Jack The Ripper

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

H3LLB0Y

nice signature. been lurking here because i will be growing jtr soon. so how about a smoke report or a review in the strain guide.

many thanks,

HB

Z

Zen

She's a fatty for sure...

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to get the shots updated, comp is on the fuck up,so they may be a bit slow, but they'll get goin. And shes never been topped once, I use only pinching, its why theres so many large tops, I dont lose on single main branch, drives my yields up by about 25 percent from topping.

Very nice indeed... I'm curious about your final yield/weight on that plant as well.

Mind if I ask you to share your pinching techniques with us? Maybe you already did in another thread? I'd like to give it a shot.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Actually I do have a thread here about the pinching that Elite brought over before he was banned. Give me an hour or so and I'll find it for you. I've done topping, fimming, lst, bonsai style, you name itm and no matter what, i cant get anything to yield as high and have as even and sculpted structure as a pinched plant.
I'm actually trimming her right now, and fresh trimmed the smoke is quite soft, not a strong smell, quite hazey, and ok potency for wet herb, or well, you know, fresh, what the fuck ever. Taste is nice and soft, I think its one that wants a little cure to really perk up, but its nice. Little more kick would be my style, but hey, I'm a haze man, gotta get some killer power to make me really happy. But like i say, cure first, then judge.

Z

Zen

Great... thanks BB.

Curios, during veg, about how you trim and when you think its best. Do you cut any of the lower branches away... or the bottom 1/3rd of the plant?

The size and shape of your plants will be perfect for my current setup... in coco and 3gal smart pots.

Do you average 4 to 6 oz's per plant?

Thanks again bro :rauch08:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hey man, like anything it all really depends on the strain I'm working with, and actually whats around them and will make both work together as best as possible. I do a little bit of pruning just before i move u pto 1 or 2 gal pots, whatever i use that time, I'm really not that picky with those things, as I can just move one out a little bit before the other if need be. By the time it goes into flower i usually have about 1/4 to 1/3 of the bottom gone, keeping any branches that make t to the top obviously. From seed I'll start pinching when i see significant side branching starting to grow, or if it just takes off over the rest to slow down on its take over of the light. But on average I'd say its at 8-10 nodes i start from seed. Now from clone as soon as you can fit your fingers in a node, pinch away, from clone is where you get some serious bushes, seed bushes take a touch more time.
Do before I find that thread, heres some fresh trimmed bud shots for ya.

Untitled Scanned 01
Untitled Scanned 02
Untitled Scanned 03
Untitled Scanned 04
Untitled Scanned 05
Untitled Scanned 06
Untitled Scanned 08
Untitled Scanned 09
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

And heres the pinching thread that i did ages ago, hope it helps bro!

Z

Zen

And heres the pinching thread that i did ages ago, hope it helps bro!

Ok one last question bro... do you pinch/supercrop mainly to keep an even canopy or do you supercrop every single plant in an effort to force the smaller branches to the top of the canopy?

Much appreciated bro... once I get this nailed down I think I pretty much having my growing skillz up to par. :anim_19:

Z

Zen

Disregard last post.... all my questions have been anwered. :character0180:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Actually its for both reasons, keeping the canopy even this way will promote side branching anyway, kind of a side effect benefit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom