Iso Bubble...lol

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I washed a couple buckets of larf and small buds and did the final strain though this 160 bag
(only never used clean bag I had)

anyway...I wonder what this will be like when it drys? o_O

Isobubble

Im boiling the iso oil right now..

Iso bubblelol 2

I will show more pics..if it comes out good...lol

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

i'm sure it'll be better then you think in ya did a quick wash ken, if not you got some full spectrum oil for oral intake. Take it easy

Dunge

Dunge

I like the idea of iso extraction as I can get 92% iso-propylene cheep and it is a bit less dangerous than some other solvents.
Did you use the "cold solvent & veg with a short soak" method?
I always look forward to reading caregiverken posts.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I dont know what that is
I like the idea of iso extraction as I can get 92% iso-propylene cheep and it is a bit less dangerous than some other solvents.
Did you use the "cold solvent & veg with a short soak" method?
I always look forward to reading caregiverken posts.

Thanks Man..very kind thing to say :)
I dont know what "cold solvent & veg with a short soak" method" Iso_O
I am new at this method..
I used 99% that i found online..I wish I could get the food grade stuff..
I pretty much am doing it like this short video..

I only soaked the weed for a few min.

Can I make Canna Butter with the weed when it drys?

i'm sure it'll be better then you think in ya did a quick wash ken, if not you got some full spectrum oil for oral intake. Take it easy

Good to see you posting Ohio :)
Yeah man..if its not clean enough..I will eat it.
Prevents cancer you know :)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

haha ya i've been real busy the past few weeks, i'm starting a few business ventures and got a buncha other stuff goin, so the farm family is goin to be on the backburner for a little while, I actaully got to talk to rick simpson several times via mobile phone, i got the contact through the guy that made the film^, ricks a real cool guy and hes very genuine in what he does. It doesn't just prevent cancer it cures alot of cancers as well, i make rick simpson oil and give it to people locally that have cancer......it works i'll say that much, but it doesn't work as good for certain cancers. anyways hope you 1st attempt at oil goes well, go to here from ya brotha ken.........Take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey Guys..(who ever might read this) I have a question o_OI had to stop the boiling prosses to run an errand. So I poured the stuff in the rice cooker back into the bucket with the rest of the Iso/oil.
I noticed there was sediment type stuff at the bottom of the rice bowl. I rinced it into the bucket.

Now im ready to start boiling again. Should I try to filter the alcohol again ?
I could pour it though a finer Bubble bag...and get some more of the sediment out...
What size screen should I filter it though??

I need opinions asap :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I tossed that stuff in the 1st post...it was powdery...and I didnt wanna fuck with it...lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
nevermind :confused:

There was a lots of sediment stuff in bottom of the bucket..
So I poured it though a 45 Bag ;)
45bag
Do I Toss what stays in the 45 screen?o_O

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
almost done;)

Oilinpot

^^In water in the crock pot
Even-though the Thermometer says 170..the iso is boiling off slowly :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im still boiling it :rolleyes:

What the heck do I do with this stuff that was caught in the 45 micron bag?
Isobubbleball

cannabeans

cannabeans

Hey Ken,
I have made Iso oil with hash before. I found using the Bubbble bags will leave sediment (waxes) behind(as they are intended to do) I have smoked it that way before. It was fine but slightly harsh. I think the best method to "clean" the oil is to use a coffee filter to remove the sediment. I just threw away the remaining "hash" when I was done because I think the Iso Alcohol remove what you are looing for. If you let that "hash" dry and it will resemble "keif". I have never tried to smoke that dry Keif before. Hope this helps.....

On a side note... I recently ate some oil that I made long time ago. I ate less than a miligram (a very small amount) at about 11 am. Went about my day thinking nothing was going to happen. At around 5:30 driving back from a bro's house, I thought to myself " wow Im really stoned". When I made it home a short time later, I told my wife that "I was super stoned" about a half hour later I was even higher....Then a few minutes after that I got so stoned that I felt something was wrong. Almost like the feeling when you take lsd and you are about to begin the journey. I had to explain to my wife how I was feeling. Truthfully, it was the WORST experience I have ever had with eating oil. I really fucked me up and I had to keep telling myself in my mind that "Its only THC and it will go away". It really opened my mind on how powerful this oil can be if you ingest too much.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey Ken,
I have made Iso oil with hash before. I found using the Bubbble bags will leave sediment (waxes) behind(as they are intended to do) I have smoked it that way before. It was fine but slightly harsh. I think the best method to "clean" the oil is to use a coffee filter to remove the sediment. I just threw away the remaining "hash" when I was done because I think the Iso Alcohol remove what you are looing for. If you let that "hash" dry and it will resemble "keif". I have never tried to smoke that dry Keif before. Hope this helps.....
Thanks Canna That does help...I didnt use coffe filter cause I had alot to pour.
I didnt relize the screen in that bag would leave wax :(

I dont plan on smoking much of this oil (but I will roll at least one oiler :)
but I Did want to see how clean I could get it.
I am going to try to make a Topical skin cream for my wife with some of it
and save some, in case we get Cancer in the family.:)
Weed grows on trees..and I have more Iso...So..I may have to try this again.

What about those all mesh bags? Will they leave wax?

I guess I could look for some Huge coffee filters
I need some thing I can pour a 5gal bucket though

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Haha ken, aaahhhh reminds me of the glory days when i was just learnin to make oil lol. Like canna said this oil can get potent as fuck, so be careful, i fucked up a whole grow from eatin too much oil thinkin i would be fine. Anyways i don't know if your done yet or not, but with iso and acetone oils; pretty much with all oils, you want to run the finished solvent-terpene-thc concoction through a double coffee filter before you begin to boil it off, also the brown coffee filters that are coned shaped seem to work much better and easier then the white regular ones, hope this helps man, if ya make a salve post it up i've always wanted to do that too.
Take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks again Canna :)

Haha ken, aaahhhh reminds me of the glory days when i was just learnin to make oil lol. Like canna said this oil can get potent as fuck, so be careful, i fucked up a whole grow from eatin too much oil thinkin i would be fine. Anyways i don't know if your done yet or not, but with iso and acetone oils; pretty much with all oils, you want to run the finished solvent-terpene-thc concoction through a double coffee filter before you begin to boil it off, also the brown coffee filters that are coned shaped seem to work much better and easier then the white regular ones, hope this helps man, if ya make a salve post it up i've always wanted to do that too.
Take it easy

Thanks I will be carefull :)

Yeah I relize now i shoulda went the coffee filter route..:confused:

But yeah...I wanna make Salve...I have no Idea how to do that though..o_O

I did buy come Coco butter and Shea butter online...lol
Now I just need a tutorial on how to make it ;)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

:D haha gimme till tommorow ken and i'll post a video of how to make it, it's really simple, plus it turns the women into straight sex fiends!!............either that or maybe that was the night i shot my wife with horse tranquilizer, hhhhmmmm......Either way it works great man!! ahaha
Take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Very cool thanks Ohio:) My wife says is ready to try that..
I told her rub it on like it is...lmao..

It finally stoped bubbling..so I think the iso is gone

This stuff smells so yummy!:)
It smells just like the honey oil i used to get in the late 70"s
Not as clear though...its for eating and topical
...but Im gonna be smoking some on a bowl here closer to bed time ..lol :D

Simpsonoil

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Haha hell ya, it's got a real nice colour, thats what they call a full spectrum oil, b/c of iso's polarity(just like acetone) those 2 solvents pull more of the cannabinoids out then the methods the kids are usin these days with the butane and even up to hexane, those only pull the thc out and in hexanes case thc and cbd and cbn, but leaves all the other goodness behind, so whenever i make eatin or topical oil i always use iso or acetone, but it's fine to smoke it'll just be a little harsh. anyways heres the video i had saved

I hope that helps, you can modify the recipe to include or exclude any of the thing they use or don't. Anyways take it easy lemme know how it turns out

Top Bottom