Is this (sadly) a male pre-flower? In denial

• Thread starter stickyickyy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyickyy

stickyickyy

Hi fam,
I purchased feminized seeds (Gorilla zkittlez - Barney's) from seedsman.com, and sadly I am 7 days into 12/12 and this is looking male. I am in denial primarily because the seeds claimed to be feminized. Can any experienced growers out there confirm 100%, or, has anyone ever had a pistil sprout late from such a suspicious looking preflower? Please help as I have a female strain from another breeder in the same tent.

Is this sadly a male pre flower in denial
Is this sadly a male pre flower in denial 2
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Looks like a male or herm but I'm not the most experienced eye. I'd check it day and night until you know for sure, but looks like male pre flower.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks weird. Cant tell the sex from those pics, it just looks like a tiny clump of foliage at the nodes. Like RT mentioned, looks fimmed or somethimg. Id give it a while before worrying.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Check the higher flower nodes, thats where you'll see a lot of males pods popping up if there are any.

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Hi fam,
I purchased feminized seeds (Gorilla zkittlez - Barney's) from seedsman.com, and sadly I am 7 days into 12/12 and this is looking male. I am in denial primarily because the seeds claimed to be feminized. Can any experienced growers out there confirm 100%, or, has anyone ever had a pistil sprout late from such a suspicious looking preflower? Please help as I have a female strain from another breeder in the same tent.
Even if the seeds are feminized they still have some chance of hermaphrodizing. The reason is because the way they get feminized seeds is they usually breed the female with a hermaphrodite plant... This makes the seeds "feminized" cuz the "mom" is full female and the "dad" is a hermaphrodite, but there's still male DNA in them, so there's always a chance of a hermie... That's what I got from all the research I've done anyways...

I would take it out of the tent so it doesn't accidentally pollinate anything but you can still get bud off of it & if there's not many naners you can cut them off & have a good chance of it not pollinating itself if you keep an eye on it...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Even if the seeds are feminized they still have some chance of hermaphrodizing. The reason is because the way they get feminized seeds is they usually breed the female with a hermaphrodite plant... This makes the seeds "feminized" cuz the "mom" is full female and the "dad" is a hermaphrodite, but there's still male DNA in them, so there's always a chance of a hermie... That's what I got from all the research I've done anyways...

I would take it out of the tent so it doesn't accidentally pollinate anything but you can still get bud off of it & if there's not many naners you can cut them off & have a good chance of it not pollinating itself if you keep an eye on it...

no this info is not correct.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

They usually force a female to produce male flowers, and the "male" contains no male DNA to pass onto the female. Usually in fem seeds done properly there should be no male genetics. Tgats not to say it cant herm and make male flowers, but again those "male" flowers wont contain any true male genetics.

stickyickyy

stickyickyy

Looks weird. Cant tell the sex from those pics, it just looks like a tiny clump of foliage at the nodes. Like RT mentioned, looks fimmed or somethimg. Id give it a while before worrying.
I thought the same thing, this is just mysterious. The plant was showing some deformations in the first two weeks from seed with twisted leaves, wonky genetics. I haven't fimmed or clipped anything, these are untouched preflowers from some of the top nodes. I'm still going to imagine that these will eventually produce pollen sacks given that 10 days into 12/12 and there isn't a single pistil in sight, but I just wanted to reach out to see if any more experienced growers have come across something similar.

stickyickyy

stickyickyy

Update: The plant is now showing pistils. Possible herm, or maybe not even? This is a very odd case and I will continue to update for the sake of the someone coming across this in the future, or more insight from experienced growers who have had oddities as such.

20210130 122004
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Final update - plant is 100% female, no signs of even being hermaphrodite.
Hey I have a Fem Plant from seed showing this exact type looking mystery? Anyone else have any ideas. I really really hope it is a Full Female plant. These clusters of micro leaflets do resemble a Male more than a female since they are not Pistils. The breeder stands by this Fem line strain being fully stable with no reports of hermaphroditism in this line? I have not shocked to my knowledge the environment in any way... I will update with a Picture -- and there are plenty of actually female flowers showing...

IMG 0922
Last edited:
Top Bottom