Issues In My Veg Tent

• Thread starter Garlitz7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Issues in my veg tent
Hey guys, I’m at a point where I’m stuck. It is day 56 and these plants have completely stopped growing the past 2 weeks and I’ve tried mostly everything to get them back up and going again. One of them is still doing alright, (I topped about 2 weeks ago) it’s got two main shoots but still growing slowly though. But the other two haven’t done anything. I had 4 but one of them wilted out and died on me. My rh is around 50% and my ph is always kept at 6. I’ve never dealt with so many dying plants it’s killing me not watching them grow! I’ve only fed them once and I gave em some cal mag today so that’s my only hope. One issue I’ve been constantly having is these air pots, I don’t think I’ll be going back to them. They dry out way too quick and I think that’s what’s causing all this. I don’t mind having to get them back up and veg them for longer, because I have 3 plants in flower right now in my other tent. So I want to get these babies back up again. But for the little tiny lady that I fimmed about a month ago, I’m losing more and more hope haha. Any ideas?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Have they dried out to the point of drooping? Looks over ferted and stunned.

Just to give you an idea that's a 21 day old plant under a 600 and this is a slower strain. At 56 days they should be way bigger

20190207 023944 1

S

sweetolmaryjane

I would say its the pots. but i say this having never used them. However if you aren't over/under watering. the PH of your soil/water is correct...the only thing i'm unfamiliar with is the pots. that would be the first thing i would switch.

S

sweetolmaryjane

do you have a Cal/Mag deficiency? because if you dont, you dont need the supplement. if you are using tap water from a well, there is plenty of cal and mag

S

sweetolmaryjane

also, that FIM plant is 56 days old???? i would cut your losses on that one. i veg for 5 weeks. and my plants are knee high bushes at that point. if it is stressed that badly, it will most definitely hermi on you when you go to flower

M

Merlin1147

If it were cold roots the first thing I’d think you’d see is a P deficiency and that doesn’t look like that. If you pull the runt out wash off the soil and have a look at the roots. What happened to all the lower leaves?

Seraphine

Seraphine

View attachment 855371 Hey guys, I’m at a point where I’m stuck. It is day 56 and these plants have completely stopped growing the past 2 weeks and I’ve tried mostly everything to get them back up and going again. One of them is still doing alright, (I topped about 2 weeks ago) it’s got two main shoots but still growing slowly though. But the other two haven’t done anything. I had 4 but one of them wilted out and died on me. My rh is around 50% and my ph is always kept at 6. I’ve never dealt with so many dying plants it’s killing me not watching them grow! I’ve only fed them once and I gave em some cal mag today so that’s my only hope. One issue I’ve been constantly having is these air pots, I don’t think I’ll be going back to them. They dry out way too quick and I think that’s what’s causing all this. I don’t mind having to get them back up and veg them for longer, because I have 3 plants in flower right now in my other tent. So I want to get these babies back up again. But for the little tiny lady that I fimmed about a month ago, I’m losing more and more hope haha. Any ideas?

The air pots are supposed to dry out the soil faster. You actually run into more issues with too wet soil.

How often do you water and how much runoff do you get?

What nutrients and how often do you feed?

pH at 6.0 is really low for soil. (I don’t even pH that low for my coco.) You want 6.5 - 6.8 for maximum nutrient uptake in soil.

What lights are you using and what’s the distance from the plants?

What are your lights on and lights off temps?

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

If it were cold roots the first thing I’d think you’d see is a P deficiency and that doesn’t look like that. If you pull the runt out wash off the soil and have a look at the roots. What happened to all the lower leaves?
Yeah I’m gonna pull the runt out tonight and look at the roots. All the lower leaves just started to die very quickly. This started about a week a week ago and they haven’t moved since, I fed them some calmag last night so hopefully when I check on em the two good ones are better.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Have they dried out to the point of drooping? Looks over ferted and stunned.

Just to give you an idea that's a 21 day old plant under a 600 and this is a slower strain. At 56 days they should be way bigger

View attachment 855468
Yeah I know, everything has been fine but the past two weeks everything has just halted on the growth. It’s my 3rd grow and I haven’t had issues like this yet. But I’ve only fed them once and it was a very small strength. My temps are about 70 degrees and my rh stands at about 50.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

The air pots are supposed to dry out the soil faster. You actually run into more issues with too wet soil.

How often do you water and how much runoff do you get?

What nutrients and how often do you feed?

pH at 6.0 is really low for soil. (I don’t even pH that low for my coco.) You want 6.5 - 6.8 for maximum nutrient uptake in soil.

What lights are you using and what’s the distance from the plants?

What are your lights on and lights off temps?
I’m using two 55w cfls, I’m only fed them once at a little strength with fox farm. I keep them about 2 feet away. And I water until the soils is completely dried out(about every two days).

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

no better way to halt growth then cold roots. Airy pots will do that
Yeah I’ve never had issues with cold roots. I have 2 5 gals going in my flower tent and they have had air pots they’re whole grow and I didn’t seem to have an issue. My temps stay at about 70 degrees and 50 rh.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I would say, feed once per week at the recommended application with the pH at 6.5 - 6.8. Water at the same pH when the top 1” - 2” of soil are dry. If your soil is completely drying out in 2 days then you’re not giving them enough water when you do water or feed. And don’t let them sit in the runoff water either get plant stands or clean up the run off ASAP.

Add in calmag to your weekly feeds.

m8ty

m8ty

I suspect over watering and too many nutrients, there is enough food in the soil for the first month of robust growth, after the plant has grown and used up the food in the soil then you can feed, but if you over water and ruin the roots it doesn't matter because the plant can't uptake the nutrients with over water roots.

All you can do now is work on restoring the roots with microbes, or toss them and start over and learn from this experience, after all it takes about five grows to start getting it right.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Are your plants on the floor? It can be 70 degrees about 3 feet up. But if they are sitting on a cold floor. Your roots are cold. Whats the soil temp. Over watering
/feeding, or cold roots. Either way, from food or temp i think your roots are fucked. And those pots could be a big reason why

Seraphine

Seraphine

I suspect over watering and too many nutrients, there is enough food in the soil for the first month of robust growth, after the plant has grown and used up the food in the soil then you can feed, but if you over water and ruin the roots it doesn't matter because the plant can't uptake the nutrients with over water roots.

All you can do now is work on restoring the roots with microbes, or toss them and start over and learn from this experience, after all it takes about five grows to start getting it right.

The original poster never did say what soil he was using. Was is hot soil?

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

I doubt it's the pots, I'm using smart pots and my plants are super healthy and happy, one thing to consider about growing in a tent is C02, plants can quickly deplete what's available and will literally stop growing, another is humidity. I seen you're using CFL lights, they arent the best for growing either, if you can go set it outside for a week and see if it perks up

Top Bottom