It's not just humans got a grow op goin on!!!

• Thread starter Liberanos5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Its alive! Its alive!!

How about ants that farm fungus. Leaf cutter ants chop down the leaves, bring them back home and they become food and fodder for the fungus cultures.

L

Liberanos5

Is that alive still, or is it being broken down and used by plants?
That hermit crab is actually alive and well in his "shell" a vacant snail shell that he has moved into, as is the practice of all hermit crabs. The shell it coverecd with sediment and tiny plants. The plants are rooted to that sediment. When I carefully placed him back on the sand he "beat feet" back to the sea.

L

Liberanos5

There are actually crabs that are called "decorator crabs" that often have a small sponge growing on their shell and they actually put things onto their shell to act as camoflage. I once saw a plastic "spork" (plastic is the devil) on one. Sea urchines do a similar thing. If Seamaiden reads this I'm sure she'll ratify it..........

L

Liberanos5

Its alive! Its alive!!

How about ants that farm fungus. Leaf cutter ants chop down the leaves, bring them back home and they become food and fodder for the fungus cultures.
Bees are the critters I find most fascinating. If nature ever want to wipe out the human race melting of the polar ice caps and "perfect storms" and all that drama from which Hollywood makes movies wont be necessary. All she has to to do wipe out most of the bees.................then we dont eat!!!!! P.S Bees are in deep shit RIGHT NOW!!!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Bees are the critters I find most fascinating. If nature ever want to wipe out the human race melting of the polar ice caps and "perfect storms" and all that drama from which Hollywood makes movies wont be necessary. All she has to to do wipe out most of the bees.................then we dont eat!!!!! P.S Bees are in deep shit RIGHT NOW!!!

Yes they are and it is a huge problem. However losing the bees will not totally destroy humanity. Think about this, as humans who want new varieties of cannabis we force pollination between plants, we can do this on any plant we want, therefor we will still have food. We may also end up with some genius mechanical bee to do the pollinating. But I do hear you, without the bees we definitely face major challenges.

Top Bottom