Is this too late to transplant?

• Thread starter Richudlen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Richudlen

Richudlen

Hi Friends,

I have had a few successful auto grows and planted a regular feminized seed to see the difference.

Well, this plant has grown way bigger than I expected and worried about the roots in such a small pot.

It is just starting to show pistols too.

Is this too late to transplant
I planted this on 3/19.

Am I going to be ok if I leave it in there or should I transplant it?

Thanks,
RL

strider26554

strider26554

I routinely transplant plants as large as that one, the key i have found is being as gentle as possible when removing the plant from the old pot, the one in the picture is ideal because the bottom os much smaller than the top, that taper can mean all the difference. i would not hesitate to repot that plant, now, if the plant is completely i n flower mode and has stopped bud growth i might not bother, but otherwise i would just go gently and try not to shock the plant any more than you have to. some of the pots i use have bottoms that come off, and i will just set the one pot onto another and let the roots grow down into the fresh soil. givng the roots fresh soil to feed off of is always a good thing.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are you going to transplant into cloth pots? IMO It looks like it could use more and longer direct sunlight

Richudlen

Richudlen

I was going to put it in a resin pot. I do have a 10 gallon cloth pot but wanted to go bigger.

What size cloth pot do you suggest? I can get them on Amazon by the weekend.

I do have to move the plant two times a day for the best sun so I probably should go with the cloth pots to be able to move it around.

Thanks!

E9noxis

E9noxis

I was going to put it in a resin pot. I do have a 10 gallon cloth pot but wanted to go bigger.

What size cloth pot do you suggest? I can get them on Amazon by the weekend.

I do have to move the plant two times a day for the best sun so I probably should go with the cloth pots to be able to move it around.

Thanks!
Get rollers for under it to help with the move.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Cloth is the way to go. As big as you can manage without winding up in the hospital or at the chiropractor. 20 is probably getting pretty heavy.Don’t know if they make 15s. Then you have the expense of more soil also. Fear not the transplant!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Chasing the sun around all day must be a real hassle! No place out in the yard that you can put it in full sun? I would consider pistols this early kind of ominous also. But that could be because of where you live or chasing the sun. Maybe you will have a nice long pre-flower.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

They make 15 gallon plastic pots. Just put down a good 6 inches of soil first then pot her up and water in well. Go for it!

Top Bottom