Is Transplanting Always Needed?

• Thread starter Napata
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Napata

Napata

I was under the impression that you put your seedlings into smaller containers b4 transplanting into final pots. I knew this to be null and void with Auto's, seeing that it can stress the plant. Would that be true with all types of cannabis plants? Btw it does seem easier to control the water and light adjustment with smaller containers.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

When my girls come out of my clone dome they go into 20 oz cups with three holes on the bottom. the stay in those cups for over a month then I transplant into 1 gal pots. After another month into 2 gallon pots. I find it is more easy to handle and feed in smaller cups. I have never seen many signs of stress from replanting, they perk up after a day or so in the new container.

G

getgoodgenes

using larger pots you will water less often which means less oxygen for the roots and roots will not stretch for water when your soil dries out more frequently more oxygen is available to the roots making them prune the result will be much more root growth as roots seek water now if you're a serious gardener I would recommend you add some mycorrhizae when transplanting the fungi will attach to the root, colonize and bring water to roots also adding sugars like molasses (less is more) to water will feed fungi and other beneficial microbes keeping them happy and multiplying as well

Napata

Napata

I'm using FFSoil do you suggest adding the mycorrhizae to the seedling mix or to the transport pot?
using larger pots you will water less often which means less oxygen for the roots and roots will not stretch for water when your soil dries out more frequently more oxygen is available to the roots making them prune the result will be much more root growth as roots seek water now if you're a serious gardener I would recommend you add some mycorrhizae when transplanting the fungi will attach to the root, colonize and bring water to roots also adding sugars like molasses (less is more) to water will feed fungi and other beneficial microbes keeping them happy and multiplying as well

G

getgoodgenes

use start to finish just make sure you water with dechlorinated water

BudBogart

BudBogart

I was under the impression that you put your seedlings into smaller containers b4 transplanting into final pots. I knew this to be null and void with Auto's, seeing that it can stress the plant. Would that be true with all types of cannabis plants? Btw it does seem easier to control the water and light adjustment with smaller containers.

You understand correctly. A little trade off. Personally, I find transplanting at the right time the right way and plants don't feel a thing.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

nope,i plant straight into my final pot,thing is this with seeds,doesnt matter what they are in,when the root hits the bottom they start spreading,doing the step up to pots just make folk think there growing fast,but everytime you transplant they still got to hit bottom each time before they take off on ya,so its time wasted in my opinion,also m,ore chance of stressing the plant.
clones on the other hand dont have taproots,and they just spread all over the top and about the time you flip there might be some roots down there depending on your method to all the madness,i have done each way and prefer to just put in final pot,lmao im a lazy stoner though,beware of stoners there always happy,lmmfao

H

hawkman

Generally germinating in final" container is always beat - the less transplanting the better - because it takes about a week or so for the plant to start to grow again adding this to your grow in your total growing times

Quagmire

Quagmire

I find this statement regarding "do not transplant auto's" to not be so true.. for the past year and a half I've been growing auto flowering and have always transplanted them.. I start in 1gal pots or large solo cups until the plant shows sex.. as soon as I know it's a female worth keeping, they go into 3gl felt pots to flower out and within 2wks of transplant they have blown up massively.. I tried starting one on a 3gal pot that was fem'd and did not like the lack of watering control.

I do recommend transplanting one time if possible.. also, if you plan out the day your gonna do the up potting, water the night before so the soil is easier to deal with the next day.. I just find it stays together better..

Here is an auto I have going right now that was transplanted after 3wks in a 1gal pot to a 3gl pot.

TRANS SIBERIAN AUTO by Auto Seeds
Trans Siberian 2
TS2

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I find this statement regarding "do not transplant auto's" to not be so true.. for the past year and a half I've been growing auto flowering and have always transplanted them.. I start in 1gal pots or large solo cups until the plant shows sex.. as soon as I know it's a female worth keeping, they go into 3gl felt pots to flower out and within 2wks of transplant they have blown up massively.. I tried starting one on a 3gal pot that was fem'd and did not like the lack of watering control.

I do recommend transplanting one time if possible.. also, if you plan out the day your gonna do the up potting, water the night before so the soil is easier to deal with the next day.. I just find it stays together better..

Here is an auto I have going right now that was transplanted after 3wks in a 1gal pot to a 3gl pot.

View attachment 613757 View attachment 613758
I agree with everything said except I never water before I always let them dry out, before I replant they pop away from the pots better for me.

H

hawkman

View attachment 613757 View attachment 613758
Many say no transplanting, topping, clonning, ect - but one can do what ever - but some methods of growing may not give you the yields you want

Quagmire

Quagmire

Many say no transplanting, topping, clonning, ect - but one can do what ever - but some methods of growing may not give you the yields you want

Growing nothing but Autos' this past year and a half, I've experimented with lights, transplanting and watering techniques.. NO TOPPING at all but I have F.I.M. cut a few main colas to improve branching and reduce height.. I've had a few strains totally blow up by doing little light cycle tricks and transplanting from 1gal to 3gal right after females show sex.. I have to do things this way to reduce how much soil I use.. I have to start 16 plants to get the 6 - 8 ladies I need and that would be a lot of soil in 3gal pots x 16..

Right now I'm producing seeds to by doing what I call: Pre-flower pollination.. this way I don't lose to much of my buds to seed production, yet, I save a nice strain by hitting it with a male.. Sometimes making F1 seeds and sometimes crossing 2 strains like these Trans Siberian due to them being Feminized.. but with it having Serious Seeds White Russian in it, I had to save it.. so hit it with Sour Bubble Auto... NICE.

Here is my #2 and favorite Trans Siberian Auto Fem at around day 67 & in the 1gal pots I start them in
The big girl in the back is 5ft tall.. she's a bit more lanky then what I want so I've planted seeds of the one with the solid donkey dick main cola.. 2 more weeks these should really fatten up
too..

Trans Siberian twins
IMG 0052

IMG 0043

IMG 0041
IMG 0058

Top Bottom