It’s my first time growing...

• Thread starter Kykaykar123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kykaykar123

Kykaykar123

How do I get tight buds? Like is it just the type of seed that was planted (idk what it was) or is it how it’s being grown? I feel like these are all fluffy. Will that change when they dry? And how do I keep them from drying out too much? What do I do?!?! Please help.
Its my first time growing

RR1

RR1

How do I get tight buds? Like is it just the type of seed that was planted (idk what it was) or is it how it’s being grown? I feel like these are all fluffy. Will that change when they dry? And how do I keep them from drying out too much? What do I do?!?! Please help.
View attachment 1050855
For a first grow, you did fine..
At this point you should not worry about beautiful, gorgeous, tight, dank, kickass dope. Right now it's all about healthy, bug-free, mold-free, decent pot. As to drying, hang them in a dark place, about 60-70 degrees, 50-60% humidity. Have a small fan moving air. DO NOT blow directly on buds. When the stems start to snap when bent, trim a bit, put in jars in a dark place. Open every day and feel. If they are still not crispy on the outside, leave jar open overnight. Next day seal again. Repeat. On the day the outside feels kinda crispy, seal the jar. Open in 2 days, if it still feels dry, seal for 2 weeks minimum. (a month is better). Leave the jar in a cool, dark place. Try not to drool on the glass while you wait. After all this time growing, don't rush it and have a substandard product.
And as far as dense nugs, an awful lot of that is about how well you pay attention to environment, and genetics. Walk before you run, baby.
Nice job,
RR1

Kykaykar123

Kykaykar123

For a first grow, you did fine..
At this point you should not worry about beautiful, gorgeous, tight, dank, kickass dope. Right now it's all about healthy, bug-free, mold-free, decent pot. As to drying, hang them in a dark place, about 60-70 degrees, 50-60% humidity. Have a small fan moving air. DO NOT blow directly on buds. When the stems start to snap when bent, trim a bit, put in jars in a dark place. Open every day and feel. If they are still not crispy on the outside, leave jar open overnight. Next day seal again. Repeat. On the day the outside feels kinda crispy, seal the jar. Open in 2 days, if it still feels dry, seal for 2 weeks minimum. (a month is better). Leave the jar in a cool, dark place. Try not to drool on the glass while you wait. After all this time growing, don't rush it and have a substandard product.
And as far as dense nugs, an awful lot of that is about how well you pay attention to environment, and genetics. Walk before you run, baby.
Nice job,
RR1

Thank you!! I’m definitely excited I found this little site. I’m ready for the badass weed though. 😁 I’m assuming I pulled the plants at the right time. I was told once the hairs start going red it loses potency so they were starting too... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Trying not to screw this up 🤞🏼

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Thank you!! I’m definitely excited I found this little site. I’m ready for the badass weed though. 😁 I’m assuming I pulled the plants at the right time. I was told once the hairs start going red it loses potency so they were starting too... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Trying not to screw this up 🤞🏼
Welcome to the Farm! Stick around and keep reading and asking questions. There's a great community of growers here.
As for the red hairs you mentioned, you actually want that! There is too much bro science and folklore surrounding cannabis harvest. You will need to read about "trichomes" and invest in something that can magnify your buds 50 to 100x. Plenty on Amazon to choose from and lots for you to read up on! 👍

🌱

Badchoice

Badchoice

Just make sure you dry and cure properly if you got a meter that will fit in the a mason jar so you can have an idea what the jars are running temp and humidity level it will help a lot and as the other person said try not to drool on them, don’t need mold lol

Kykaykar123

Kykaykar123

Welcome to the Farm! Stick around and keep reading and asking questions. There's a great community of growers here.
As for the red hairs you mentioned, you actually want that! There is too much bro science and folklore surrounding cannabis harvest. You will need to read about "trichomes" and invest in something that can magnify your buds 50 to 100x. Plenty on Amazon to choose from and lots for you to read up on! 👍

🌱

Thank you so much for the tips. So the red hairs... I definitely want them red before it’s ready? These are all of them... some are definitely white still 😒

Kykaykar123

Kykaykar123

Just make sure you dry and cure properly if you got a meter that will fit in the a mason jar so you can have an idea what the jars are running temp and humidity level it will help a lot and as the other person said try not to drool on them, don’t need mold lol

Yessss its definitely tempting! So I need a thermometer in the mason jar and check humidity daily?

Badchoice

Badchoice

Yessss its definitely tempting! So I need a thermometer in the mason jar and check humidity daily?
Well a small enough one that reads tempt and humidity you wanna keep good humidity and tempts when curing along with “”burping the air and etc. Um I bet their is a thread on here somewhere about curing and stuff just not good with linking other threads lol and actually your trichromes are the important part hairs are kindof but a jewelry’s scope is used to see the tri and once an amber color their good

RR1

RR1

Best way to tell if they are ready has nothing to do with hairs. Need to look at trichomes. Once they go from clear and shiny, to cloudy/whitish, it's time. If you wait longer they will start to turn amber colored, which shows sign of THC starting to degrade, and CBD rising. A 20x or better loupe is sufficient. At my age a 30x is better.
Lot's to learn. I been at it for 40 years, and still lots to learn.
Good night,
RR1

Badchoice

Badchoice

Thank you so much for the tips. So the red hairs... I definitely want them red before it’s ready? These are all of them... some are definitely white still 😒
A odd thing with cropping too early you can tell by the smoke, the buds May have produced more cbd than thc or weird things that can on during the time frame But the buds look good once cured a little you’ll notice they will firm up a little

RR1

RR1

A odd thing with cropping too early you can tell by the smoke, the buds May have produced more cbd than thc or weird things that can on during the time frame But the buds look good once cured a little you’ll notice they will firm up a little
Reread my post, not about hairs. All about trichomes. Some years ago an outfit in Cali called trichome Tech did a scientific study us a GC/Mass Spec and measured THC levels at 3 different times. Clear trichomes, cloudy/opaque, and amber. Highest THC was cloudy/white/opaque. Amber was the start of degrading levels of THC, and the rise of CBDs.
You can probably find article in High Times archives.
RR1

Latest posts

Top Bottom