Issues with topping vs not topping

• Thread starter Ilike2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well hell, if that's what can happen, i have a 1/2 acre lot in victoria that will sleep 50.
not in my house though, you rugrats have to camp outside.
lol
Beautiful area…. I dont blame ya lol.

Lots of work with getting this business going but seriously would like to put something together in maybe a yr or 2

growsince79

growsince79

I like quality as well but when you have a small tent you can only grow 4 at a time. I run out of smoke before my next harvest, so yield is important to me. I don’t live in a rec state so I can’t just go to the store to get more.
I like quality as well but when you have a small tent you can only grow 4 at a time. I run out of smoke before my next harvest, so yield is important to me. I don’t live in a rec state so I can’t just go to the store to get more.

growsince79

growsince79

If you have a seedling veg spot, you could plant 2, move 2, and cut 2 every month. It makes better use of the limited space because the oldest plants can have a little more than half the tent. You should be able to get 3-4oz every month. If that's not enough, you might upgrade to a 2 x 4.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

If you have a seedling veg spot, you could plant 2, move 2, and cut 2 every month. It makes better use of the limited space because the oldest plants can have a little more than half the tent. You should be able to get 3-4oz every month. If that's not enough, you might upgrade to a 2 x 4.
I don’t have a veg spot setup. I don’t have enough room to set one up tbh. If I had one I could do what your saying. I’m going to look around for a spot I can use for that. It would help a lot.

Also I can’t smoke 3oz a month. I literally only smoke a bowl on my bong every night before I go to bed. I only smoke cause of ptsd. It really helps me sleep. I don’t smoke during the day, if I did I’d build up a huge tolerance.

Madmax

Madmax

well hell, if that's what can happen, i have a 1/2 acre lot in victoria that will sleep 50.
not in my house though, you rugrats have to camp outside.
lol
And here i ws thinking ....gee victoria's not far from me ...till i googled 🤣

It sure is a beautiful place..cities right on the waterfront..like here 😃

Madmax

Madmax

Well the verdicts in and theres been no decrease in end weight topping very early in flower running same strain same everything..infact my yield has increased but not by much.this harvest has been my best to date exceeding 34 oz's out of the 5x4 space to 36oz' 1/2 oz's ..still dont know whether it is just strain specific..ive topped again but growing dfg mac dragon bx1 this time around and under a different led the spiderfarmer se 7000 so 2 different variables this time round.

G

GomerPyle

Just moved 2nd harvest to the jars. 1st had a combination of natural and fimmed plants, all same strain. Effort was somewhat mixed, but mostly due to errors in transition to LED after using HID 30 years ago. Great Bubba Kush, though buds had plenty of room for improvement. Just out, a Super Skunk and 2xPlatinum Bubba Kush. SS went from pop to veg in short order. Had a bit of trouble with my PBK getting started. In fact, had 1 that I had given up for dead when she finally decided to take hold. I had set a firm out date, but was able to manifold the SS with good recovery time before the flip. 1 of the PBKs got full done with short recovery time, but Lady Lazarus as I came to call her missed the final topping. She still came on strong and proud and yielded one of the prettiest colas of the grow. Bud quality was vastly improved this time around, and had I been able to give the girls another couple of weeks in veg, would have had even better production. As it was, the SS produced 2 oz, as did the PBK. Very little trim. Full wet trimmed right from the stalks this round, cutting my drying time dramatically. Humidity is spot on and cure is progressing nicely. The sugar and guard leaves should extract nicely for some Everclear tincture. Fallow a few weeks and planning a 4 strain effort, filling the tent with veg before the flip. When it comes to topping/fimming, I'm a believer. For best volume, there's rarely a better answer than light. Could easily have drawn prison back in the day. Providence saw me through with no record. At least I don't live in Illinois! It was a loooooong wait, but now I'm havin' the time of my life! Thanks again for everyone's input.

Top Bottom