ISO Fireball!

• Thread starter SlimPickins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SlimPickins

So, I tried to make some oil yesterday with ISO...didn't come out as planed, It was my first time and I blew it literally! I ran 4cups of ISO to a half oz put it on the stove with the fan on, next to the stove is a window that was open also. It took a second to start to boil so I stepped away came back noticed it boiling(should have lowered it then)a couple of seconds later...Kaboom!!:mad0233:

Lucky no one was hurt and no damage to the house! Does anyone know the ignition temp on ISO? What gets me mad(besides almost blowing up)is I have a temp gun and didn't even use it, if I had used it the last time I checked it would have let me known what temperature it ignited at!!

L

Lost

When it starts to violently boil, shes ready to ignite... IME

H

hbstoner

Not sure about the temp.. but read here..

There is a thread on here somewhere about making it as well. Electric rice cooker seems to be a much safer way of doing it, especially since you can just put it outside while your doing it. Be carefull man! :rasta2:

D

Donk Frog

4cups(1litre) to a half oz...holy over kill...fuck man you could have used just enough iso to cover the leaf/buds plus a little extra more, shit you could have run way more weed...

C

CAPO

Sorry to hear that man. I believe the best way to stove cook it is to use the double boiler method. I think it was Texas Kid who said that electric stoves can ignite from the electrical connection of the burner. Think of alcohol as a fuel for fire not unlike gas. Would you boil gas on a stove?

Chemicals and solvents are very dangerous. Be wise and learned when attemping anything with either.

I personally have a handful of stories about people killing themselves trying to do a burn purge with a BHO tube.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Where did you get the idea to put this on the STOVE ??? Try following proper directions . But maybe you should have gotten the Darwin award. You were just stupid man ,, f ing stupid. I don't know where we find them. People if you are new to here, before you try and grow; before you try and flower; before you try and dry/ cure; and for gosh sakes try and make hash oil,,,,,, read and understand what people whome have sucessfully done any and all of the above have posted how it is done correctly and SAFELY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time also only about one half inch above bud for your solvent. STUPID you give us here at the farm a bad bad name.

D

DazedNconfussed

shit bro, at least your ok and didnt burn your house down....do a search, there are some great and very detailed threads on here showing how to create some high quality oil safley....

S

SlimPickins

Not sure about the temp.. but read here..

There is a thread on here somewhere about making it as well. Electric rice cooker seems to be a much safer way of doing it, especially since you can just put it outside while your doing it. Be carefull man! :rasta2:

Thanks for the info bro!

Sorry to hear that man. I believe the best way to stove cook it is to use the double boiler method. I think it was Texas Kid who said that electric stoves can ignite from the electrical connection of the burner. Think of alcohol as a fuel for fire not unlike gas. Would you boil gas on a stove?

Chemicals and solvents are very dangerous. Be wise and learned when attemping anything with either.

I personally have a handful of stories about people killing themselves trying to do a burn purge with a BHO tube.

I did use the double boil method, I put a pot of hot water on the stove then grabbed a rice cooker pot with purged iso, put that pot in the water then boiled it. I haven't known anyone to die purging but I have had a couple friend blow up...Believe me I was very cautious making this stuff! Thanks for the info about the elictric stove.

Where did you get the idea to put this on the STOVE ??? Try following proper directions . But maybe you should have gotten the Darwin award. You were just stupid man ,, f ing stupid. I don't know where we find them. People if you are new to here, before you try and grow; before you try and flower; before you try and dry/ cure; and for gosh sakes try and make hash oil,,,,,, read and understand what people whome have sucessfully done any and all of the above have posted how it is done correctly and SAFELY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time also only about one half inch above bud for your solvent. STUPID you give us here at the farm a bad bad name.

Someone must be in a bad mood?:confused0059:
Dont worry bro Im the last person who would give this wonderful place a bad name!

shit bro, at least your ok and didnt burn your house down....do a search, there are some great and very detailed threads on here showing how to create some high quality oil safley....

Thanks bro for the kind words, in hindsight I know what I did wrong and did learn from that run(mistake)!!

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
good job on taking the harsh words well slim :)

Blaze

Blaze

Next time try a hot plate - you can get them at Wal-Mart for like $20, they have no open flame, and generally have a much cooler "low" setting that a normal stove. Much safer than doing it on the stove AND you have better control.

S

SlimPickins

good job on taking the harsh words well slim :)

Thanks Hashmasta, I figure I didn't come here to be negative just to soak up some good info. Familiar with your work...genius man!

Next time try a hot plate - you can get them at Wal-Mart for like $20, they have no open flame, and generally have a much cooler "low" setting that a normal stove. Much safer than doing it on the stove AND you have better control.

Thanks for the info!
That's gonna be my next move.

J

Jalisco Kid

Just do it outside. We need someone like Richard for this generation. JK

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter

Pipe it down a couple notches buddy:big_boss:

gtd

squarepusher

squarepusher

so you know more than 1 person who has died making BHO oil??

C

CAPO

ya I knew this chic in asheville (RIP) was purgin'(with flame) some big freakin tube. It was like a three footer and in those days peeps were makin em outta PVC and such. I know this other kid who screwed up the same way and ended up in ICU burn unit; don't know if he made it.
You see all this happened circa '03 when BHO was new and kids were ragin on it. The bigger the tube the better, how to get the most, these sorts of things. Some genius came up with the idea to purge the tube by igniting it. It must of worked cause this misinformation caught on quick and kids got hurt.
The only time I saw someone doin a purge they forced their breath through it. I guess the news of people getting killed by igniting tubes got around pretty quick too, cause I haven't heard of anything like this since. But hey, you never know with so many new "entrepreneurs" getting in on the MMJ scene, maybe we'll see some more horror stories.

D

Donk Frog

I do my QWISO on the stove........however, I have my own double boiler type method, and I never leave anything unattended..... ALWAYS do BHO outside......

Top Bottom