Issues with rockwool ..

• Thread starter Greenmachine21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Having a hard time figuring watering schedule ... lights on at 6pm first watering at 8 for 2 minutes and blocks still feel light after this , some of them others not so much . Then water for one minute at 10 , one minute at midnight and two minutes at 3am . Lights off at 6am . Currently about 3 and a half weeks into flower just wondering why would they feel light after a good 2-2:30 min waterings .. seems like the waters just running straight through and not staying in the block .

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Girls might be going through a lot of water.
I gave up using rockwool for anything...too many watering issues...
I'm happy now. Just sayin. 🙂

Nugg

Nugg

Makes sense that it's saturated already right?has anything else changed..temps ,humidity,?

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Girls might be going through a lot of water.
I gave up using rockwool for anything...too many watering issues...
I'm happy now. Just sayin. 🙂
Was growing in soil before but just like hydroponics so I’m not hand watering for an hour each night ..

ElJefe4200

ElJefe4200

Rockwool doesnt hold onto the same amount of water as coco or soil in my experience. I run 100ml through each block every hour of the light cycle.

ElJefe4200

ElJefe4200

How many plants do you have? It's dirt cheap to buy a 10 dollar timer, a 60 dollar pump and its a dollar per dripper. If youre doing rockwool you shouldnt be hand watering.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

some rockwool is more water repellant & some is more water absorbent, some really repels water once its dryish, varies with brand, I use 6x6x6 RR blocks, Grodan, they need watered 3 times per day & they are not huge plants, but Grodan really absorbs water well even when dryish, just sayin all RR is not the same, my plants love the 6x6x6 grodan cubes!

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

some rockwool is more water repellant & some is more water absorbent, some really repels water once its dryish, varies with brand, I use 6x6x6 RR blocks, Grodan, they need watered 3 times per day & they are not huge plants, but Grodan really absorbs water well even when dryish, just sayin all RR is not the same, my plants love the 6x6x6 grodan cubes!
Bro.how is ur plant now,and ur water schedule in bloom ?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I gave it away to hard to August and to hard to get rid of . Good luck .

Top Bottom