Is this tobacco mosaic virus

• Thread starter Huntz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Huntz88

Hoping someone with experience can tell me if this is tobacco mosaic virus or perhaps something else.

My gut is telling me it’s probably TMV

Is this tobacco mosaic virus
Is this tobacco mosaic virus 2
Is this tobacco mosaic virus 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have never seen a documented case of TMV in cannabis. I believe @Dirtbag said he had a friend who has had it confirmed. Maybe he could help ya.

Looks like some veriegation. Maybe genetic? Definitely issues photosynthesizing. Idk

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

have you recently put compost in your soil?that looks like some compost i had few years back,bought some mushroom compost ,noticed the bottom of bag had some green stuff clumpy,said hel i already paid for it im use it,had spread in a area around 12 ft long by 5 ft wide,every thing that did grow had funky ass leaves with weird stuff like what you got,thats why im asking. only produced very few okra and the second row never vegged past 2 ft tall,all leaves had a virus

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It sure does look like mosaic virus.
@Huntz88 take a sample to a university around you and see if they will test it for ya.

I'm very skeptical that it would be. But anything is possible. Honestly anyone who may think so should do this.

B

Burned Haze

What are your temps at night ? ( under 10F ish from daytimes is not good , I realize being outdoors you have no control but you can at least control not puttting cold water in the roots ) I suspect your not intaking if your your amendments and if you are applying at night = shocks and makes the plant not intake while asleep, More humidity and bad pathogens want to populate . Solution = water in the morning or a few hours before sunrise to prevent that issues of cold water in the roots .

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Oftentimes those specimen's that are variegated will be very sensitive to fertilizers and hot soils from my own experience with this . Often this trait is very unlikely to manifest without stress even though it may surface in the occasional leaf. I have also noted that it seems to be much more predominantly detected in males then females again from my own experiences with this and especially the OG hybrids that it is very common in. Many well worked lines have that trait be it good or bad is really up to the viewer as it really is just aesthetics unless the plants are stressed like so.

Tobacco Mosiac infested plants don't fair well after the virus takes its course. I have never seen it in cannabis though and I have over a decades worth of experience with tobacco in comparison with 30+ years of experience growing cannabis.

Top Bottom