Isolating a colloidal silvered branch

• Thread starter Shotyoung
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shotyoung

Shotyoung

I'm sitting here dreaming about breeding my own feminized seeds and realized it's not going to be as easy as I'd like and hope I can get your collective help on a small problem that I foresee. I'll be growing outside in the ground and was wondering if after I've used colloidal silver to turn one branch on one of my females, will it be possible to isolate that one branch so that it only pollinates a chosen branch? My thought, albeit not a great thought, is that I clear bag that branch with a few pin holes once I see the pollen pods to keep the pollen isolated. Will that branch continue to mature to create pollen or will it just eventually die off? Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I see a need for a tent to isolate the whole plant in hopes I can keep it alive or just forget about feminizing for now and just grow some beans the natural way.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I have never made femenized seeds (although I would like to try my hand at it one day), but I have made regular seeds indoors and out. I usually isolate males and then collect and freeze pollen (if I am not doing an open pollination). Later I will isolate the desired females, if they are in pots or just bag a branch that I wish to pollinate and then pour the pollen in the bag, tie it off and then shake it. I usually leave the branch(es) bagged for 12-24 hours and then open the bag carefully and use a spray bottle to spray the branch pretty good to make any pollen that is left sterile so it will not pollinate any females/branches that I do not wish for it to. This may not be the best method, but it is how I was taught to selectively breed and it has always worked well for me. Luckily I have never come up with any seeds that I did not intend to make when pollinating.

Again I have not made femenized seeds before and I could be wrong, but I beleive that most people reverse full plants or cuttings of plants and then just utilize those to pollinate the desired females, rather than reversing and isolating just a branch. I could very well be mistaken though. I look forward to researching the subject more and hopefully trying it one day though. Good luck with your project if you proceed with it. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm sitting here dreaming about breeding my own feminized seeds and realized it's not going to be as easy as I'd like and hope I can get your collective help on a small problem that I foresee. I'll be growing outside in the ground and was wondering if after I've used colloidal silver to turn one branch on one of my females, will it be possible to isolate that one branch so that it only pollinates a chosen branch? My thought, albeit not a great thought, is that I clear bag that branch with a few pin holes once I see the pollen pods to keep the pollen isolated. Will that branch continue to mature to create pollen or will it just eventually die off? Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I see a need for a tent to isolate the whole plant in hopes I can keep it alive or just forget about feminizing for now and just grow some beans the natural way.
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but if you are thinking about consuming the rest of a treated plant (no matter how small a branch), I would not do it. Basically after the pollen collection is finished, that plant is toast, imo (no has, or edibles either). HOWEVER, if you allow it to pollinate itself..those seeds should be aok FEMS!
There is lots of info on that ..Google.

CS is a royal PIA and needs to be done for a long time..every day in flower. STS would be my own choice, but I have dogs and that crap is deadly!

E

estacionsj

Hi, I am new to this also, i want to get an whole feminized auto flower plant and spray colloidal silver on it to get pollen, then take that pollen to pollinate another feminized auto flower to get seeds, so does anyone know the esiest way and process to get pollen from a auto feminized plant.
Thanks

Top Bottom