Is This Tobacco Mosaic Virus Or Something Else? First Grow

• Thread starter Splifdubious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Splifdubious

Hello all this is my first grow. I got these girls as clones from a shop out near me. We are in the 2nd weeknof flower today 14 days total.The first 8 pics are from my one lucky charms clone. It was looking a little rough so i flushed it and the ppms came out at 980 something after the first one. The second one i did the ppms are down to 108-111 were my readings. It does not look any better. This is my first grow so im paranoid about everything. They are fed fox farm big bloom fox farm tiger bloom and botanicare cal mag. The lucky charms is in fox farm potting soil. Not sure what kind as i threw the bag away. They are fed the reccomended doses and get 1 gal each in there 5 gal buckets.I used cyco kleanse to flush both times. My other lucky charms clone showed these symptoms a few weeks ago i flushed it with kleanse and it got better. Not the second time tho. All of my plants ppm run off was about 108-115. I just watered them so i will feed them in a couple days. They get distilled water and are under a t5 6 bulb 4 ft fixture with 2 1 bulb fixtures total watts are like 430 something in the flower room.the seccond couple pics are my skywalker og they have been together sence day one so if one has it they all do. U will try to get better pic of my plants. If anyone has any idea what this could be please contact me. Thanks, nick

Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 2
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 3
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 4
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 5
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 6
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 7
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 8
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 9
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 10
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 11
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 12
Is this tobacco mosaic virus or something else first grow 13
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Looks like everything but mosaic virus...:( I see what maybe powdery mildew, total lock out in your medium, maybe cause by pythium or some other root desease.

S

Splifdubious

Any suggestions? Should i be doing something differently or not at all?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Definitely not a disease. To me it looks like you're overfeeding, and/or that VPD (vapor pressure deficit) is off.
They are fed fox farm big bloom fox farm tiger bloom and botanicare cal mag. The lucky charms is in fox farm potting soil.
Oof! In my opinion you have no need for the 'cal-mag' at all, unless you're using distilled or RO/RO/DI water. Drop it. Reduce the amount of Tiger Bloom you're using, and raise the pH just a bit, 6.2-6.8 range is what to shoot for in soil.

Fox Farms soils tend to run hot from what I've read.

S

Splifdubious

Definitely not a disease. To me it looks like you're overfeeding, and/or that VPD (vapor pressure deficit) is off.

Oof! In my opinion you have no need for the 'cal-mag' at all, unless you're using distilled or RO/RO/DI water. Drop it. Reduce the amount of Tiger Bloom you're using, and raise the pH just a bit, 6.2-6.8 range is what to shoot for in soil.

Thanks for the reply. I do use distilled water so should i keep the cal mag? Iv been feeding the recomended dose should i just use hlf of that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't use distilled, I would use filtered or combine the distilled 1:1 with tap. Distilled water is a solvent. Drop the Cal-Mag altogether for now, and double check those labels, IIRC at least the Big Bloom has Ca in it.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Sorry to bug u seamaiden, but u seem like u know u r shot. I'm first time grower trying to figure this one out. If u have minute check out pic. My only findings were tmv.

20170621 182430
Organikz

Organikz

Sorry to bug u seamaiden, but u seem like u know u r shot. I'm first time grower trying to figure this one out. If u have minute check out pic. My only findings were tmv.
You have a phosphorus lockout homey. Too much calmag as the maiden stated. TMV doesn't infect cannabis. Hemp/russet mites?

"The function of phosphorus in plants is very important. It helps a plant convert other nutrients into usable building blocks with which to grow. Phosphorus is one of the main three nutrients most commonly found in fertilizers and is the “P” in the NPK balance that is listed on fertilizers."

That's why we're seeing mag defficiency, phos, and potassium defficiency even though you're feeding cal/mag.

Calmag also has nitrates which aren't good with high calcium levels.

mulders-chart-e1465939603653-jpg.641415

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My fist thought every time I see the statement "first time grower" is overwatering caused root rot and the leaves are showing a deficiency because of it.

Organikz

Organikz

Can I start selling blumat jrs? I have 25 lol. Sorry about response. I need to pay better attention. I didn't realize you weren't the op sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom