• Tagged users None
Zebedaay

Zebedaay

Jack haze clones struggling in dwc
Jack haze clones struggling in dwc 2
Jack haze clones struggling in dwc 3
Jack haze clones struggling in dwc 2
Jack haze clones struggling in dwc
Hello I'm new to this forum and have never used one before, always made my own way and learnt from my mistakes or experiments.

I got 8 Pepper Jack Haze clones from a good source. It's just something I wanted to try...

Unfortunately the donors were in flower well about 4 weeks and clones looked like poorly girls when I took them, they'd been rooted in peat plugs. I binned 5 within a day and popped the others in spare DWC buckets to see what they did? They transplanted well and now have good solid roots.

The result so far though is rubbish basically! I've had a real challenge just keeping them alive, in fact I'm considering repotting them in 60/40 coco n pebbles to try get a nice mother going but they should be growing better than this in dwc? They live under a 600w dual spec lamp cool tube but no fan, 25c and 50% RH (lower sometimes and think here is one of the problems) the rooms got plenty of air movement as its 3.8 X 2m with 2 oscillating fans. Thermostat controlled 10" outlet with 10">6" inlet from outdoors on lowest setting 24/7. This is possibly no good as the air is dry in the winter so looking at a change here from a room indoors?

Basically I kind of know a little bit and have plenty of experience with soil, NFT and coco/drips, I know DWC is a pain for starts but when PH is good, EC is .8 Canna Aqua-Vega with Botanicare Calmag everything calibrated regularly and my skunk #2 Blue Cheese look fine in my wilma in same room? I honestly don't why I'm losing it! But this is getting ridiculously tedious!

The tap water is 300ppm and the rest of my nutrient is the other 500!
The problems are purple stems, weak growth that looks woody? Dry?mature? Skinny new leaves, tips browning or drooping, I've checked them everyday and never neglected them once! The bucket temps are ok 21c tops with an average of 19.6c mega aeration provided with a decent pump & 6" air discs. My roots are dropping down into nutrient which is 10 litres in 20 litre buckets. I did have Ph problems using some shitty Dutch Pro Hydro AB but now sorted with canna and silica. They've been flushing for a week and just not taking any nutrient at all? The leaves are still showing 3 fingers even after 6-7 weeks! Shall I just admit defeat and bin them? Not sure about uploading pics as it shows the location I'm told? But if the Feds want to come arrest me for like a bit of personal and a great hobby I suppose it just shows their obviously doing their jobs because they've no real criminals to go catch

Jack haze clones struggling in dwc 4
Zebedaay

Zebedaay

I'm assuming its root rot btw although the colour could be the calmag plus and AB Which are both slightly pinky brown? The stem looks manky near the base and is better in the picture than a week ago. There isn't any slime whatsoever and roots feel tough? I've uploaded a better picture of my seedling which is only 10 days old. I'm thinking the environment is good enough?

G

gonegrowin

your tap water at 300ppm locking out a whole bunch of nutes. plants are doing fine before they hit the water, imo the clay is absorbing some of the crap in the water. before the roots do.

your first picture, you can see the margins between the leaves are light, and the stems are purple. mag lock out.
let your tap water sit for 48h before feeding with a bubbler in it.
RO water is the best thing.

just repeating what i have read on this forum!

Last edited:
Top Bottom