It's All About The Cheese

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Email from Gorilla this morning....

Say Cheese! Oops, I Meant Mozzarella ā€¦.
Big Buddha Seeds is committed to preserving original cannabis genetics & putting a stop to piracy, theft & fraud - at least where Cheese is concerned.

It was a long, hard fight, but Big Buddha was just awarded a trademark on Cheese that says he's the one & only breeder allowed to use that name. Everyone else must either stop selling their versions of Cheese or rename them.

Next time you're in the market for Cheese, you may not find a single bean outside the Big Buddha catalog. The selection will definitely be slim, but at least you will know that you're getting exactly what was promised as you become a part of the movement to preserve the very best cannabis genetics.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What a hack! You didn't invent shit Big Buddha. You used other people's work to get where you are. God created the potential of plants, and nobody should be able to patent a plant. Jesh, the corruption. You work for Monsanto Big Buddha?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Fuck big Buddha! He's a fucking drunk and his seeds hav gone to shit in recent years. I am going to name everything cheese, because his patten means shit in the states where weed is still federally illegal.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Actually the name CHEESE is not an original from Big Buddha...lol CHEESE has been around long before cannabis growers.
US cant even get a trademark or patent of the plant 'cannabis' because its a plant.
So whoopee Big Buddha got the name cheese...so? Too many ppl claiming they have the best or original is such a sad situation. Welcome to the world of laws and contracts and trademarks and patents and RED TAPE. Did I mention greed? Now that cannabis is favorably legal everyone wants the exclusive corner of the market. Welcome to ECONOMICS.
I choose to keep it simple...if I like it I will buy or grow it. If someone tells me I cant name it CHEESE...I say kiss my ass and MAKE me change it. :D...lol

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
[QUOTE
I got a shit load of seeds thus ruining a medical crop due to big Buddha's hermie bullshit! Boo I say to you sir. you and anyone who supports this type of bs is lamer than big budda and the judge he had to blow to get that decision awarded..take your hermie cheese and stick it being greedy and a little petty deuche like that will get your entire company and anyone who affiliates with u boycotted in my neck of the woods do you'll have all the cheese your petty ass can handle.good day sir:)

Love the comments - I'm forwarding this to management.
I told them there'd be a huge segment of growers who hate this idea.

Sherry

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I'm beginning to think this fella is just a troll to see you all get a rise from this.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'm beginning to think this fella is just a troll to see you all get a rise from this.
No he's not joking, there is a link above to the uk patten office and he has tried to trademark all his strains. I notice that "cheese" is not trademarked, "100percent cheese" is the trademark. He does have Girl Scout cookies registered too, but again this means nothing in the states but does show the intentions of milo and it's a bummer. He deserves to lose his business. Years ago he was doing legit seeds but everything recently has been some bullshit, all of the last pack of blue cheese I bought was just a hermie haze, no cheese at all.

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Please do sherry! If he was my/our type of growe and he did "invent" cheese (**fakecough****muffled bullshit**) he should be happy/content on knowing he made a great contribution to our industry/society/med patients etc and that's cool..but #1 he didn't #2 his "cheese" are actually inferior to others I've grown#3 his ruined my med crops thus providing my patients some undergoing chemo with subpar medicine #4 an the most scumbag move of all showed his true colors an that his real goal is not to better our beloved plant but to line his little greedy hermaphrodite filled pockets.booooooooo if he really makes a big stink about it ill personally tell every grower I know or meet to avoid him like rotten cheese. And Mr budda..pun was definitely intended an u earned it lol..getem sherry:)

I did pass it on.

To be honest, I can see protecting your work if you are the original breeder and I, personally, have had really good luck with his Blue Cheese. I've had Grand Daddy Purps seeds hermie on me and Barney's, but no problem from Blue Cheese so far.

It's just ridiculous to me to trademark Cheese or Girl Scout Cookies because everyone knows the cut story on both of them.

Sherry

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
No he's not joking, there is a link above to the uk patten office and he has tried to trademark all his strains. I notice that "cheese" is not trademarked, "100percent cheese" is the trademark. He does have Girl Scout cookies registered too, but again this means nothing in the states but does show the intentions of milo and it's a bummer. He deserves to lose his business. Years ago he was doing legit seeds but everything recently has been some bullshit, all of the last pack of blue cheese I bought was just a hermie haze, no cheese at all.

Just plain "Cheese" has been registered even if it's not showing on that site.
We've been given notice that breeders will be changing names - I've heard, but haven't confirmed, that G13 Labs changed their Cheese to Mozzarella already.

Sherry

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter

I thought they were full of sh*t too when I first heard it - made them show me the registration.

In the States, I think Cheese would be way too genetic to get pushed through. My guess is that maybe there was a little bribery involved in some of these - but that's all conjecture.

Sherry

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Actually the name CHEESE is not an original from Big Buddha...lol CHEESE has been around long before cannabis growers.
US cant even get a trademark or patent of the plant 'cannabis' because its a plant.
So whoopee Big Buddha got the name cheese...so? Too many ppl claiming they have the best or original is such a sad situation. Welcome to the world of laws and contracts and trademarks and patents and RED TAPE. Did I mention greed? Now that cannabis is favorably legal everyone wants the exclusive corner of the market. Welcome to ECONOMICS.
I choose to keep it simple...if I like it I will buy or grow it. If someone tells me I cant name it CHEESE...I say kiss my ass and MAKE me change it. :D...lol
Sorry to be a nit:
https://sites.google.com/site/6630507/

Latest posts

Top Bottom