It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves.

• Thread starter Tyler777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyler777

It’s my first grow, and I think the leaves are slightly curling on themselves, and I just want to see if anyone can tell me what the problem is. I have done as much research as I can, but it seems like it could be one of five things… Any help or tips are much appreciated.

I have a 4 ish by 2 ish by 7 ish tent, two VS 4000 lights, humidity, and temp stay around 65 RH and 80 degrees (I know this may be a little high, but I can’t help it due to where the tent is and where I live).

I have been messing around with the distance of the lights to see if this is what is causing the problems, but I am not getting much feedback. I’m using Mother Earth Coco and Perlite mix, Gaia Green 4-4-4, and worm castings. The plants are three weeks old today, from the day I planted them. (I soaked them in water for 18 hours and kept them in a plastic bag for about another 24 hours.)

It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 2
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 3
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 4
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 5
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 6
It looks like my leaves are slightly curling in on themselves 7
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is a sign of light stress. I also see a little blistering on leaves. Consider backing the light off a bit. Your light is pretty powerful and should be no closer than 30 inches from canopy top.

You need to give these bags a good water so all of your medium is at least damp. Water very slowly so your medium soaks up the water and hangs onto it for the plant. No more splash in the middle like you are doing.

I'm seeing the odd off colour tip. Watch the run off E.C if you can, or increase run off.

Part 1

Part 2.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If your going to use an organic fertilizer like Gaia Green 4-4-4. Your far better off to use a nice finished compost and worm castings base. Even bagged compost from the garden centre rather than coco and per-lite as a base.

Compost and Worm castings are living! They are chalked full of nutrients and microbes that work together with the Gaia Green to create the living soil that is feeding your plant. These nutrients and microbes are not available in Coco and Per-lite.

3 parts nice finished compost. 1 part Worm Castings.
You should add 1 tablespoon of bone meal per gallon medium when mixing the soil. This is a slow release calcium that will last the entire grow.

Adding 10 grams per gallon medium Dolomite lime adds readily available magnesium. Everything works together to create a living potting soil with all the good things your plant will need from start to finish, in a living soil environment.
The 4-4-4 is food for the microbes in the potting soil. The microbes eat the good things in the Compost, castings, 4-4-4 and in turn create the food your plant needs with no burning.

Last edited:
T

Tyler777

This is a sign of light stress. I also see a little blistering on leaves. Consider backing the light off a bit. Your light is pretty powerful and should be no closer than 30 inches from canopy top.

You need to give these bags a good water so all of your medium is at least damp. Water very slowly so your medium soaks up the water and hangs onto it for the plant. No more splash in the middle like you are doing.

I'm seeing the odd off colour tip. Watch the run off E.C if you can, or increase run off.

Part 1

Part 2.
This is good info! I will definitely be watching the videos you sent. Thank you!!

T

Tyler777

If your going to use an organic fertilizer like Gaia Green 4-4-4. Your far better off to use a nice finished compost and worm castings base. Even bagged compost from the garden centre rather than coco and per-lite as a base.

Compost and Worm castings are living! They are chalked full of nutrients and microbes that work together with the Gaia Green to create the living soil that is feeding your plant. These nutrients and microbes are not available in Coco and Per-lite.

3 parts nice finished compost. 1 part Worm Castings.
You should add 1 tablespoon of bone meal per gallon medium when mixing the soil. This is a slow release calcium that will last the entire grow.

Adding 10 grams per gallon medium Dolomite lime adds readily available magnesium. Everything works together to create a living potting soil with all the good things your plant will need from start to finish, in a living soil environment.
The 4-4-4 is food for the microbes in the potting soil. The microbes eat the good things in the Compost, castings, 4-4-4 and in turn create the food your plant needs with no burning.
I have another plant on the other side of my tent that is about to have to be transplanted. I will take this into consideration and see what the differences are between the two. Thank you again for all your tips!

Top Bottom