Is this TOO much light for a 2x4x5 tent?

• Thread starter Stopher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stopher

Stopher

Hello, happy Memorial Day. I have 2 Parfactworks ra2000 lights in a 2x4x5 tent. I just got a light meter and the lux is 48k at top of plant, which is 24” below the light. I also just got a watt meter and I’m pulling about 460 together and 230 for just 1. Are the 2 together too much?

Mohammed, and they’ve just started flowering

thanks
AF4A80F0-2F0B-4C22-8348-62F7815451B0.jpeg

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I am not an Led guy but I believe the accepted minimum Led watts per square foot here is 35w so, 2x4x35 equals 280watts minimum. That being the case, one of those lights is not adequate. If the plants are not suffering or bleaching, and the heat is not a problem, I would definitely use both of those lights.

Stopher

Stopher

I am not an Led guy but I believe the accepted minimum Led watts per square foot here is 35w so, 2x4x35 equals 280watts minimum. That being the case, one of those lights is not adequate. If the plants are not suffering or bleaching, and the heat is not a problem, I would definitely use both of those lights.
Thank you for the input. Heat is kinda an issue. I’m hitting about 79-80 and then about 55%. I bought a dehumidifier but I expect that will also cause the temp to increase a bit

Stopher

Stopher

Turns out heat IS an issue… getting up to 90 plus degrees so I yanked one light out and dropped the one down

JoryK

JoryK

Thank you for the input. Heat is kinda an issue. I’m hitting about 79-80 and then about 55%. I bought a dehumidifier but I expect that will also cause the temp to increase a bit
Not necessarily. It depends on the type of dehumidifier you bought; there are two main types, electrostatic, and pump driven.
The smaller ones they they have out these days for small areas like closets, bathrooms, and grow tents (for around 250sq/ft (lxwxh) max, depending on the model) are mostly all electrostatic and will not heat up your tent. Pump-driven dehumidifiers, on the other hand, always generate heat, and are mostly used in the older and larger type units.
...I know this all cause I just finished researching them for myself this afternoon, hahaha!!!
I ended up getting this smaller “smart” dehumidifier from Amazon where you can set your desired humidity level, and it’ll shut off once it’s reached it , and restart when it drops below 5% of your setting for $69.

karolanne

karolanne

Not necessarily. It depends on the type of dehumidifier you bought; there are two main types, electrostatic, and pump driven.
The smaller ones they they have out these days for small areas like closets, bathrooms, and grow tents (for around 250sq/ft (lxwxh) max, depending on the model) are mostly all electrostatic and will not heat up your tent. Pump-driven dehumidifiers, on the other hand, always generate heat, and are mostly used in the older and larger type units.
...I know this all cause I just finished researching them for myself this afternoon, hahaha!!!
I ended up getting this smaller “smart” dehumidifier from Amazon where you can set your desired humidity level, and it’ll shut off once it’s reached it , and restart when it drops below 5% of your setting for $69.
What is your setting for the humidity? And are we talking veg or flo? Thanks.

Stopher

Stopher

What is your setting for the humidity? And are we talking veg or flo? Thanks.
Well, I don’t really have a setting for humidity as I can’t control it… yet. I’m getting a dehumidifier today. I am just starting to flower, so my understanding is that early flower shouldn’t exceed 45% and I’m assuming I need to get it at, or preferably, below 40% come full on flower time.

I’m working with autos (for now) and have no real way of controlling temps except for a 6” AC Infinity raxial intake fan and a 4” AC Infinity T4 exhaust fan.

my understanding and experience so far is that when humidity gets lower, temps will rise.

Stopher

Stopher

Ok, so the dehumidifier (electrostatic) has brought the humidity down to 45%, but as I feared, as the humidity dropped, the heat rose… up to 85°. So my question is… what is worse high humidity or high heat?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

At 55% I wouldn't be stressing to much if airflow is ok. anyway to add more circulation fans in tent to help lower the humidity? Or if in a tent thats in a closed room dehumidify the space outside the tent. I recently had to do this with the season change

Stopher

Stopher

At 55% I wouldn't be stressing to much if airflow is ok. anyway to add more circulation fans in tent to help lower the humidity? Or if in a tent thats in a closed room dehumidify the space outside the tent. I recently had to do this with the season change
Thank you. I currently have a 6” intake fan, a 4” exhaust fan, 2 6” fans on the bottom blowing up, 2 6” fans blowing down and I tower fan strapped horizontally blowing down… so plenty of airflow. The temp is the real issue. I had to take 1 light out because the temps got to 90°

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Only things I can think off is either mount the drivers for the light outside the tent, or switch up your 6" and 4" fan to help pull more hot air out of there. (Short of buying an ac)

Top Bottom