is this powdery white mildew

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

temps have been 64 to 77f and humidity no higher than 60 (except on a couple occasions when i forgot the humidifier on high)
plenty of air flow
i've just set humidity to 45
1st pic is a shot of the leaf
2nd is under usb camera and third is after i just blew the leaf off.
when i applied vermicast awhile ago i didn't shut the fans off and it blew everywhere (lesson learned)
so i'm hoping it was just that.
i'm 5 weeks into flower on a supposed 9 week strain.
super OG kush is resistant to mould and pests apparently.
should i be concerned?
thanks once again guys

Is this powdery white mildew
Is this powdery white mildew 2
Is this powdery white mildew 3
Is this powdery white mildew 4
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Does not look like PM to me, explain the vermicast situation. I had to look it up, is it powdered worm castings or more like dirt? Got everywhere?

Pic of the whole plant?

D

dean1963

Does not look like PM to me, explain the vermicast situation. I had to look it up, is it powdered worm castings or more like dirt? Got everywhere?

Pic of the whole plant?
yes it's powdered worm castings
it is an extremely fine soil amendment that made a dust cloud when i added it because i'm stupid and didn't shut fans off first.

20221022 100026 HDR
20221022 100112 HDR
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think that is the most likely culprit - I don't think that is PM but obviously watch it. Maybe clean the leaves a bit and see if it comes back? I doubt it will.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Dean , do you have some of the worm castings that you can dust around a clean leaf ? that way you can compare and have a better idea

dire wolf

dire wolf

Looks like wpm to me especially on the lower leaf on the right hand side of your last pics , looks like " blotches" of wpm

D

dean1963

we’re you around anyones outdoor plants?
i wasn't but a friend has pwm and mould on his outdoor plants.
we work on the same jobsite and he comes over to bullshit alot. could i have brought it home on my clothes?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you look at google images for this it presents in many different ways. This could be PM but you got ideas up there and questions ^^^ Like got any more of the worm castings?

dire wolf

dire wolf

If you look at google images for this it presents in many different ways. This could be PM but you got ideas up there and questions ^^^ Like got any more of the worm castings?
Hey Moe , yea its just that i cleaned out a room of PM a few weeks ago , so the group pic of the plants that dean posted , if you look at the smaller plant on the right you can see that it looks like PM in " little clouds" unlike a random " dusting "

D

dean1963

I'm out of vermicast so can't test it.
Gaia green is also extremely fine and even though I mix it into the top of the soil I'm sure it blows around also.
They way it just blows off the leaves I'm leaning towards just being dust.
Those other spots you're seeing are from when I sprayed mosquito dunks for trips and I stained the leaves.
I'll keep checking and use milk it anything changes.
Thanks guys,I'm still learning this

S

Suckitandsee

I am also struggling to know if I can use these harvested plants.
They grew outside in Amsterdam - brought them in when the rains started.

I definitely spotted some WPM during harvest (didn't know about H202 washing at that point). I cut those bits out when I found them.

The plants have been drying for over a week and I'm about to remove the buds and put them in humidity jars.

I'm trying to see if there is still WPM present - please have a look at the photos and let me know what you think.

I know they're not the densest buds in the world! :)

Wedding Cheescake III   small
Wedding Cheescake II   small
Wedding Cheescake I   small
Wedding Cheescake   small
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I am also struggling to know if I can use these harvested plants.
They grew outside in Amsterdam - brought them in when the rains started.

I definitely spotted some WPM during harvest (didn't know about H202 washing at that point). I cut those bits out when I found them.

The plants have been drying for over a week and I'm about to remove the buds and put them in humidity jars.

I'm trying to see if there is still WPM present - please have a look at the photos and let me know what you think.

I know they're not the densest buds in the world! :)
probably is mildew there..
always bud wash outdoor plants..
i would not bring anything indoor that hasn’t been washed..
and after that i’d only make hash oil or bubble hash..

Top Bottom