It's Alive! Blackberry OG Round 1 - MPB Style

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Hope all goes well with your next run,

couple things that I have noticed while experimenting with the MPB's...

1. I dont pull out branches with a cage to try and create more growth, this stressed my plants enough where yields went way down. I only use a larger cage, about 3.5 feet in diameter, to support what naturally grows.

2. Heavy flush is a must each week, I drain my system add fresh tap water and run it for 5 hours drain the system and add pre mixed nutrient water back to the system for the week. I have never had rot and have never used any hydro fungicide.

This has been what I have observed after a couple runs with the MPB's hope it helps.

Good luck,
GIddeon:harvest:

Good info, thanks for sharing that giddeon.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys. Looking forward to another crack at these MPB's. I will most likely be throwing in a few coco ladies in the extra space in there as well for variety and insurance.

Giddeon,
Thanks for the input learned from your runs. I will pay extra attention to my flushing regemin.

-TF

B

bong bandit

medimary and TF. were you pre mixing nutes and ph'ing them before refilling containers on a rez change, or were you just trying to add nutes to the reservoir after filling it with water.. i think that had something to do with my failure it rdwc. but idk.. don't think i'll ever go that route again. top feed of some sort in a medium.

good thing you aren't counting on buds for income. takes a lot of the stress out of a failure. YOU CAN DO IT!

B

bong bandit

i also had the same problem with roots excel. it would leave a rim of brownish residue, consistent with the look of RE and i would see it in some of the roots just kind of stuck to them and thought it was rot at first. and it clogged the FUCK out of my 3/4'' inline filter. it was that black filter that you unscrew and has that bar with circular threads bunched up to catch shit.

420blazinjames

Giddeon, can you please explain why bending branches decreases yield? I always thought it was important to train the girls to grow a certain way??? Even in regular rooms you may need to weave it a certain way for light to enter.

Thanks in advance

Giddeon

Giddeon

Giddeon, can you please explain why bending branches decreases yield? I always thought it was important to train the girls to grow a certain way??? Even in regular rooms you may need to weave it a certain way for light to enter.

Thanks in advance

Bending the branches out using an inner cage created some sort of stress and made the node spacing almost double and the branches themselves were half the size (girth) or smaller than untrained plants, but about 12" - 24" longer. The overall growth was very lanky and kind of had an untamed feel. No large colas and a ton of hash material. Roughly a 2lb loss per plant :(

My current run I am using the same nutrient schedule as when I trained branches down and same set up and lighting only difference is I'm back to just letting these plants to grow and now once again they are robust and full the stems are so thick and stiff and the bud sites are coming in much tighter and about a week and a half sooner than the trained plants. I will never again try to make a plant do what it doesn't want too. Again this system is about a stress free environment.

T

tedsprogz

using vert bulbs changes the angle that light hits the plants. the tomato cages are not for pulling branches thru but for keeping the branches growing up instead of toward the light. If the branch is pulled thru it would be the equivalent of not lst'ing or scrog on a horizontal light. in other words everything is flipped 90 degrees. where laying your plants horizontally is the way to go for horizontal bulbs, its also better for the plants to be vertical when the lights are.

Top Bottom