It's "tea Time" Boyz N Gurlz

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Great pdf file on all things compost tea. Ratio mixes, disease suppression research and a host of other goodies concerning the TEA all farmers love but wouldn't drink. :puke: Oh guess what? Plants love to drink it tho. :) Put together in partnership with SARE ( sustainable agriculture research and education)

Here is the index I am just providing the link download and read at your leisure!!!

The work was done in the tropics but dont let that throw you the tidbits and information are relevent no matter where you brew and use your tea's. Brew your gurlz some tea, they will love you for it and wrap you in sticky dank goodness.!!!!

Table of Contents
Introduction .............................................................................................................. 7
I. Selecting High Quality Compost .......................................................... 9
Compost Maturity 9
Types of compost 11
Why is vermicompost so great? 12
Meeting organic standards 14
II. Compost Tea Production .........................................................................19
Extraction methods 19
Ratio of compost to Water 22
Brewing (extraction) period 24
III. Using Compost Tea to Increase Plant Growth and Quality ....27
Biochemical properties of compost tea 30
Nutritional quality of crop 32
Soil biological properties 34
IV. Suppression of Arthropod Pests and Diseases
Using Vermicompost Teas ........................................................41
Suppression of root pathogens ............................................42
Suppression of folial pathogens ...........................................44
Suppression of arthropod pests ...........................................45
Mechanisms of Suppression ............................................52
VI. History, Trends, and Outlook; An Industry Perspective ...........56
Markets ................................................................................62
Application methods .............................................................63
Future outlook ......................................................................64
Appendix ..................................................................................................................66
References ...........................................................................68
Suppliers ..............................................................................69
Index ............................................................................ 70

Here is the link for entire doc. Enjoy you filthy dirt baggers. .....LMAO

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The SARE program is really fantastic, isn't it? AND they give grants!

AND I just read a thing the other day by an arborist/rose guy about using worm casting tea on pine bark beetle-affected pines. How's THAT grab ya?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The SARE program is really fantastic, isn't it? AND they give grants!

AND I just read a thing the other day by an arborist/rose guy about using worm casting tea on pine bark beetle-affected pines. How's THAT grab ya?
Wow very nice, is there anything conclusive that it indeed works on the pine beetle.? Good to see you my fishie friend. :)

Top Bottom