Is this sulphur deficiency? N.Lights wk4 flower

• Thread starter Anythingbutmyrealname
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Hi I'm in week 4 of flower and my n.lights is showing light coloured leaves that are tacoing with browning on the tips and edges and very low bud/trich production.

Would I be right in thinking this is sulphur deficiency? Grown in 30L bags with gh floramicro at max in soil mix w/high organic content.

As you will see I had a mite issue but have fixed since and I'm remaining vigilant..

Tent looks dark as hps off for photos.

Thanks, Anon.
Is this sulphur deficiency nlights wk4 flower
Is this sulphur deficiency nlights wk4 flower 2

HiDaze

HiDaze

Looks like a nitrogen overdose couple with a P lockout to me. Wait for others to chime in.
Try and knock out this list beforehand:
Light source and wattage:
Nute / Media supplements:
What was used for pest control:
Water measurements - Ph and PPM before and after nutes:
Have you conducted a slurry test to measure what is currently within your soil:
Temperature/humidity:
How much time has passed since discoloration began(particularly the tips of fan blades):

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Okay if so what do I do?

Light source and wattage: 600w dual spec hps
Nute / Media supplements: gh floramicro, premix veg compost with aged sheep manure (not sure of quantities to be honest)
What was used for pest control:rinse in shower then 10% alcohol foliar spray a few times.
Water measurements - Ph and PPM before and after nutes: I dont check such things.
Have you conducted a slurry test to measure what is currently within your soil: no
Temperature/humidity: 28celcius 54%
How much time has passed since discoloration began(particularly the tips of fan blades): 2-3 days maybe longer but couldn't see leaf colour due to hps..

fishbuds

fishbuds

28c/82f may be a bit hot for your stage of growth. how many inches above plants is lite? what is exact canopy temp?, soil temp(i use a $15 digital thermometer from target')? In a hot room with small pots, the roots can get wonky too. lower your temps if you can, lots of sawtoothing and tacoing on those tops. good growin, keep gowin' ;)

ps, run a dehumidifier at night, cuz if you are 55% ambient, that is gonna spike when lites go out. even getting down to 45 at night will be good enuff.

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Hey fishbuds thanks for the reply, light is about 12 inches above but is cooled by a fan and blown to extractor behind it. Would consider moving it up but other plants are happy, might give them a reshuffle. 28 is canopy temp, soil much cooler as sat directly on tiles. Grow is 18 degrees when I turn lights on in the morning.

Rh usually sits around 50 in the day but does get in to 60s in the morning, extractor runs 24/7. I'll see if my dehumidifier fits inside the grow tonight.

Nugg

Nugg

Looks like heat stress with overload of nutes.your comment about no idea of ppm.thats the main problem..its never max dose. humidity isn't really a problem..it is ,but not what you have..if you can't hold your hand at bud level, your light is to close,temp is little high,not out of control tho.your soil should pH it self..but at this point I'd check some run off,that the only way to know what's happening down there.

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Thanks nug, Okay I'll calm down on the nutes for a bit and see if that sorts it. I know I've been lazy with this grow, will check runoff and see in a bit. It's fine about 8 inches from light but I felt that was too close.

Homesteader yeah i think that's a lower bud site. I'm getting good penetration (lol) with this training and light combination I didnt lollipop much at all.

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Which bit are we talking about? I will, and I want to try another method of PM cause they do come back from time to time hence repeat spraying.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Just want to clarify...
The only fertilizer you're using is flora micro?

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

I'm using the flora micro trio to supplement supplemented soil

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

Yeah they had a feast, and yes I see it now. Have re ordered plants so is further from light now, will great with alcohol now good catch!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Mites are a bastard to get rid of, plus their damage doesn't show up for a while... by then they have damagd the leaves pretty badly. The canoed leaves might be from too much heat, or might be related to the mite damage. It sounds like you have it under control, though.

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

I know I haven't had them in a grow before, I need to sort some better pm. Can you just buy ladybugs from somewhere in boxes?

Thanks everyone, I'll try update in a few days 👌

HiDaze

HiDaze

I know I haven't had them in a grow before, I need to sort some better pm. Can you just buy ladybugs from somewhere in boxes?

Thanks everyone, I'll try update in a few days 👌
Most local garden supply stores have lady bugs and preying mantis available around spring time. My local shop has baggies of 2-400 lady bugs for 8 bucks. Usually release them 3 or 4 times a year in my outdoor garden.

Anythingbutmyrealname

Anythingbutmyrealname

I'll have a look but I usually struggle to find things here. If so that would be good as I grow outdoors here in summer.

Glad I joined this forum!

Top Bottom