Jack Hydro Recommendation

• Thread starter Sgrowdum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sgrowdum

Hey guys looking for some help if you care to chime in. After reading all the success people have had with Jacks and how cheap it is I think I'm going to give it a try. I've read a lot of different opinions and it seems like everyone has their own recipe. I would like to keep this as simple as possible. I have always used the basic 3 part hydro nutes like BC grow etc. and never really had any problems with it. I'm relocating to place where nutes are not easy to find and expensive so before I leave I'd like to stock up and throw them in my shipping container.

I will be running a Ebb and flow bucket system with Hydroton. I will likely be using city water (200ppm) what do you guys think i should buy? Looking for at least a years supply (3 DE light setup 55 gallon res. 18 plants running year round) I'm all ears.

S

Sgrowdum

Full disclosure I know nothing in regards to nutrients. I plan to crawl down that rabbit hole in the future but for now need something that works well.

S

Sgrowdum

Crickets in here.. I just picked up the 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 calcium nitrate. From what I understand this is all I need.

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I had good results with 2 grams jacks, 2 grams calnit, and .5 or so of mag per gallon of water. I weigh each out once to get an idea of how much the volume is...aka what a spoonful should look like, then don't need to measure again.

That should work for pretty much any plant, I go up to 3 grams npk and cal and .75 of mag for higher feeders, lighter feeders get 1.5 of npk and cal with .3 of mag.

Make sure to ph it, jacks did not move ph like most other nute lines I have tried.

S

Sgrowdum

I had good results with 2 grams jacks, 2 grams calnit, and .5 or so of mag per gallon of water. I weigh each out once to get an idea of how much the volume is...aka what a spoonful should look like, then don't need to measure again.

That should work for pretty much any plant, I go up to 3 grams npk and cal and .75 of mag for higher feeders, lighter feeders get 1.5 of npk and cal with .3 of mag.

Make sure to ph it, jacks did not move ph like most other nute lines I have tried.

Tremendous help. Thanks!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Just as a heads up, looked back at my notes and I fluctuated on magnesium levels between 1g and the .5g I mentioned above. I did run it lower than recommended, then would foliar some in if a Mg deficiency showed up and up levels as needed.

S

Sgrowdum

Just as a heads up, looked back at my notes and I fluctuated on magnesium levels between 1g and the .5g I mentioned above. I did run it lower than recommended, then would foliar some in if a Mg deficiency showed up and up levels as needed.

Taking notes and logging grows is something I plan to do this time around.

Top Bottom