Iso Question. Weird Consistency

• Thread starter ZombiePlague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague

Been rippin the iso method for years. Last few runs ( doing everything the exact same as always) have came out like honey and the next day BAM its a fudgy consistency. Any ideas?

greenthumbs1

greenthumbs1

Try purging with a double boil system and use a cooking thermometer to keep it at 185°.

ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague

Thanks. Its weird I've been doing the hair dryer evap thing for ten plus and just in the last couple months I have a nice honey consistency and the next day its a fudgy/waxy glob. Maybe the ole hair dryer needs a trip to the dump and I need to make a trip to the store.... As an after note. I laugh/shake my head when I hear the word Dabs. Maybe I'm old school but to me that's oil. We spread it out on papers add weed or tobacco and roll up a joint or the classic bottle toke or bots as we know them. If you asked me when I was young if I wanted a dab I'd of figured you were trying to give my hard drugs.

greenthumbs1

greenthumbs1

That's pretty funny. Ive been using a dubble boil system for years always comes out amber shatter. Something a lot of people don't understand is that thc has the same boiling point as water yet thc doesn't evaporate. There for it would only make sense to keep it just under boiling point and the water will evaporate. That temp will also burn out all the cbd's and ccb's leaving nothing but thc.

germinator

germinator

Sounds like a lot of lipids n waxes being extracted from that new strain. You could polish it to an absolute with ethenol.

When I first heard the word "dab" was brylcream hair stuff commercial.... "A little dap will do ya" little did they know........uh oh I'm showing my age.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
...and stay tuned for,
coming up next:
The Science Fiction Theater--
with your host Truman Bradly...

ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague

Lol. Got er figured out. My coffee filters that I use to strain were in my basement and must have picked up a ton of moisture. Got a new pack of filters and back to honey just like i like. Thanks for the input everyone.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

ya moisture will do that..

dude. invest in a small tube.. for bho.. honestly.. u will improve quality.. and u can hot water bath at 150-160 without a vacuum chamber.. and get a cleaner product then and iso run will do . just a lil heads up .

tromak

tromak

The temp that isopropyl boils is much lower than waters. Whatever it is you boil the iso at that temp and slowly steam the water from there. Different strain or different iso/water ratio sometimes results in a different consistency. Screw that bho alcohol is way healthier. Trace elements of Leukemia causing benzene in most butane.

A

aeroponicman

just use a hot plate. freeze it overnight , keep iso in freezer too! mine is just as good as bho,less hassle!

Top Bottom