Is this the start of flowering?

• Thread starter b8kd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
b8kd

b8kd

Hi Farm - Please take a look at the photo and let me know if this is the start of early flowering or just part of the veg process. What are the red little hairs? Thanks! B8KD

FAD14F2F-9200-46E6-B17C-C1F19BF218CE.jpeg

b8kd

b8kd

Yes it's flowering
Or pre flowering , what your light schedule ?
Outdoor. Bend, OR. Outdoor we’re currently at 14.5hrs of light but that includes dusk & dawn. Starting much earlier than I had planned. I hit them with a 1050 ppm feeding day before yesterday, higher than planned, but all eight of them hit about 1.5” of growth in 24 hrs. The tops are shooting up like crazy. But definite goodness cause my eight plants will hopefully finish up end of September or early October and it gets dicey in October with the weather. Thanks for the fast response. Y’all Farm members ROCK!!!! B8KD

Phaleg

Phaleg

I believe it is starting to flower as a female plant... those small barbs are normally white when they start, I see them darker, this is my only concern

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Yeah agreed... your pistils should be white not brown. Are you spraying your plants with something? If not I would worry that they got pollinated

mandoVol

mandoVol

Outdoor. Bend, OR. Outdoor we’re currently at 14.5hrs of light but that includes dusk & dawn. Starting much earlier than I had planned. I hit them with a 1050 ppm feeding day before yesterday, higher than planned, but all eight of them hit about 1.5” of growth in 24 hrs. The tops are shooting up like crazy. But definite goodness cause my eight plants will hopefully finish up end of September or early October and it gets dicey in October with the weather. Thanks for the fast response. Y’all Farm members ROCK!!!! B8KD
I’ve been a nervous wreck for all season because my two oldest we’re started in a tent and ran them at 18/6 until late May and started trying to sync them with Mother Nature. I got tired of hauling them in and out so I finally bit the bullet and put em out. I just took these when I saw your thread. I’m in Illinois.
AE679D73 02AB 46A1 B049 77505CF7989F
F2148376 BF1B 4D01 A2B9 5C4954547282

b8kd

b8kd

Yeah agreed... your pistils should be white not brown. Are you spraying your plants with something? If not I would worry that they got pollinated
Not concerned in the least and no I am not spraying my plants with anything. I have a friend that has a horticultural degree, three years commercial grow experience, and a whole lot of personal experience, that has been doing a little consulting on this grow for the last two months or so. I sent him the same pic last night and he agreed the plant is in pre-flower/flower. Today he dropped in to spend a couple hours looking at my plants and showing me how to prune in preparation for the start of flowering. We did two plants together and I'll finish the last six plants by myself. His take is that they look exactly how they are supposed to look right now. He was actually very impressed at how healthy they are looking. I was told some of the plants have red hairs like that and some have white. He said it's perfectly normal. Later dudes! b8kd

Top Bottom