It's Alive! Blackberry OG Round 1 - MPB Style

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

I actually would like to remove my collars, but can't because of water levels. I am running 17 gallons per bucket. Which is way too much imho. Removing the collars would bring me down to around 10 gallons which looks the be enough. I have a monster but have to wait until harvest to look under her skirt. Then I will either confirm my observations or not.

I also would love to save 70-80 gallons of water. Nutes are pricey.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

If you went down to 10 gallons, that would mean that you would need to re position the drains lower in the bins. I thought about that on mine, except that the new holes would be too close to the old ones. That would mean that I would need new bins to make that work. This time, I will just experiment with the risers. You are right though about the smaller volume. Saving all that nute solution would be sweet.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nutrient fall out?

I almost forgot I took these pics from last run. What do you guys make of this:

IMG 2030

IMG 2029

I would clean the rez, and it comes back every time. Reddish-brownish sticky residue. Looks kinda like the same color like the H&G part A nutes. At first you can see the reddish on some foam in the rez, then it starts to build up at the water line and above only. Also on the under side of the lid of the rez too. In the tank would be RO, cal mag plus, H&G aqua flakes A&B, Roots Excel, Hydro Fungicide. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks,

-TF

C

canaguy27

I am running:

Sensi A&B Bloom and Grow depending on what stage.
Bud Ignitor
Big Bud
OverDrive

Roots Excel
Multizen
Algen

Hydrofungicide

I don't notice a funk that builds up like that and sticks. I have seen a weird residue from algen from time to time though. Hope that helps narrow it down.

G

Genius Genetics

I almost forgot I took these pics from last run. What do you guys make of this:

View attachment 123491

View attachment 123492

I would clean the rez, and it comes back every time. Reddish-brownish sticky residue. Looks kinda like the same color like the H&G part A nutes. At first you can see the reddish on some foam in the rez, then it starts to build up at the water line and above only. Also on the under side of the lid of the rez too. In the tank would be RO, cal mag plus, H&G aqua flakes A&B, Roots Excel, Hydro Fungicide. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks,

-TF

easy bro..

when i seen them pics i just knew you was using Roots Excel...

its real good stuff in systems like NFT... BUT....

its not so good in super oxygenated systems like.. MPB.. DWC.. UC..

iv seen many growers with the same problem

most MPB, DWC, UC growers, i think use Zone now instead of Roots Excel

hope this helps bud

Peace G.G.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks man.
It's been a mystery to me. So your saying that's actually the RE falling out of the solution due to the high levels of oxygen?

-TF

J

jakew215

i honestly have ZERO hydro experience and when i saw those pictures my first thought was roots excel.

i used it a few days ago with water only, like JUST roots excel and water, mixed up 55 gallons of it and used about 40 of it, came back the next morning and i had a brown residue over everything. literally had to scrub it out... looked exactly like that.

G

Genius Genetics

Thanks man.
It's been a mystery to me. So your saying that's actually the RE falling out of the solution due to the high levels of oxygen?

-TF

No probs bro, im glad i could help.:)

im not sure why it go's like that,

i just know the problem is RE mixed with high levels of oxygen

iv seen alot of people with the same thing

they were all using RE and super oxygenated systems

it dont take a Genius LOL :)

like i said i think most SOS growers use Zone, iv heard its good stuff

hope it all go's well bro

Peace G.G.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I don't think that RE and zone are a direct replacement. You are right. One is a hormone, and the other is an agent to kill microbial life in the nute solution. Although I will not contest that the zone seems to be the trick for the water culture guys on here. As well, it does make sense that the residue is the RE falling out of the solution. I will keep an eye on the residue specifically this next run. I think that Benderdundat has the right notion with the sterile root zone in the water, and an active root crown with top feeding the benes.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey TF has your avatar alwasy been ren and stimpy?

I cant believe I never noticed that - lmao

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You Eeediot! It has been my avatar for at least 6 months or more.:D

Love that Ren & Stimpy. I dug your old Buckwheat. Watched the lil raskals growing up. Good shit man.

-TF

C

canaguy27

So I finally got down to the bottom of it. It was not rot, well it was. Root aphids were feeding on the roots that were pushed up out of the water between the collar and the net pot. Then rot was forming a bit. I am now going to run top feed 24/7 with maybe a little extra sauce for the root crown, if I see bugs.

M

MediMary

I don't think that RE and zone are a direct replacement. You are right. One is a hormone, and the other is an agent to kill microbial life in the nute solution. Although I will not contest that the zone seems to be the trick for the water culture guys on here. As well, it does make sense that the residue is the RE falling out of the solution. I will keep an eye on the residue specifically this next run. I think that Benderdundat has the right notion with the sterile root zone in the water, and an active root crown with top feeding the benes.

Hey TF, I contacted H&G directly, there are some posts up by me on the subject, RE is not a hormone based product. its a beneficial bacteria.

Im wondering if the build up is from putting RE in your tank, and then nuking it with the Downunder HF.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I have buildup without the HF added, although not as bad. I would agree that after HF or physan20, it seemed that there was more new possibly dead matter, or just coagulated nutes that the fungicide caused to fall out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Gearing up for another shot at the MPB's with the chem valley kush. I will start a new thread for round 2 coming up in the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck,

-TF

Giddeon

Giddeon

Hope all goes well with your next run,

couple things that I have noticed while experimenting with the MPB's...

1. I dont pull out branches with a cage to try and create more growth, this stressed my plants enough where yields went way down. I only use a larger cage, about 3.5 feet in diameter, to support what naturally grows.

2. Heavy flush is a must each week, I drain my system add fresh tap water and run it for 5 hours drain the system and add pre mixed nutrient water back to the system for the week. I have never had rot and have never used any hydro fungicide.

This has been what I have observed after a couple runs with the MPB's hope it helps.

Good luck,
GIddeon:harvest:

Latest posts

Top Bottom