Isulating grow room (for cacti)

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

Im thinking about setting up a cacti room. (i sell cuttings on ebay) etc

the area is 115cm x 2020 by 85cm high. That height is fine for my cacti it takes them two years to grow an inch.but they get a lot thicker under HIDS

Seeing as its so low in heighti will have to use a good vent system so have been thinking using 250wattMH on one side while 4oow aircooled on the other.accousting insulated ducting going through both.

The accoustic ducting had a hole in the ground to go out into an area (box)the hot air will cool quickly.
I cut two large 150mm holes in the box and am thinking of spryaing water saving crystals all over the rocky floor in there, 1litre water every week then hot air comes through and cools before it exits other hole.

Anyway what do you think of insulating grow room walls for sound..i need it to be very quite. i saw some accoustic insulation for sale and thought id line it with that and put poly on top.
Even though cactus is legal i want to be stealth about it and quiet as possible.
I already have accoustic ducting and the 150mm fan will have acoustics insulation wrapped around it.

S

Silica

about 25-35c but not too hot or they get sunburnt. not too much water or they get black spots.
Also its sound proofing im after aswell. dont want my neightbours think im growing dope. which i dont, i dont smoke it any more.
The 250 is not in cool tube.
thats for many small cuttings. the 400 next to it is for longer taller branchy cacti
the 150mm ducting leads off 250w and goes through 400 cooltube then down through ground and into cooling box. then outside.

the 150mm and insulated ducting should get out all heat plus its in a hole under shade where its never above 25' normall.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Cactus, are you for real? I used to think it was a cover now Im not so sure. Anyway good luck with whatever your growing.

S

Silica

Yep Cacti i used to consume poyote and the strains i was growing (no poyote anymore) as it contains mescaline...But drugs lately make me irritable and i just like them for the suoviner type "cool" feeling i get from growing them and having them around.
I cant grow canna, my fiance would leave me and if i got caught i couldnt travel for 5 or so years. So its just legal cactus now....I love growing though :) not as fun as canna tough

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thats cool. Ive always wanted a greenhouse to play around with flowers and other non mj plants.

S

Silica

thanks i think the insulation should be fine cacti are pretty tough.

I guess ill start reading cacti sites more too but still love reading about this stuff..Even collecting the odd bag of killer queen or something for the fridge. hopefully for one day in the future :)

convex

convex

I always wanted to try my hand at cacti ...

How loud is that 150 mm?
I wouldn't think it would attract neighbours attention?

S

Silica

without insulation it would make enough noise to notice anyone in the area

Top Bottom