It's election year and time for a big change!

• Thread starter Darth Schwag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Schwag

Darth Schwag

Hi Folks,

As you well know, it's election year and every politician that draws breath is wanting your vote. If you're like me you're hoping this Neanderthal prohibition policy gets rolled back or at least severely curtailed. I believe we may finally have the numbers to effect this change or at least scare the heck out of the politicians. Americans don't get to pick the politicians we have to vote for; That has been usurped by the mainstream media. And what a bunch of turds they picked for us this time! Neither do we have the reasonable expectation that we can fire the bums when they screw up (remember Bill Clinton's impeachment?). What we do have is the ability to hire the politicians that we think will do the job. I have been listening to the politicians lately and there are quite a few that are ready to act on Cannabis Reform.

There are two things going in our favor: 1) We have huge numbers of voters that want this policy aborted. 2) The media is in our corner because we are so concerned about this issue. I say we turn these to our advantage. Get the media to find out who the Cannabis frendly/neutral candidates are at the state and federal levels so we can vote for them. Get out there and cast your votes for the candidates that will support this issue.

Nothing i know of scares a politician more than not knowing how an election is gonna turn out based on a "fringe" issue. But if we do this right, they'll never blow the issue off again. I'd say it's a fair bet that Obama and Romney are completely in bed with Big Pharma and Paramilitary Police organizations; So let's vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or nobody at all. On the local levels, if you have politicians that you know are for Cannabis, by all means vote for them.

It is time to bring this issue to the forefront and push like all hell, pardon my language.

Thank you for taking the time to read this; Now let's get the word out!!!

~DS~

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I was discussing this topic with a buddy from a generational perspective. . .His feeling is that as baby boomers age resistance to cannabis prohibition will fade. Let's hope so.

outwest

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Honestly outwest i think the boomers are mostly pro cannabis,its the generation before them that have the brainwashed reefer madness mentality and they are fading away every day as are the rest of us.Sometimes i trip out when i go to get my rec renewed though as in my area id say 60% or more of the peeps waiting to see the doc are 60+ years old,my assumption has been that the older folks are discovering the true medicinal value of the plant and can then do away with many of the detrimental,expensive and bad for you prescription drugs out there that they cannot afford.

Darth Schwag

Darth Schwag

Oh Lordy yes! Elders have an abundance of aches and pains. 2 puffs off some good Indica and they are believers for life. Surprisingly, a lot of younger peeps are anti cannabis. I think what we're seeing right now with the dispensary shutdowns and mass busts is reactionary political posturing. Election year stress brings on this two faced approach. Let's get some good people in the legislative and judicial offices of state and federal govt. and i believe we'll start seeing more progress towards our goals.

Top Bottom