Is this something i should try to prevent from happening?

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

So this always happens whenever my plants stretch and rub into the trellis on the way up or if I handle them too roughly while defoliating. Is this impacting the plant long term in the way of less trichome production or anything else significant?

Is this something i should try to prevent from happening
Trixie

Trixie

Its best not to touch any part of the flowers. The more the plant is untouched the finer the weed in the End. When I handle or rub against the plants they will put off a smell from the broken trichomes. Can't smoke broken resin glands, its a loss. Untouched buds are the best.

Anthem

Anthem

So this always happens whenever my plants stretch and rub into the trellis on the way up or if I handle them too roughly while defoliating. Is this impacting the plant long term in the way of less trichome production or anything else significant?
At some point there becomes a point where you have to either do A or B. Sure it is best to not touch the plant but with your setup it is how do I support the colas long term and not touch the plant. About the only thing you can do is try to time netting installation with bud set and unfortunately bud set should be around day 11 of 12/12 with your setup and stretch is only about half way over typically. you are kind of facing having to do it at some point in flower. you can try and be proactive and lower or raise small areas of netting on a case by case situation but one way or another you are going to get some damage with your setup. You just cannot make a perfect setup with high plant count per light.

Anthem

Anthem

At some point there becomes a point where you have to either do A or B. Sure it is best to not touch the plant but with your setup it is how do I support the colas long term and not touch the plant. About the only thing you can do is try to time netting installation with bud set and unfortunately bud set should be around day 11 of 12/12 with your setup and stretch is only about half way over typically. you are kind of facing having to do it at some point in flower. you can try and be proactive and lower or raise small areas of netting on a case by case situation but one way or another you are going to get some damage with your setup. You just cannot make a perfect setup with high plant count per light.
One other thing. Is that the plastic netting or fabric? I would recommend the fabric. It does not trash the plant so much when the colas grow thru the netting

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Thank you for replies, ok so its pretty much exactly what i feared haha. I will be more careful when handling them, I always viewed it as "well shits gon happen anyways so fk it" lol. But I guess I can be more careful and minimize the amount of times it happens.

One other thing. Is that the plastic netting or fabric? I would recommend the fabric. It does not trash the plant so much when the colas grow thru the netting
Yea its plastic, I will def try a fabric one next run. Good to know, thank you.

Top Bottom