Its Tax time. Here is a story about massive fraud that will boil your blood.

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Are we not all immigrants? I guess that it is pretty easy to forget about our Native brothers and sisters, with the concrete jungle that we have created. Who is to say, which ones are legal or not? I, sure as hell, will not. I would call it our forefather's fault. Blame them, for creating the "land of the free", in the first place. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Cort

Cort

I dont care about them being immigrants. Ill hold my tongue on them being illegal.

Id have a major problem with anyone, citizen or not, committing major tax fraud with impunity. If joe blow down the street were claiming 9 kids he didnt have and getting 20k a year in returns Id be upset too.

That being said, I am most pissed about the IRS knowing of the fraud, being warned of the fraud by tax preparers and the agency who watches over the IRS, and nothing is done about it.

If all you took from the story was there were illegals in the country, so be it.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I agree, with that whole statement; to act like illegal immigrants, are the only ones breaking the law, though... I say bring down the fascist pigs, in the first place. Obviously, the IRS does not care. Thankfully, Cort, does. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

squiggly

squiggly

That being said, I am most pissed about the IRS knowing of the fraud, being warned of the fraud by tax preparers and the agency who watches over the IRS, and nothing is done about it.

If all you took from the story was there were illegals in the country, so be it.

It's a "through the cracks" type of thing.

We save more money when they focus on other things. The problem is that you don't want to spend all of your money trying to keep people from stealing your money.

We only have so many IRS agents--and we'd need a lot more to catch every instance of fraud, even the crap we know about.

Its been estimated that to catch every instance of fraud it would required nearly a 100% tax rate to hire all the agents we'd need.

It's not an excuse for this behavior, which is obviously deplorable, but the IRS isn't filled with a bunch of Jesus Christs. They can't do it all, even if we wish they could.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's amazing after viewing the video that taxpreparers would even do the returns for illegal immigrants with an ITIN, according to the IRS as long as I have been an enrolled agent and preparer ITIN are only to report income from illegal immigrants not to file returns but only to pay taxes while working in the US. If a return is allowed under the ITIN number it is only for person working and US dependent children and it has to be a biological child, not nephew, niece,etc. So, where this problem falls is that there are preparers illegally filing returns, if you go on turbo tax, taxslayer, H&R Block you will not be allowed to claim a niece, nephew only your own children with a valid social security number. So these immigrants are going to a taxpreparer who files them by mail. There is no efile system that will allow this, it prevents this from happening. Where is the problem and fraud really occurring?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

As an enrolled agent for IRS I will say this squiggly, it's not the amount of employees needed to fulfill the task at hand it the number of employees that don't like their job and could careless who burns the IRS, I was also an auditor for 2 years for the IRS and I over seen operations and I personally replaced 24 employees who could careless with those who cared enough about their job to do the job right. I have over 350 clients and growing and I have always made it a point to be fair with credits deserved and earned and I have also turned many away who show unethical behavior from the beginning. My company is not to cheat the government but to give taxpayers the credits and deductions they were not aware they were entitled to or even getting less refunds by less experience tax preparers.

squiggly

squiggly

As an enrolled agent for IRS I will say this squiggly, it's not the amount of employees needed to fulfill the task at hand it the number of employees that don't like their job and could careless who burns the IRS, I was also an auditor for 2 years for the IRS and I over seen operations and I personally replaced 24 employees who could careless with those who cared enough about their job to do the job right. I have over 350 clients and growing and I have always made it a point to be fair with credits deserved and earned and I have also turned many away who show unethical behavior from the beginning. My company is not to cheat the government but to give taxpayers the credits and deductions they were not aware they were entitled to or even getting less refunds by less experience tax preparers.

I'll defer to your expertise--but at the same time I must insist that it's both, even if what you're suggesting is the major problem. As I said it has been suggested by academic study and statisticians (who despite their bad wrap get things right about 90% of the time--there's a joke in here somewhere) that we'd need nearly a 100% tax burden to catch everything.

It's not because everyone is a dick about their taxes--but for as many people as do the wrong thing on them on purpose profit there are equally as many people who screw the government without even meaning to because they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Cort

Cort

Guess you're right. whats 4.2b here 4.2b there

FYI, the entire enforcement division's budget of the IRS for 2013 is 5.7b
Overall budget for the entire IRS was 12.7b

I think stopping this would pay for itself to put a man in the corner of a broom closet and review any return with a EIN

:edit: heck, give me the job, I'd do it on commission.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Guess you're right. whats 4.2b here 4.2b there

FYI, the entire enforcement division's budget of the IRS for 2013 is 5.7b
Overall budget for the entire IRS was 12.7b

I think stopping this would pay for itself to put a man in the corner of a broom closet and review any return with a EIN

:edit: heck, give me the job, I'd do it on commission.
EIN and ITIN two very different numbers and topics.

Squiggly:
I agree, no one is perfect, and everyone involved with taxes should pay closer attention. Those who do their taxes on their own, good luck.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh, didn't the last thread we had on this subject matter turn to shit? In fact, that thread resulted in a private exchange between myself and Dirty White Boy (y'all still remember him, right?).

Corporations in this country are allowed to advertise in other countries enticing workers to come here, ostensibly legally. They then transport those people here to the US. They then 'sacrifice' some of those workers to INS (no longer INS, but that's still how I think of Immigration) for the photo ops and media stories that will then depict INS as being tough on illegal immigration. Yet, they are all in on it, too.

Stop hating on those poor people who only want a fucking job, to fucking work and to fucking support their families. If you have a problem with the level of power American corps have, then VOTE, ACT, get out there and do something, but please, stop hating on people who only want to work and aren't asking for a hand-out.

squiggly

squiggly

Stop hating on those poor people who only want a fucking job, to fucking work and to fucking support their families. If you have a problem with the level of power American corps have, then VOTE, ACT, get out there and do something, but please, stop hating on people who only want to work and aren't asking for a hand-out.

As a dude who has worked along side illegals before--I couldn't like this post any faster or more if I was Mexican superman.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

As a dude who has worked along side illegals before--I couldn't like this post any faster or more if I was Mexican superman.
I so f'n agree Squiggly but just like any rotten apple the Undocumented workers who give the others a bad name are the ones who dont get returns but get away with claiming so many dependants that hardly anything is taken out for taxes........this is me caveman with an opinion my wife is the IRS expert im just an administrator, but when i worked for and with undocumented workers every summer of college then a year stretch after that i learned that most if not all at the Slaughter houses i worked at did this...........
I come from the ranch class of Mexican Immigrants and i have lived it from birth so ive seen plenty on both sides and it always comes down to Are we living in a different america? Yes. Do we want to live in the old america? who says,
Quotable Quote

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Are actions say no
Uh, didn't the last thread we had on this subject matter turn to shit? In fact, that thread resulted in a private exchange between myself and Dirty White Boy (y'all still remember him, right?).

Corporations in this country are allowed to advertise in other countries enticing workers to come here, ostensibly legally. They then transport those people here to the US. They then 'sacrifice' some of those workers to INS (no longer INS, but that's still how I think of Immigration) for the photo ops and media stories that will then depict INS as being tough on illegal immigration. Yet, they are all in on it, too.

Moderator,
I don't think you watch the video or your interpretation is on left field. Let me make it clear, the Video was showing immigrants with an ITIN number working in the US (Nothing wrong with that), however when claiming a return they want to claim nephews, nieces, etc who live in Mexico not the us(Very Wrong) I'm going to go as far as saying that what your are claiming and what the video fact's, are day and night. No one is hating on your ancestors and my ancestors or our culture, this is causing a mess for those IMMIGRANTS WHO RIGHTFULLY DESERVE IT BECAUSE OTHERS ABUSE THE SYSTEM. As Squiggly would say, "STAY FOCUSED ON THE CURRENT TREAD".. LMAO
MARIE​

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Correct, I did not watch the video, and I remember the last thread we had on this. I have read and seen documentation that shows that many of these corps are bringing people over and basically showing them the ropes. They sacrifice a few to immigration.

Are we all really all that mad about their tax claims, really? We're getting ready to do our taxes and you'd better believe that we're doing our best to keep as much of our own hard-earned in our pockets as possible. I have far less of a problem with that, than something like Castro emptying out his prisons and sending them to the U.S. I am happy to accept "immigrants," I just want them to be contributors to our society. Those my family has helped have gone on to become citizens, vote, have businesses, etc. They are contributors.

I'll go watch the video now, but I already believe this thread is going to go to hell just like the last one on this same subject did.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So... who are we mad at? The IRS for setting up the rules the way they are, or the undocumented workers who are using the rules set up for them? If you could do it, wouldn't you? I would.

Cort

Cort

So... who are we mad at? The IRS for setting up the rules the way they are, or the undocumented workers who are using the rules set up for them? If you could do it, wouldn't you? I would.
The IRS and Congress. Illegals are a distant 3rd in this.

The IRS is aware of 4.2 billion dollars a year in fraud and refuses to do anything about it.

There is a fraud going on that, if eliminated, alone would pay for about 1/4 of the entire IRS's annual budget.

Yall going off on a pro illegal alien tangent need to whip back around and watch the video

Top Bottom