Its been tough restarting, but I think I am finally going to get a harvest!

• Thread starter Thatgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thatgirl

Early last year my father, who has always taken care of everything, fell ill, it was terminal. My mom has her fair share of health problems too. So the upkeep and labor on everything has fell on my shoulders. My father has some big shoulders I tell you. Last fall my grow was plagued with PM. I tore everything down, rebuilt and started new. I didn't actually get anything in the new room until well after the new year. My father died, and then it seemed like everything went to shit. My first go hermied and seeded like crazy. I cut my losses and chopped it down. Now my 2nd run is about to come down in 2 weeks max. It hermied and seeded a little, nowhere near like the first run. I am not dialed in yet, and this strain must be sensitive as hell. It is looking absolutely beautiful anyway though. I have been flushing a week already, and had to cut a smaller branch off yesterday. From what I can tell the little seeds are just shrinking and hopefully will just turn into nothingness. I am seeing a little hope in things now, as long as I can keep it together these next 2 weeks at least things in there should be absolutely wonderful!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
as long as I can keep it together these next 2 weeks at least things in there should be absolutely wonderful!

We ALL know that feeling! You're in the home stretch now sister. Make it happen!

outwest

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

If you get to the point where you are comfortable enough to share some pics of your setup with us, maybe we can assess why your plants are going herm in the first place. When growing medicine, herm obviously isnt ideal. Many people hate the herm, they are not comfortable with they're sexuality and being both really freaks some people out, they dont know if they are supposed to be horny or horrified. IMO herms are awesome strong plants with a will to live on to the next generation, but the medicine is not that great if its full of a bunch of male flowers and under delveloped seeds. If you've already been flushing for a week and you say you have two more weeks to go, thats a lot of flushing. Whatever happens, your going to have the greatest medicine on the planet, your own. Nothing beats true homegrown.

dirk d

dirk d

sorry to hear about your loss girl. But tell us about your environment and we can help you "dial" in your operation. How many plants are you growing? what's your temp's and humidity??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am very saddened to read of your father's passing, and so extend my deepest sympathies.

I got the impression from some of your previous posts that you have a good idea of what you're doing with regard to cultivation. So I'll just say to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take it day by day, and before you know it those two weeks will have passed.

T

Thatgirl

Thanks everyone. Its so damn hard going it alone like this! My father had been doing this his whole life, and he had ALL the answers and fixes for everything.

Thank you outwest! Yeah, just a little longer! :)

Oregon Panda yeah I started flushing a little early somewhat out of frustration, because I was thinking I would chop it down a little early. Howerver its looking like the little tiny seeds aren't really doing anything, so I think it will get to go its full time. I hope! Its so, so pretty, I barely need my scope anymore to get a good look at the trichs, its just crystals upon crystals Lol. Like you said, even if it turns out to suck, at the very least I will have some stoney medicine for myself lol. However, I think after the last run of this strain comes up, that will be the last I grow it.

Dankworth horrified at what? Me? My seedy grow? Or just my shitty luck? Lol.

Dirk D Its just been one thing after another in the room. First it was WAY TOO HUMID, like in the 80s, so I got a dehumidifier. THings were great! THen soon after that the weather turned to summer, and it was WAY TOO HOT in there, and the humidity went way too low! I am sure the heat and super low humidity is what triggered the hermie happenings. Cash has been tight, but I have some lumber and other supplies I need to return to the supply store, and then will use the return money to get an AC and humidifier. I think after I get those last 2 things in there, I will be able to dial it in nice and perfect! Luckily the weather has mellowed out some, things are at good levels in there right now, and I will be getting the AC and humidifier next week, just in time for the weather to get summery again.

Seamaiden thank you. I get to feeling all confident and cocky about stuff, and then I get a little slap down from the universe Lol. Its all good though. I know nothing really will go wrong in the next couple weeks, but damn when luck gets down on ya, its hard to not feel a little wary Lol.

Thanks again everyone. Like I said, its been real tough going this alone. THis forum has been HUGELY helpful in so many ways!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You are on the right path sister. We all have to start somewhere. I can guarantee you that whatever you put into this community you will get back 10x in knowledge, support, and camaraderie. Simply put, you are not alone. The farm's got your back!

outwest

dankworth

dankworth

Thanks everyone. Its so damn hard going it alone like this! My father had been doing this his whole life, and he had ALL the answers and fixes for everything.

Thank you outwest! Yeah, just a little longer! :)

Oregon Panda yeah I started flushing a little early somewhat out of frustration, because I was thinking I would chop it down a little early. Howerver its looking like the little tiny seeds aren't really doing anything, so I think it will get to go its full time. I hope! Its so, so pretty, I barely need my scope anymore to get a good look at the trichs, its just crystals upon crystals Lol. Like you said, even if it turns out to suck, at the very least I will have some stoney medicine for myself lol. However, I think after the last run of this strain comes up, that will be the last I grow it.

Dankworth horrified at what? Me? My seedy grow? Or just my shitty luck? Lol.

Dirk D Its just been one thing after another in the room. First it was WAY TOO HUMID, like in the 80s, so I got a dehumidifier. THings were great! THen soon after that the weather turned to summer, and it was WAY TOO HOT in there, and the humidity went way too low! I am sure the heat and super low humidity is what triggered the hermie happenings. Cash has been tight, but I have some lumber and other supplies I need to return to the supply store, and then will use the return money to get an AC and humidifier. I think after I get those last 2 things in there, I will be able to dial it in nice and perfect! Luckily the weather has mellowed out some, things are at good levels in there right now, and I will be getting the AC and humidifier next week, just in time for the weather to get summery again.

Seamaiden thank you. I get to feeling all confident and cocky about stuff, and then I get a little slap down from the universe Lol. Its all good though. I know nothing really will go wrong in the next couple weeks, but damn when luck gets down on ya, its hard to not feel a little wary Lol.

Thanks again everyone. Like I said, its been real tough going this alone. THis forum has been HUGELY helpful in so many ways!
It was the question of whether someone should be horny or horrified about hermaphroditism lol. I should have clarified, I was all baked when I saw that and I was all "dude! horrified!"
I have never had a serious herm event in my garden, I feel very fortunate.
My condolences on the passing of your father, as well as all the recent challenges you have had to overcome.
Trying to set up a correct environment, sealed room, ability to fight heat/humidity, etc, took so long. But it is so worth it in the end to be able to work with picky or sensitive strains.
Does the strain have chem lineage? Chem, OG, Sour? Those are known to have herm tendencies under stress.

T

Thatgirl

Oh hahaha :)

I have been told this strain has tendencies to herm when stressed, not by the source I got it from of course, but so often we learn things after the fact anyway Lol.

The branch I cut the other day is drying nicely. I had to cut another one tonight too. Its getting such a good stink to it! :D

entropy99

entropy99

Good luck Thatgirl, sounds like you're on the home run. My condolences for your losses, I hope things pick up for you soon.

T

Thatgirl

Thank you.

And ETA, just had to take a toke off the branch I cut first. Damn, I am sitting here patting myself on the back :D Cant taste the little seeds at all, and even for being a bit immature, its still totally chronic! :)

dirk d

dirk d

Ah i love that first toke of your own home grown bud. doesn't even matter how crappy it is because YOU grew it! lol. I still remember my first toke of my super lemon haze lol. I loved it! it was a crappy grow though and now my super lemon haze even purples! lol and such deep deep lemon smells.

I started growing with a 5 pack of fem seeds and a 2' 1 bulb T5. Environment Control is key to growing dank. You will definitely need some basic gear. I would recommend you get an AC right away and then hold off on the humidifier. I would rather you get some wall fans to circulate some air. Just imagine yourself in a small room with no air movement. How long would you last?? I like the Air Kings. cost a bit more but quality is great.

As far as a humidifier goes, it's a good thing to have(as long as you have a digital RH control) but the plants will supply all the humidity they will need once your environment is dialed in.

couple questions -- are you growing in soil?? if not what medium. How many plants do you have? the strain you have now did you start it from seed or was it a clone? and what strain is it?

I started my operation with nothing but the last $100 that i had lol. I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions. good luck on your journey.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I too, am sorry for your loss Girl.
Im sure you will make your dad proud! :)

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss Tgirl, don't let it get you down. I'm sure he would've wanted to see you keep moving on. Things can be frustrating when they are not going your way, but it can be hugely therapeautic when your plants are responding well to your green thumb. What are your temps? what are you growing out of? Some pics would be nice to help us diagnose the hermie issue. Any way keep your head up and keep it green.

T

Thatgirl

Ok, well, after reading another thread on here, I know I am an idiot!! But its OK, I was an idiot in a good way! I did not know that inside happy, healthy, normal calyx, grows these little nodes of vegetation, that just dry up and wither away after harvest. Yes, this strain throws a few nanners, but thank god nothing actually went to seed! I am about 5-7 days from take down, and OMFG its looking SO amazing! I dont know why I feel paranoid about taking photos of my indoor grow, but I am, but I just might have to take a photo of a top cola to share :)

sdgrower

sdgrower

Sorry to hear about your loss Thatgirl. Glad to hear that you are in the home stretch and will be smoking your own in no time. Good luck

T

Thatgirl

Thank you guys. I am feeling pretty darn good about things again :)( Been smoking on my immaturely cut herb for a week now. YUM. Doesn't have that super great taste because its immature, but its super stony. Hell its a lot nicer then some of the stuff I had been buying in the 6 months that I havnt had my own, and I already have some people picking my immature herb over the regular, can't really get better compliments then that :) I've got 5-6 days till the rest comes down, as fully done. Talk about dense, huge, stinky bugs! Photo is from 5 days ago :)

IMG 5819
ttystikk

ttystikk

Judging by the pic, your dad would be proud. The best way to honor the memory of loved ones is to keep up the good work in whatever you do. Looks like you're on the right track to me.

Top Bottom