issues with yellow after moving to bigger system.

• Thread starter ndmsee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

ndmsee

Hello and thanks for reading my post, I have grown before on a smaller DWC system and did not do to bad. I wanted to upgrade to get a better everything I started my seedlings in the smaller system then moved them over to my 5 bucket system. I 've had issues since the move and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to cause my issues in the pics. I'm using two spider farmer 20244 sf100d lights for my 6x4 tent my ph is always from 5.6 to 6.0 though out the day. The water temp is from 67 to 70 degrees the humidity is not bad. I've been trying to avoid nute burn so I've been slowly increasing the PPM right now it's about 400 after 5 weeks of groth. I 'm not sure what might be causing the yellow outer fan leaves? I don't know what nute they might not be getting and or if it's too much water or light. The bucket water is only touching the bottem of the hold basket and the hydro rocks seem to be getting water. I can see new roots growing from the rockwool , only thing I checked on today was seeing how the water in the plant bucket had differnt PPM then the reservoir one had 303 and the other 215 when I tested it. I don't know if this is normal or if I have to keep reservoir at a higher level then the plant buckets. I'm not sure if it's too much water if that is the case , then can I just run the airstone and not the recirculaters for part of the day? Help me out my people and show me the way.

Issues with yellow after moving to bigger system
Issues with yellow after moving to bigger system 2
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

They look way under fed to me. A good way to dial in your ppm is, if the ppms drop over a up the ppms. If they go up lower the ppm. I’d go to 550 -600 and go from there. For ph I adjust it to 5.8 and let it drift up to 6.2 before I bring it down again. If the roots are long enough set the water level 1-2 inches below the net pot. What nutrients are you using?

N

ndmsee

They look way under fed to me. A good way to dial in your ppm is, if the ppms drop over a up the ppms. If they go up lower the ppm. I’d go to 550 -600 and go from there. For ph I adjust it to 5.8 and let it drift up to 6.2 before I bring it down again. If the roots are long enough set the water level 1-2 inches below the net pot. What nutrients are you using?
GenerlHydroponics brand is what I'm using and I lowered the water level and that helped out a bunch. Not sure what level the water should be at to the basket? is there a general rule on this ? I don't want want dote anyone or anything I would really just like to know. I just uped the PPM to 600 and about 5.78 to 5.81 give or take. When i lowered the water level every one got better really quick. I'm not sure how covered up the " Refeeding Halo Hoses " That spray water the whole time. Should I even do this or only run them part of the time? Any advice would be great and thanks for any help!!

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If the root are long enough to reach the water the level should be an inch or two below the bottom of the net pot, rockwool can get saturated from the watering ring if stays near the center. After the plant has roots long enough to reach the water I would stop using it.

N

ndmsee

If the root are long enough to reach the water the level should be an inch or two below the bottom of the net pot, rockwool can get saturated from the watering ring if stays near the center. After the plant has roots long enough to reach the water I would stop using it.
Thanks only got one that will reach the water level all others are still in the net pot, I'll shut off the water ring when they get out the basket net.

Top Bottom