yet we are only at day 23 max flowering. I think i pick this up from clone I got, all the plants I had started from seed are untouched.

matamus

matamus

thanks for all the info, venom818. went and looked at the flowering plants and found a few spots that had PM. this shit is not fun, bought another dehumidifier for the veg room and raise temps to 80 f and rh to 30%, we will beat this as soon as warm weather come the rooms will get a good ol fashion fogging and cleaning. SO banner maxx is to only be used on vegetative plants, no flowering plants, so fo the flowering plants should I just use greencure till harvest and spot treat.

Venom818

Venom818

thanks for all the info, venom818. went and looked at the flowering plants and found a few spots that had PM. this shit is not fun, bought another dehumidifier for the veg room and raise temps to 80 f and rh to 30%, we will beat this as soon as warm weather come the rooms will get a good ol fashion fogging and cleaning. SO banner maxx is to only be used on vegetative plants, no flowering plants, so fo the flowering plants should I just use greencure till harvest and spot treat.

YUP, but next run u wont even have that problem if u hit them in veg with the banner max and the quantum growth I did 2 applications with banner max and quantum growth and 1 with green cure and quantum growth and as of know i have no PM.
Head up greencure does burn the pistils but doesnt effect the plant one bit.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Sm90, DM Zone and Penetrator, Canadian Xpress PMT are all good preventative and controlling treatments.

There is essentially NO systemic PM killer that works with Cannabis. I have researched loads on this as I recently had it.

Firstly, dispose of all plants in the room. It is likely that ALL your plants will now have PM.

Then strip the room, clean everything and rebuild. Burn a sulphur candle . Also address your ventilation and air movement. Lack of good airmovement and recirculating air is a big cause as is wet conditions and massive temp differentials between night and day.

And from then on I would suggest a weekly spray with PMT and you should then be fine.

IMVHO, PM is about as bad as infestations get. Mites are an absolute doddle compared to PM.

My buddy does tissue culture. He soaks the plant matter in a 7% Bleach solution and supposedly it permeates the cell walls and systemically kills pm and any other viruses or diseases the plant may have. Regardless of that method, there are techniques in tissue culture that can remove systemic pathogens.

matamus

matamus

My buddy does tissue culture. He soaks the plant matter in a 7% Bleach solution and supposedly it permeates the cell walls and systemically kills pm and any other viruses or diseases the plant may have. Regardless of that method, there are techniques in tissue culture that can remove systemic pathogens.

I would really like to learn tissue cultures, such an easy way to store genetics lots of them, but cleanliness is an absolute must for TC's. thanks for all the help folks, will be trying all of these new cure as soon as the get here I will post my results, for the time being to stop the spread of spores I have sprayed all veg plants with 3\4 tsp. baking soda(sodium Bicarbonate) in 32 oz. water.

matamus

matamus

would it be possible to rid yourself of PM by changing your environmental conditions, once I saw PM I lowered the rh and raised the temp. and I cannot find a trace of it anywhere now that I have done this?

C

CAPO

yes!...and the fact that you changed the ph of the leaves.

Beware the hyphae, or imbedded spores will keep trying to reproduce every 2-3 days, until spent. Like any disease or infection, your results in controlling it depend highly upon early detection and vigilance in treating.
good luck!!

D

dmc65

I'm hoping you guys will chime in on this scenario: first time indoors and sure as shit got the PM. plants are in veg but just moved into 5 gallon pots. they're big and getting bigger. i should be taking clones and throwing into flower. Is it early enough to treat with a systemic that can wipe it out? if so how long would i have to wait before taking clones and starting flower to be safe with the chemicals etc? Or should i just spot treat with Greencure? Thanks for any advice

og dmc

og dmc

you should be able to just spray it down with green cure or a sulfur bases spray. Most important thing is to change what ever it is about your current environment thats allowing mold to take hold before u flower anything in there. You may need to increase circulation, or decrease humidity. Neem is a good barrier that can be used into the early weeks of flowering. cool name BTW

D

dmc65

One DMC helping out another. very cool. what are you r thoughts on extending the veg a little so i can use Banner Max to get rid of it altogether rather than the temporary fix of the greencure?
and youre right about the conditions being the culprit. this was self inflicted because i had too many plants in my temporary set up and lagged of finishing my grow room. now i'm back in the same situation with my plants out growing the veg room but i do have an exhaust and two fans. temps are 68-71, rh mid 50's

matamus

matamus

One DMC helping out another. very cool. what are you r thoughts on extending the veg a little so i can use Banner Max to get rid of it altogether rather than the temporary fix of the greencure?
and youre right about the conditions being the culprit. this was self inflicted because i had too many plants in my temporary set up and lagged of finishing my grow room. now i'm back in the same situation with my plants out growing the veg room but i do have an exhaust and two fans. temps are 68-71, rh mid 50's

I ordered banner maxx but after i have tweeked my temps and rh i have seen no sight of PM, give that a whirl. worth a try if it can easily be done. try and up the temps closer to 78-80 and rh down to 35-40%

Top Bottom