Jack Herer Runt

• Thread starter 6gears1speed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
6gears1speed

6gears1speed

I was given the JH plant below and it needs help. I received it in a tiny pot and replanted it into a 1g pot. When I removed the plant from the small pot I noticed that the roots were not well formed. Odd since it is marked 3/30 making it 5 weeks old!

I replanted into pro mix, coconut coir and mixed some bone meal and a touch of Epsom salt. I also sprayed it with Jack's classic 20 20 20. It has perked up since yesterday. The leaves were drooping but they are starting to perk up and reach for light. The leaves are very thin and not well formed. New growth shows only one center leaf with a tiny bottom leaf. Ive never seen this before. Old leaves are not well formed but I would think that new growth would have all leaf blades.

Im hoping to get some cuttings off of it but as I understand, JH doesn't have a lot of side growth. I've also read that many people put JH directly into 12 12 to grow best.

What do you make of this runty malformed plant? Is it worth putting time into it and do you have tips on how to kick start it?

Thanks

Jack herer runt

Jack herer runt 2
Jack herer runt 3

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I bought some Jack Herer seeds about a year ago and one of them did the same thing to me...I mean it looks identical. For a while, I was getting 3 splits whenever the plant was pinched or branched, instead of the normal 2. It was also 20% the size of the others, and sat for a few weeks before it finally started to grow. I threw it into the "freak" bucket, where runts, funky, and odd plants go together. The seeds came from England somewhere. I have another that is a confirmed female, so at least I didn't strike out totally. The one that you have, however, sounds like the one I have's twin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom