Is This Rot/mold?!?!?

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackwhite

jackwhite

I just noticed these next to my bud. I have 3 uvb lights for a total of 5.4% uvb and two 600watt hps lights in my 5x5 grow tent.

the power went out yesterday night and i did not know until yesterday morning. the temp was 60 and humidity 78%. i fig it was for atleast 6-7hrs i got the power back on and got it to 70degs and 36 % humidity. im not sure if that would cause mold to start. ive never seen the leaves like that b4 i have 4 clip on fans moving air around but since i had no power they were off.

is this rot/mold or just burnt from the uvb radiation?

Is this rotmold
Is this rotmold 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thats powder mildew in my pic. Then bud rot will actually happen internally first.... you will be able to easily pull leaves out of a bud because the inside has turned to a brown mushy mess. This in your picture looks like a fried leaf and that doesnt happen from ultraviolet. .. it happens from tox/def.... likely your ph has dropped due to flower nutes

Screenshot 2016 01 16 08 03 02
jackwhite

jackwhite

okay good i rather have nute burn than mildew! I just started my flush today so I should be good! thanks guys its my first grow so I wasn't sure and having the power go out and seeing 78% humidity at the endof my grow has had me worried! thanks for the feed back I really wasnt sure

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
okay good i rather have nute burn than mildew! I just started my flush today so I should be good! thanks guys its my first grow so I wasn't sure and having the power go out and seeing 78% humidity at the endof my grow has had me worried! thanks for the feed back I really wasnt sure
Yea you will be Aight Holmes

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Something to keep in mind when trying to Dx something like mold or rot--it destroys cell walls, so anything so infected tends to just fall apart in your hands. If the leaves seem to have no strength or structure to them, then indeed, I would suspect something causing rot.

In a gross aside, this is also true of fish with fungal *and* bacterial infections. Their bodies just don't hold together.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
i was scared of losing my girls..
That shot looks perfectly fine... when pm starts it will look like millions of fine spider webs in this shot. The hairs on the pistils are just an attempt to catch pollen for sexy time.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
:D
thnks man. whats tric waves? i think its the uvb. all the buds near the uvb bulbs are shining with joy;)
Ooops ....I think many call them trich rails....its the raised edges of your leaves covered in trichs..... ya uvb(320-280 nanometers) is the one thing i have found to work better than any air conditioning/ nutes/ additive.... better light just works.

Top Bottom