ISP's Chem D bx3?

• Thread starter el_tenador
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I went from ISP's #1 fan to their #1 critic in just short of 24 hours... sweet.

Time for bed.

Damn dude, I'm sorry that happened. All I know is that I've stunted the shit out of mine, over fertilized them, got them too close to the lights, under watered them, and a bunch of other things and they have never gone herm for me. When did you get your seeds? Maybe there is a difference in some of the seed stock? I first started out with clones of the ISP chem bx3 (a male and a female) that one of the brothel brothers gave me about a year ago. Around the same time that I got the clones, I also bought a pack of the seeds so I could do my own selections. None of the Chemdog D bx3's that I ran ever hermed like that. And also, none of the crosses that I made using Chemdog D bx3 ever hermed like that either. It's weird though because you got 2 of them to herm and both at the same time. But I also agree with you, those pics you showed don't look to me like it was your fault. It definitely looks like that plant was gonna show male and female body parts no matter what you did. A few bananas, maybe then you could say that it was growers' error. But full on male flowers growing alongside female flowers, I highly doubt it is the grower.

Ohso is a really nice guy who has always taken the time to offer me some help in the past. One time he even offered to replace some seeds of his that I accidentally drowned and only got 1 to pop. I don't think that he would put that much effort into it if all he wanted to do was fuck people over. I was thinking that since my Chemdog D bx3 is from early 2011 (possibly from 2010 stock?), I wonder if ohsogreen is using a different male (or maybe a few different males) now to make the new stock. I know that ISP had to restock these recently. Hopefully ohso will chime in here to clear some things up.

dankworth

dankworth

FTWendy, that is f'ed up. I am very sorry to hear about this. I thought they were all legit. 2/2 is no bueno.

Dude, others rock s1s and do not produce herms. Selection process and testing is everything, I guess.
And what is that "cloned too heavily" business about? Never heard of such a thing until now. Maybe I need to read more.

Thanks for giving us all the heads up. Best of luck.

Crying Game-ass Silence of the Lambs'ed out bullshit.

I would terminate those herms with extreme prejudice.
You should take that shit out back, put a blindfold on it, and ask it if it has any last words. And then execute it. And be sure to use Samuel L. Jackson's favorite word for emphasis.

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

I've grown out ISP's A-Dawg and it was excellent. I've helped my best friend tend a run of Agent D and Chemdog D bx3 all without issues. I thought the Agent D was decent, but he Chemdog D bx3 was killer. With all of these, boys were boys and girls were girls.
So you ran two seeds, and you've decided it must be the breeders fault. LOL I saw that others guys thread on Agent D, WTF, he's been growing them for like 2 months in keg cups. What a waste of good seeds. Why did he even start them if he didn't have room for them.
Sounds like you had issues early on, and sounds like osg was trying to help. Funny how you were praising osg, but now you're pissing on his dome. Why six cuts on each, on plants that had been through stress early on ? Do you think maybe, the donors are fucked because of your issues early on ?
Urbangrowths, Westcoast547, Rustyshackleford, and I, all had nothing but success with them. Maybe you should grow the clones out, to see if you stressed the donors into crossing over. Two plants grown, is hardly enough to form a real opinion.

S

Straightdank420

OSP makes valid points, ya just can't assess a strain by such small numbers. Give the clones a go at it, but use a medium/method you are familiar with.

ftwendy

ftwendy

I've grown out ISP's A-Dawg and it was excellent. I've helped my best friend tend a run of Agent D and Chemdog D bx3 all without issues. I thought the Agent D was decent, but he Chemdog D bx3 was killer. With all of these, boys were boys and girls were girls.
So you ran two seeds, and you've decided it must be the breeders fault. LOL I saw that others guys thread on Agent D, WTF, he's been growing them for like 2 months in keg cups. What a waste of good seeds. Why did he even start them if he didn't have room for them.
Sounds like you had issues early on, and sounds like osg was trying to help. Funny how you were praising osg, but now you're pissing on his dome. Why six cuts on each, on plants that had been through stress early on ? Do you think maybe, the donors are fucked because of your issues early on ?
Urbangrowths, Westcoast547, Rustyshackleford, and I, all had nothing but success with them. Maybe you should grow the clones out, to see if you stressed the donors into crossing over. Two plants grown, is hardly enough to form a real opinion.

I am beginning to understand the mistakes I've made, and am aware of my part in causing this outbreak of herms. From what I gather now, I imagine it was stress due to a minor out of range pH feeding early in their lives. I wasn't aware of the mistake being so grave, and when I noticed something awry, I asked the man with the most experience for his thoughts on hermys in his gene pool... 2/2 is 100% of a small population. But it is 100%.

You guys are correct: from what I gathered, OSG is a nice guy, and he has been VERY helpful. Right up until I asked about the stability of the genes. That's what kills me. I thought I was getting the best information I could, right from the horse's mouth.

It's a matter of trust: I thought I was getting genuine guidance from a master, and he acted like that's what he was dispensing, when in fact he was just selling his seeds. Keeping an eye on the threads is in his own interest, so was helping me. I knew this when I sought him out for advice on the other forum... and was grateful for his help while it was helpful.

The real kicker is the fact that I inquired about the hermaphoditism in private, in a pm, and he was still deceptive in his answers... THAT is what has me salty. Nice, sure... but...well, I'll stop short of continued character judgement. I've already gone too far in making a negative endorsement earlier. That is just being spiteful - and I owe ohsogreen an apology for that.

My mistake, bro ( I know you're reading).

So, we're all adults, and I invite you to draw your own conclusions from my experience. Buy what you like, follow your method, and post your results to show me how to grow out these hermaphroditic genes like a pro... that way I can make use of the other 18 bx3 beans I have stashed in the fridge.

Thanks for reading, and many more thanks for the additional input on other's experience with these seeds and the chem lines in general. Lets try to play nice now...cheers, ftw

dankworth

dankworth

I feel that I was too opinionated, without considering all perspectives. I believe that I spoke too soon, and should admit it.
Thanks for all the information in this thread everybody.

ftwendy

ftwendy

The points being made about judging an entire lot based on a small sample are valid, and I'm not saying everyone will net the same outcome. But, results are results, and mine are valuable since they seem to represent outliers worth further investigation. All things considered, I think we can learn something valuable from my experience with these beans:

-100% germ rate
-they prefer feedings that are simple and light
-they are vigorous and healthy
-donors are easy to clone
-they are probably best suited for soil or other medium with a higher cec

If the cost of this education is me scraping my knees for a few months, then I think we've found a bargain.

Apologies and gratitude. ftw

Top Bottom