I've Posted His In The Introduce Yourself Lol

• Thread starter Newbie83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie83

hello all

I'm 16 days into my very first grow and I went for DWC, which seemed logical due to transferable skills. I have a 600w hps 60cm away from the canopy in a 1.2x1.2x2.0m tent. I've started small as this is going to be my trial run with just 2 plants. I chose blue cheese and OG Kush, maybe should of stuck with one strain (especially as the kush has given me shit). My first question is when should I move my light higher? the blue is the bigger plant of the two, due to the Kush giving me trouble. It's now looking about a week behind the blue even though they were only planted a couple of days apart. Just worrying I might be over cooking the blue, but am not seeing any signs of stress yet. I do have untrained eyes though. in the photo one leaf looks like it has a yellow tip but it's just the lighting.

Ive posted his in the introduce yourself lol
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm!

It's difficult to say when to move the light higher when I'm kinda feeling like it needs to be pushed down over 'em a little bit, but that's only from where I'm sitting here. I'm not surprised that you're observing such widely differing growth rates, you're correct, you may have been better off sticking with one strain. But it's popped and you don't want to just kill it for convenience!

I think you're going to have to do a combination of holding the BC back and letting the Kush catch up here. Both look fine from where I'm sitting, but, depending on the lighting, you may want to drop it a little tighter over them both. Light drives the whole train, so.. yeah.

N

Newbie83

Thanks man I raised it this morning only by a couple inches as the temp was getting quite high and more of the leaves had started curling under. Checked again this afternoon and the 2 outside fingers on the 3 fingered fan leaves where reaching up on the BC which made me lower it back down a little. The curling didn't seem as bad. There's no fear of me culling the kush as it's been a good learning experience, and the plan is to hold the BC in veg for an extra week depending on how the rest of the grow goes. Image from this morning I'll post this afternoons in next post.

IMG 2107
N

Newbie83

Thanks man I raised it this morning only by a couple inches as the temp was getting quite high and more of the leaves had started curling under. Checked again this afternoon and the 2 outside fingers on the 3 fingered fan leaves where reaching up on the BC which made me lower it back down a little. The curling didn't seem as bad. There's no fear of me culling the kush as it's been a good learning experience, and the plan is to hold the BC in veg for an extra week depending on how the rest of the grow goes. Image from this morning I'll post this afternoons in next post.
This is the kush sorry

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, you need to learn what vapor pressure deficit is and how it works. :)

Top Bottom