Is this seedling blooming and if so can we fix it?

• Thread starter KatherineMcH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KatherineMcH

I am turning off the grolights for 0-8h a day but one day got distracted and left them off just shy of 12h. But the plants were not in total dark as they are near a window. Maybe 10h dark at most. So it shouldn't have triggered flowering... but it seems it did.
Or do some strains get a little hairy early in life and it doesn't matter? This is a Moby Dick by the way.
If it has flowered early, is there anything I can do to get it back into growth phase?
Thanks.
Is this seedling blooming and if so can we fix it

K

KatherineMcH

If it’s an auto flower as I suspect it most likely is nope. You ain’t revegging that.
Awww crud!
As for avoiding the same problem in future, could you tell me the max hours of having the light off that would prevent this? I thought 12 was the limit but as I said, I never hit 12. Could it be that I was using an irregular schedule? Like maybe the plant "thought" the days were getting shorter if it got 4h of dark one day, 6 the next, 8 the next.
I know, I need to buy a timer.
But I also wanna figure out exactly what I did wrong here.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Awww crud!
As for avoiding the same problem in future, could you tell me the max hours of having the light off that would prevent this? I thought 12 was the limit but as I said, I never hit 12. Could it be that I was using an irregular schedule? Like maybe the plant "thought" the days were getting shorter if it got 4h of dark one day, 6 the next, 8 the next.
You can’t prevent it in a autoflower. They are on their own timeline. Photo’s are typically ran in 18hrs of light a day for their vegetative stage when grown indoors. When you are ready to induce flowering you set their light cycle to 12hrs of light and 12hrs total darkness.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Awww crud!
You really should get a timer. That is way to much work without a timer. They are like $8 on Amazon.

TSD

TSD

You need to have 18 hours of light and 6 of total darkness for a photo in veg or an auto throughout it's life. Can't be willy nilly with lights or the plants get confused. Timers are inexpensive.

K

KatherineMcH

You need to have 18 hours of light and 6 of total darkness for a photo in veg or an auto throughout it's life. Can't be willy nilly with lights or the plants get confused. Timers are inexpensive.
wait TOTAL darkness? I effed that up too I bet- there is a nightlight in the vicinity. Closet next try.

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom