It Is This Light Burn?

• Thread starter androsk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
androsk

androsk

hi guys, this is my very fist plant, been reading and learning.

the lamp is a DIY 3w x 18 led i made for a planted aquarium some time ago, i was told this will be not enough light but it will help grow until i get or made a better one, now i notice it is probably to much light, i moved the lamp all the way up i can in my growbox i made.

should i replace the lamp asap? with one less powerful

it is really light burn?

thanks for help.

It is this light burn
It is this light burn 2
It is this light burn 3
MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

hi guys, this is my very fist plant, been reading and learning.

the lamp is a DIY 3w x 18 led i made for a planted aquarium some time ago, i was told this will be not enough light but it will help grow until i get or made a better one, now i notice it is probably to much light, i moved the lamp all the way up i can in my growbox i made.

should i replace the lamp asap? with one less powerful

it is really light burn?

thanks for help.
no. light burn or yellowing is just that. a drying look of the leaves. no. not even possible with your set up. you use some nute no no. But who am I to judge. Love your light I made a light kind of like that. that's too cool.

IMG 20171124 203541563
IMG 20171124 203528580 HDR
IMG 20171124 203534996 HDR
IMG 20171124 203555104 HDR
MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Thanks, why it cant be light burn with my setup?
Those lights will light burn. LEDs are a learning curve for any grower. To close you get fade and stunted or tight node growth. To far, spindly stretching. It's just finding the happy spot. LED is intense for seedlings and young veg. I prefer CFL for starting and then graduate into LED. I've used generic 300w LED panels in my last two grows. I am very impressed with the bud quality and appearance over CFL, being T-5's and high wattage spirals. People who say CFL does not get hot never grew with 750w of it. I have many grows with it all successful. That light looks like it will make a nice topper for a single trained plant. PAR is less focused on this type of build. More evenly spread lets say. But looking at your plant, she could very well have some light burn. But I see either to much or to little of something in the food department. Pop her from her home and look at root structure and color. You could have lockout, soil PH issues, over feeding issues...So many avenues to travel. PH is the first step. Test your soil and feeding solution. Get some RO water, flush and get her in a bigger pot. Coco with 30+% pearlite by volume. Start fresh and save her. She looks strong. Those affected leaves you can trim the dead off. It sets you back but she'll come out of it when her roots can breathe and PH is in check. Just my opinion. I've wrecked some plants being slack and thinking it's just a weed, it will grow. Todays hybrids can be little ass holes to grow if not kept in check. And then some are on auto-pilot and just want to grow. You'll get this down. Every grow has it's little issues.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I strongly suggest tightening up your Mylar walls. Those creases can bounce hot spots back. But your not seeing any burn. I see purple my last 3 weeks of flower. Your tips are fried, means heavy feed at some point. The purple on the edges, I dunno. But like most suggest, would be to flush the pot. The last time you flush, use 25% strength nutes. Wait a week and she should bounce back.

androsk

androsk

alright, i flushed the pot, added new substrate and did some root pruning, i been using RO water 6.8 ph aprox. since the begging, i remember now that i added some Kno3, like 1/16 tbs or 1/8 probably, that was because the lower/older leafs where yellowing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom