Jack The Ripper hermies AGAIN

• Thread starter ievolution
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ievolution

everytime ive seen the finished product of jack the ripper ive found a seed. ive never seen it grown from seed only clones that are going around cali. they were all the same cut. i tried a few times before i grew and i just assumed whoever grew it fucked up. but now i truely believe its the genetics. it was a bullshit strain to begin with. it wasnt nearly as frosty as subcool lead it on to be. actually it was my least trich covered strain. out of the 40-50 different strains ive grown. dont get me wrong the high was good. which i believe is the only reason ever to grow this strain. the plant stretches more than id like and bushes out quite a bit. the yield was below average especially for the size. the finished product looked like good outdoor. when everything else i grew had the appearance of high grade indoor. because it was indoor. ive never found a seed in my finished product. but jack the ripper changed that. i found only a couple but thats too many. this strain was the biggest let down out of everything ive ever grown. the only other TGA strain ive grown is querkle. which i liked. its not nearly as good as urkle in my opinion. didnt yield any better. took 9 weeks to turn purple. but had a really good night time high. if any1 out there is thinking of running JTR. id maybe think about trying a different strain. My gfs favorite breeder was subcool well actually jill. But i know for a fact shes lost interest in TGA seeds after jack the ripper. sad but true. sorry subcool i feel people need to know jack the ripper isnt all you said it is. i dont know where the fuck that frost is your talking about.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
That sucks. I know how you feel. Flav and Sacedawg both hermied. Pretty bad too. Found a spacedawg that wasn't too bad. Sucks because the Flav that hermied the most was also very powerful. I was thinking of getting JTR because I know a few people who like it a lot. Prolly gonna pass though. I don't mind weeding out a problem plant or two but if all of them shoot nanners like it's a party then it's just not work out.

fred

nuttso

nuttso

thx for the info. no experience with tga strains, but heard some good stuff. Anyway if u wan't to try some of the best go with mr nice seeds or sannies seeds. Sannie got some killer hybrids.

I

ievolution

ya the bud was good. i kept finding myself opening that jar. im not saying the product is bad. jus saying the genetics are fucked for some reason. i just called a guy i know that had a cut of jtr too. he got rid of it because it seeded everytime. i was just expecting better thats all. ive grown at least 50 strains. jtr is 1 of my least fav to grow. along with green crack and saga's fake ass Alaskan thunder fuck. its just not worth it. takes up to much space. and yield is shitty. the buds shrink more than any ive ever seen. when i give ppl a choice. they NEVER have chose jtr by the look. just has minimal bag appeal. lol but the high was ok. im sure theres people out there that LOVE jack the ripper. just not my cup of tea. its not like i dont know how to grow. i just couldnt believe how many trichs there werent. i took 1 at 8 weeks. and the other at 9. i wanted to take longer but i saw a few seeds maturing

S

Skunky

Well i've never had a problem with JTR the phenos i ran were frosty as hell maybe it's the clone ur runnin?

C

CAPO

I've def heard that Subbie's strains are hard to root, but never heard the herm problem.
Getting a shitty cut and wasting precious space chokes monkey balls, but so does going through a bunch of shitty phenos from seed..just to find that special keeper. Which is why lazy people see easy money in letting grips of untested clones circulate.
Shit man...if I gave out a cut and dude was dissapointed, I'd wanna go crawl under a rock or something.

Moral of my story: 1 shitty cut, does not a bad breeder make.

L

Lost

I grew it once and it hermed but not bad at all. Alot of my stuff herms in the last week but its usually just a nanner or 5..

Its definately not as strong genetcially as say Cali Connection stuff (All very high genetic quality imo).

I

ievolution

lol u grow that stuff and your from cali. why? its just shit that goes around here all the time. but not as good. imo id much rather have the real cut. i have the real lemon larry og kush cut going right now. i just started a journal on it bro u should check it out

rawman

rawman

Everyone wants to find the next elite bra that's why people go form seed! Ur just growing what someone else already found, people like me still choose to go from seed at times to hopefully find the next new thing! Although I am not in CA but I Can get just about any clone from CA. No hate though mane I still love my clones only's too and good louck with that Lemon Larry!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
love jtr

Have grown jtr many times and was always satisfied to say the least. Subcool has great seeds IMO

mal

I

ievolution

no i understand that but good point bro. i think theres enough out there that are almost unbelievable ill try growing all those before working with lower quality stuff till i find the one if i ever even do. to me not worth the effort. id rather KNOW i have some of the best shit in my room. not hope... i just hate when breeders cross elite genetics then call it by that same name. i mean lemon larry og kush. all u see is the lemon larry og kush cross not the real cut. or strawberry cough or all the other ones out there. things are already confusing enough.

I

ievolution

Have grown jtr many times and was always satisfied to say the least. Subcool has great seeds IMO

mal

compared to the strains i grew with jtr it was almost pathetic. idk but w/e heres a few shots of it. i was just really shocked that i found seeds and so have other people i talked to.

Photo1097
Photo1059
0 130
Jtr
Sdg345
H

HannaMan

lol u grow that stuff and your from cali. why? its just shit that goes around here all the time. but not as good. imo id much rather have the real cut. i have the real lemon larry og kush cut going right now. i just started a journal on it bro u should check it out

Shameless Plug much? Nobody cares about your journal bro we're talking about JACK THE RIPPER going hermie.

Anyways, I spray REVERSE by DUTCH on Day 4 and 10 of flower on my Jack the Ripper to ensure no hermies!!

She is an easy strain to grow but any random light leaks and/or stress will throw some nanners on this lady.

Reverse does the trick.

T

tcurtiss

If you are getting a clone then you are getting someone else's genetics and I don't think its fair to bash him for this, now if you started from seed with a TGA logo on it then you may have something to butch about

Try going from seed and see what happens?

T

tcurtiss

I have also gotten cuts from a well known club in the area that gave me a cut of Super Skunk that turned out to be Super Schwag, now do I blame the guy that started the seeds from SS?

Doesn't sound fair to me

I

ievolution

i know the club. i know they bought the seeds. i know the grew it out and chose the 'best' pheno. its not like i got from some random club. its the same as u buying seeds and taking a cutting off it. what u said would make sense if it wasnt for that.

I

ievolution

i know that when i start a thread i can plug whatever i want dont fucking read it if u dont want to see a link to my journal. u should check it out maybe u will learn how to grow. anyway the whole point of this thread was to let people know about my OPINION/EXPERIENCE with jack the ripper. no1 needs to get upset over it just 1 opinion out of the thousands who have grown it. oh ya after about a month and half of curing it got this nasty taste. i didnt smoke for a few weeks and it was there.before that it was 1 of the better tasting strains i had. i was dissapointed the flavor was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom