Is this root rot or underwatered , not sure why it's drooping & stuck on pause

• Thread starter simonkay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

So I got these peach dosidos- 3 gal soil pots with light amendments & Synthganic feed i.e. grow n bloom with N + K amendments. I have been feeding them quite heavy so far.

(First 2pics)Successful transplanted Jan 22 & were praying within hours (800ml per pot) I used Jorge Curventes method of fully saturating media in 2 parts. kept them in veg tent lights down 3 days for that week in anticipation of the flip. Unfortunately same week weather got a lil cold at night & they slowed right down on drinking.

Jan 27th plants show signs of drooping, gave 500 ml feed but backed off 20% strength as I saw earlier N toxicity
(3rd pic jan28)
Jan 29th the 4 plants were light so gave 200ml water the other 2 remained heavy & drooping from before so no water
Jan 31st - 2 plants still drooping pots heavy RH near 70% I put lights up to combat cold weather, fed all plants 250 ml.
Feb 1st room remains near 70RH low vpd, pots heavy
Feb 3rd RH60 temps 21-28 since lights on 90% (normally on 70%) plants look over watered, soil humid, leaf bloated. Feb 4th Can only think low vpd caused this (0.8)
Put lights 3"closer to help dry back.
Feb 5th. Pots feel lighter bottom leaves show K Def. Put lights 10% stronger thinking the cold nights made it drink slow.
Feb 6th. Look better tops praying on 4 out of 6, but some of the bottom fan leaves look heavy and drooping. Flip into flower room today to help with humidity & dry back.
(4+5th pick on 7+8th Feb)
Plants slowly improve over the next 8 days except the 2 runtz that continue to droop . Not necessarily getting worse or better just sort of on airplane mode.
Wed 14th feed nutes 500ml each except 2 sad droppers.
Thu 15th the 4 plants with feed look better so I give 2sad plants same but 400ml. No change since. Not improving but neither getting worse.

Last pic taken 18th feb

Can anybody clarify what on earth is going on.

Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 2
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 3
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 4
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 5
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 6
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 7
Is this root rot or underwatered  not sure why its drooping  stuck on pause 8
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The very last pic the soil and plant look very dry. This is just my inexperienced observation, I could be completely wrong. Someone with more experience will chime for sure!

P

Putthataway

The pot looks really dry and hard like clay. Looks thirsty. You should try and poke some holes in the soil to loosen it up. Also get all the dead leaves out of there. Recipe for disaster.

jdog22

jdog22

if it dont pop back up after 30mins of giving it some water i would lean toward too many nutes, i see all sorts of problems, no judgemnet though just want to help

see the white tips of the leafs, i had that and it was the lights being abit to close and man it gets bad if you dont fix it. also lights damage can cause deficiencies to worsen.

the leafs on your plants they really dark green thats a clear indication of Nitrogen overdose.

you have new growth with dark and light green in it, which could be Nitrogen stablizing or if it isnt that than you would have a zinc deficiency.

to correct this i would pull up the lights a little use less nutes and more water. also check the ph of the water to make sure lockouts arnt occuring.

simonkay

simonkay

Sorry I shouldve mentioned most the watering is bottom fed so the top is usually dry except for when I transplant.
The soil is quite loose and the pots are fabric so I dont expect it to have aeration issues. Every time I've fed it so far - This time Top feed in hopes of hitting roots nothing has happened.
The last pic where it's shriveled the leaves are not crispy how you would expect from dry plants but soft maybe even moist.

From what I can conclude after speaking to some growmies on twitter I believe I burnt the roots with high feed as the much bigger sisters have had the same volume of water if not less and they are praying well. That would explain the dark green foliage and shrivelled but humid leaves I guess the root zone can't handle the vpd of it's all burnt.

It's not conclusive but makes the most sense as extra water has had no impact.

simonkay

simonkay

if it dont pop back up after 30mins of giving it some water i would lean toward too many nutes, i see all sorts of problems, no judgemnet though just want to help

see the white tips of the leafs, i had that and it was the lights being abit to close and man it gets bad if you dont fix it. also lights damage can cause deficiencies to worsen.

the leafs on your plants they really dark green thats a clear indication of Nitrogen overdose.

you have new growth with dark and light green in it, which could be Nitrogen stablizing or if it isnt that than you would have a zinc deficiency.

to correct this i would pull up the lights a little use less nutes and more water. also check the ph of the water to make sure lockouts arnt occuring.
Think your spot on there mate, watering didnt help and the others have not grown. Double with lighter green foliage. I guess this couldn't handle the feed and damaged the root zone . This was taken on 21st Feb. I've taken a cutting to make a clone from it but I dug some soil out and try to slowly water on top and it made zero difference and this is after the pot eventually got lighter like the others. I hear K toxicity can burn roots and I gave it a big dose before the flip.
I'm not blaming F1 seeds but 3 of them look lovely and the other 3 just couldn't handle the military regime I inflicted on their poor souls

IMG 20240221 182158
IMG 20240224 152115
simonkay

simonkay

Thank you to everyone who got back to me and sorry for the late response, I had a lot of shit to deal with this week outside the garden and let's just say I'm glad to be back in happy place, learning from my mistakes 🙏🏽👍🏽

Top Bottom