Is ventilation needed.?

• Thread starter BudsAlive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Evening all, quick question, my 3 Royal Dwarf Autos are in week 2 of veg, I'm doing 20/4 with lighting T5 ,so my question is..... When lights are off should I turn off ventilation as well ?
I'm thinking no, but just checking.
My lovely ladies-in-waiting.

Is ventilation needed
Is ventilation needed 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It will depend on your humidity and temps when the lights go out the temp will drop and humidity will go up.

To be safe leave it on if you don't have the ability to check temps and humidity

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

It will depend on your humidity and temps when the lights go out the temp will drop and humidity will go up.

To be safe leave it on if you don't have the ability to check temps and humidity
I have just had to start using it, last couple of times the leaves had little droplets of water and humidity was like 82% so been running it the last 2days but keeping it off for the 4 hours light are off, as it allows the temp to drop 3-4°. From 77° to 75°. And they are still quite small.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have just had to start using it, last couple of times the leaves had little droplets of water and humidity was like 82% so been running it the last 2days but keeping it off for the 4 hours light are off, as it allows the temp to drop 3-4°. From 77° to 75°. And they are still quite small.
Droplets at the leaf edges?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water it recently? If you don't have good drainage, cooler temps and higher humidity very moist soil will increase root pressure and cause what's called guttation. You can look it up and see how it all works Lotsa info out there on it and I have to apologize that I'm to lazy to type it all out. Something you wanna try and fix.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

They were in small plastic pots as seedlings, all I had at the time, but now potted on to final pots and since then it has not happened.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were in small plastic pots as seedlings, all I had at the time, but now potted on to final pots and since then it has not happened.
👍👍👍 Well know you know what it was and If ya see it again why.

L

LeHerber

A consistent supply of fresh air is never a bad idea, but they do not process co2 in the dark so it’s more of a climate issue. My rooms always “breath”, light or dark. At least keep a fan moving the air if it’s not vented. The stoma on the surface of leaves need the air to move so they can operate and live

Top Bottom